"Report Advertisement" option

Hello,
Just wanted some clarification on what does this option does? Sure it reports, but are there any consequences at all? I’ve seen plenty of groups explicitly offering “services” from heinous websites such as “wow vendor wow carry” stuff like that. I’m doing my part, reporting any time I see it, just wanted to know if its being worth. Thank you

Reporting illicit commerce is always worth it. Not doing such only exacerbates the problem which hurts everyone. Blizzard takes these scammers very seriously, and we routinely see the actions taken that our reports generate in this forum.

It just isn’t an instant action like everyone would love to see.

8 Likes

Yes, Kroggan, there are consequences. We don’t put reporting systems in place to act as a placebo. :slight_smile:

These are social systems though, which means that they work best when they are used by a lot of people. The more folks report, the faster those advertisements get addressed and lower the overall impact they have.

The ones advertising though tend to be “companies” that try to exploit the game so they usually use compromised accounts to do their advertisement. We do what we can to address those are best as we can but until their isn’t a market for it, it is a challenge. Thank you for doing what you can do report those you see violating policy.

8 Likes

Thank you for the clarifications!

4 Likes

Suggestion: please implement an “ignore” function to the system, so whatever group we report VANISHES from the list. It’s really annoying refreshing the LFG list and keep seeing the same advertisements over and over.

1 Like

Any reporting should already include a temporary account ignore, until your next log in. The problem as always is they will use multiple accounts, so any long term ignore would ultimately not be sufficient with the limitations present in the ignore system.

3 Likes

I’m looking for a macro that does this for me in the dungeons and raids section. I can find the people if i report like half the groups.

There really isn’t a macro that can do this. You could ask in the Macros/UI forums, but I don’t think there is a way to macro the report feature.

2 Likes

That is also my understanding.