[Request] Please do what the Patch Notes actually say

Reading it carefully, it only talks about requirements to UNLOCK them. Nowhere is it ever implied that they will be auto-unlocked for you.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if PTR had no AR restrictions in the first place to allow people to actually test things and because they often (or at least did) let you make template characters.

Like it or not, the prerequisite requirements for the allied race are what is removed. The allied race unlock quests were all actually fun too. In the time you spent here alone, you can already have done them too.

2 Likes

I can’t do the quests because they are bugged. That’s the point. Look at all of the threads of people who can’t unlock the Zandalari.

I’m sure it’ll be fixed soon enough. You’ll be fine without ugly upright trolls with cool druid forms for a bit.

See, that’s where your confused. Meeting the requirements never unlocked the allied races, it unlocked the quest chain.

2 Likes

I can’t argue with that haha. But consistent patch notes, PTR, and live game would have prevented this whole mess.

Then this needs to be in the patch notes. It states this no where.

Patch notes (for the most part) are a list of what’s changed. This part isn’t in the patch notes, because that part hasn’t changed, it’s been that way since 7.3.5 (even if players like you and OP have forgotten).

2 Likes

The patch notes was consistent with what we’re seeing. PTR is a separate server with everything unlocked. And as many said and one confirmed, it’s not a bug. Do a couple quests in horde bfa and the guy will appear, he’s just phased out.

1 Like

Yeah, with the first reply to mine saying they never said cross-realm, I was then replying with extrapolation on why that likely happened.

We’re all on the same page now! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t even care if this was all tested on the PTR and released without bugs.

“Look, the patch notes can be interpretted in a way that makes them not wrong!” as if that magically fixes the bugs once a semantic riddle is solved and you run defense for Blizzard enough. They released a bugged game because their PTR, Patch Notes, and Live Game weren’r consistent with each other.

It is bugged. No amount of forum trolling will fix the game. Hotfixes and proper development in the future will fix the game.

2 Likes

Some people are even able to talk to him and complete the quest, and the races still aren’t unlocked. Overcoming the phasing issue is just the first hurdle.

The patch notes can’t be consistent with both PTR and Live, as the two contradict each other. If they were all consistent and this was tested on PTR, no bugs.

It’s supposed to be a short chain of quest talking about how they’re joining their faction.

2 Likes

Nah, it’s a bug.

the Quest Marker literally points to the missing NPC being in the floor.

For some reason, having all of the available Allied Race Quests in my quest log and in progress seem to fix it.

1 Like

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/906234294333218826/964932166356197376/IMG_9054.jpg

And the Panda direct me to Kul Tiras to talk to Cyrus. However, instead of being sent back to SW, he sent me off to talk to some lady who just had me collect a bunch of wood.

This isn’t a short quest to me.

Though, frankly, it feels like there’s a bunch of bugged stuff right now. Logged into my lock, don’t see anything to have me proceed to DMF to get my demon appearances changed (or at least start the quest). Logged on to my DH and I had to actually open up the map in Val just to find out where the actual Chromie stuff starts since the little dragon messenger only sends me to the daycare.

I mean, if I didn’t somewhat pay attention, I wouldn’t even know there was new content outside of that.

Was this patch even really ready?

Work on reading comprehension

1 Like

Yes, you should.

No, I shouldn’t

Ok, go show everyone how to unlock the Zandalari then. I will link to one of several threads. We could all use your help.