Premade Groups [Advertising]

If I report someone for advertising (ie selling Mythic boosting for real dollars) does anyone actually look at those reports? I spend probably the first 5-10 minutes reporting people for boosting services just to clear the clutter so I can find a group to do a mythic with. It’s really sad that people are making so much money of an IP that isn’t theirs. One of these boosting services is using the name of a well known WoW guide blogger and are probably making so much money off of that alone.

I miss the old looking for group channel when real people were looking for other real people to do a dungeon, but I guess this isn’t TBC anymore.

1 Like

Game masters will take action when a violation has been confirmed once your report is at the front of the queue, yes. More reports get it seen faster, but remember that seventeen different reports from your own account will still only equal one report in the system, so numerous people need to be reporting it.

There’s ample proof that Blizzard does take action in this forum alone, you’re welcome to browse at your leisure.

5 Likes

Blizzard need to make reporting tos violations a forefront so everyone reports it. Putting a “report for Advertising” right-click feature isn’t enough. I’ve been reporting these boosters for months. Maybe Blizzard should go after the websites that are making money off the Blizzard IP.

Just to be clear, it isn’t a TOS violation. It was a new policy introduced to the game a little over two years ago.

I’m sure they would, if it were only that easy. A lot of services are being sold in locations that are beyond the scope and jurisdiction of their counsel (overseas), and thus it seems like Blizzard aren’t doing anything to combat it until it’s physically happening in-game. They don’t own the internet, after all. There is, quite literally, an extent that they can reach to secure their own property.

And that’s excellent! Blizzard relies on those reports in order to take action, given the scope of the game. It’s simply too large for them to be pro-active about it without spending an absolute fortune on the manpower to do so. Also remember that things aren’t going as fast as they usually do due to people still working from home during the pandemic.

Absolutely keep on reporting, and encourage others in your circles to do the same when they encounter it. It might seem like a long shot on occasion, but they absolutely do take action.

9 Likes

Oh yes they do. we get people coming here all the time complaining about be suspended and/or silenced fo doing stuff like that.

3 Likes

While that may be true specifically, it is generally against the Terms of Service:

See Section C iii which includes:

Prohibited Commercial Uses:…communicating or facilitating (by text, live audio communications, or otherwise) any commercial advertisement, solicitation or offer through or within the Platform;

They refined it to cover all forms of advertising, including the Premade group finder. Especially as its impossible to tell from the wording of the promotion whether gold or real money will eventually be asked for.

1 Like

I searched “advertising” on the main Customer Support page.

4 Likes

You can use modifiers in the search box. Search for whichever terms you usually do for a mythic run, but add in “-wts”, and “-boost”. That should leave you only with the people using weird ASCII characters to spell WTS and BOOST. Not too many to deal with.

Good luck.

2 Likes