Request: Bring Back GDKP for Phase 3 (4 now)

It’s unnecessarily hyperbolic for one.

1 Like

Getting bored when fulling gearing your character is the same for any game. The “incentive” for GDKP is just to do what? Do more GDKPS in the future so you can then…do more GDKPS?

IDK, just seems like there is a very small group of people who like doing GDKP and the vast majority want it so they can just buy gold and then buy gear, while the hosts bank on RMTers.

3 Likes

The “incentive” for GDKP is to have geared character join PUG to earn gold, so the PUG will be formed faster and run smoother. And then they can spend their shares from geared char on their alts. => 2 PUG runs & 2 active chars

You’re not getting GDKPs back in SoD.

I’m okay with that.

1 Like

So again, the incentive to do GDKPS is so you can get gold to…do GDKPS on an alt. Do you see where I am going with this? There is no incentive outside of doing more GDKPs.

Also it slowly eliminates players who don’t do gdkp. Imagine the bids after the next gold screw up - I can see it now 2000g bid minimum.

I’ve been against GDKP forever… but now it’s created a division between the casual and the serious players. GDKP actually brought both types of players together… so idk anymore.

2 Likes

Blizzard should just create a currency that you get for killing bosses/completing dungeons, raids, etc that can be used in place of gold instead? Call it dungeon kill points or something? You get 5 per boss kill/rare spawn kill, 20 per dungeon completion, and 50 per raid completion? Then people can use that to bid on gear if the loot is set to DKP in raids?

People that get no gear can get a portion of the DKP that pool in the raid group… just like GDKP did.

1 Like

GDKP is also a raid run, pug, which means active players. You are not considering GDKP players as players. And that’s why there’s less voice about GDKP in the forum, since those guilds stop playing

That’s what I’ve described in this post.

1 Like

Wow I swear I didn’t copy that lol. But yeah, that seems like the absolute best solution.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

There’s no ban on the SR/ MS> OS raid, you can still enjoy your game in the SR/ MS> OS.
If there’s not enough players want to play in the non-gdkp way, does that mean GDKP is actually better?

Nah it just means that everyone is doing it. Doesn’t mean its better for the game.
Regarding the token solution you posted 'The emblems can be used to trade for gold through NPC, one way only. ’

This is I think a big problem as its inflating. Dilution with no way of reducing currency - theyd need to introduce a currency dump. GDKP at least is with gold in circulation.

It’s easy to view things this way when nothing was taken from you. If you can come up with a counter-argument to my post on the long term effects of the GDKP ban, I’d love to hear it. If you can explain why this isn’t a serious issue, even better.

1 Like

There’s always a way to circulate any currency.

You can put your bid like 1, 2, 10 emblems to win one item, but you only earn 1 emblem from each boss kill. (System circulate the emblems back, you don’t get the share of the bid

You use the Emblems to trade consumes, and limited version mounts.

Or a simple way: it expires in 2 weeks

I tried in the past, as have others with you. You prefer to whine and play victim, which you are still doing here.

People have told you logical statements about why and what but you refute each time with a “nu uh” or “until blizzard says X” statements which are highly dismissive and show the “just counter my argument” statement is false.

Plenty have, you’re just not listening to reason.

The ban stays until it doesn’t. If the ban is still in effect, what does that tell you?
Not gonna “debate” a bad faith troll again.

Well, that certainly is one way to decline my invitation to have a proper discussion.

If you wanted one, it would have happened long ago, you don’t.

My whole post is right there for you to pick apart. Have at it. Enjoy.

1 Like