Restart Classic

I want a few fresh level 1 servers for people who want to redo the classic experience. For me classic is THE game. Everything after that with flying mounts and demons kinda kills it for me.

46 Likes

I agree in opening up Seasonal Servers for any Era type of WoW while simultaneously having Perma ones, alongside. Upon the Seasonal Servers self-deleting themselves, there should be a paid service to save/archive said Seasonal Server Characters onto the Perma Servers, of their respective Era Types. Otherwise, when the Seasonal Servers self-delete, all the characters that didn’t get saved/archived, through the paid services, over onto the Perma Servers will go POOF. They’ll NEVER return, even when the new Seasonal Server begins, and I do hope more Seasonal Servers make their way, with breaks in between, to keep that excitement, flare, hype, etc., going. No to NEW Servers that will never self-delete and just clogging up the Perma Server Listing.

That’s my vote.

19 Likes

Hot take: they aren’t because they know classic era servers will be VASTLY underpopulated, with fresh classic realms being completely barren

5 Likes

They aren’t likely to split up the playerbase any further than they already have with TBC and potentially WoTLK happening. Odds are they’ll see the playerbase that’s still actively on classic after TBC has been out for a while and might make a fresh one if there’s enough interest.

2 Likes

Fresh wont happen until later

No

3 Likes

correct
servers will be merged at some point due to low pop
fresh would be a wasteland

3 Likes

Welcome to post #17,855,903 about stupid subject #14,789. Please enjoy your stay in this repetitive, idiotic topic.

2 Likes

We will be getting Fresh classic within 10 months, don’t sweat it.

1 Like

Doubtful, prolly closer to the end of tbc.

I mean, no one knows, so you aren’t wrong lol. The issue I foresee is that the same reasoning they are giving now for not releasing fresh NOW is that they are preparing for the launch of TBC. So it really wouldn’t make sense for them to wait until the end of TBC, because then we’d be in conflict with WOTLK launching. Hence, 10-12 months seems most likely based on their past comments, but we shall see.

So if the post you’re replying to is unnecessary? What does the make your post? Doubly unnecessary?

I can see it now… within a couple months, the same folks crying for fresh servers will be here whining on the forums because:

• Faction imbalance
  • Messed up economy
  • Low population issues
  • Bots

All the behaviors that caused issues this time around will be there again if there were to be “fresh” servers launched. Why? BECAUSE THESE ARE PLAYER-CREATED PROBLEMS! The causes of these problems:

• A lot of people will still follow “the meta” and roll horde due to “OP racials”
  • AoE grinding for raw gold early on
  • AoE grinding instances (like ZF) once people hit 60
  • Jump/stealth runs
  • Starting over from scratch is only attractive to a small percentage of the Classic population
  • Some people won’t want to work for their gold, so there will be a market for gold sellers
5 Likes

I would definitely rather play on a fresh Classic server than TBC. But I think they are waiting until the split to see how many people continue playing Classic before they make a decision. That’s one of the reasons why I’ll be transferring to a Classic era realm, because I want to show that’s what I’m interested in.

So what’s the alternative for classic vanilla players? To play naxx for years on end?

It’s a big game with lots to do. It’s not hard to find something.

1 Like

The reality is, if Blizzard doesn’t provide fresh Vanilla servers… Well, there’s other options online that will provide such a service. That’s what I used to do anyway before all of this.

2 Likes

Do you not see value in the idea of everyone starting at the start together and progressing through phases? Do you not see value in seasons that so many games have?

1 Like

I can see why it appeals to some. I don’t think it’d be sustainable, however.

I would argue, the very fact that people play this game from 15 or so years ago testifies that it would be sustainable.

3 Likes