Renown Ban Wave?

Irrelevant. You are not the owner of that account, your brother is. Unless he was the LEGAL Guardian of you as a child, you should have never had access to that account. Account sharing is account sharing. Will they close your account? Unlikely. However with the account sharing on top of any exploitation (*realized or not) your room to claim innocence/ignorance is rapidly declining.

5 Likes

Which can no longer be done as of (I believe) June of this year.

4 Likes

Our account has been linked more than 10 years. I’m not a new player.

Related blue posts.

4 Likes

[…] account CAN be […].

The bottom line is that you shouldn’t be playing on your brother’s account. That it got caught up in a ban wave is ONE of the reasons account sharing isn’t allowed. You are complaining that you were “just playing the game like normal and not doing anything wrong” and that Blizzard is banning people that are not breaking the rules. But you are using an account that isn’t yours.

You were sharing an account and it made it look like you were exploiting. Sorry but that isn’t something that you can blame on Blizzard.

9 Likes

“Good evening! I assume that the reason I was banned is due to a reputation bug that was occurring. I have been playing with one of my brothers for years, always together, and we learned about the existence of this multiple account bug only after we had completed all the loremaster achievements for the expansion. We only discovered it was a bug after comparing the reputation of The Severed Threads with other friends. In other words, we didn’t know about the bug before we had finished all the quests. I completely understand the ban and, to some extent, agree with it, but I would like to know if there is a possibility of reviewing my case. I still believe the 4-day ban is fair, but I would still like to request a review of my case if possible.”

"This action has been taken in accordance with our Terms of Use and our In-game Policies, which all players acknowledge and agree to prior to playing. These policies and conditions allow us to maintain a fun and safe game environment for all of our players.

Our Blizzard Terms of Use can be found at this address: [site not allowed]

Game Masters cannot and will not overturn or modify penalties.

We now consider this matter closed and would not look to enter into further discussion on the subject.

Game Masters Team
Blizzard Europe"

If this were really a problem, it would have been identified by the GM who responded to my ticket, considering that I explicitly explained the issue and that I play with my brother. You seem to be looking for reasons to blame those who played the game honestly. The only issue TOS has with account sharing is related to account security risks, nothing more. Stop changing the topic’s subject.

1 Like

It’s funny that you used this post, because you completely glossed over one of the most important points in that post:

Welcome to the serious security risks. Now, Blizzard has to sort out whether you were exploiting, or your brother was. Now, they have to determine who was the cause and who was the effect.

You’ve made their job much, much harder, and quite frankly, this is EXACTLY why it’s not allowed. Do they understand family circumstances, and wanting to enjoy the game together? Absolutely, and they don’t go looking for these issues or laying down a banhammer. They tend to help people do it the right way, so they don’t lose years of progress.

But in these circumstances? It might not end well for the account. This is something you’re going to have to understand as you head down the appeal path.

7 Likes

This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what is being discussed in this thread, and worse, it seems you haven’t even been able to understand how the bug apparently worked.

2 Likes

Quite frankly, sharing an account with your brother is not playing the game honestly. And while you say:

Times are changing. They have recently changed how the approach this situation (no account/license moves whatsoever), and they have recently made a change to move most reputations/rewards account wide, which brings in a whole other round of concerns with account sharing.

This is 100% false. Account sharing is not allowed, period. The only exception is a legal guardian and ONE (not two children, not five, but ONE) child under 18.

7 Likes

Most everyone understands how this EXPLOIT (not bug, EXPLOIT) works. You are the one trying to claim you did nothing wrong. Account sharing, while maybe not the impetus for the suspension, is definitely something you’re doing wrong, and was likely one of many contributing factors to the situation.

Again, the game has changed with this expansion. While account sharing may not have been viewed as harsh before now, it’s likely come into play more and more as the game moves to more of an account-wide paradigm.

4 Likes
  1. select a unique username and password (collectively referred to hereunder as “Login Information”). You may not use your real name as the password for the Account, and you cannot share the Account or the Login Information with anyone, unless the terms of this Agreement allow it.

Which currently, the terms of the agreement does not allow account sharing.

2 Likes

So you’re telling me that at the beginning of creating the BNET, when I transferred my account to his in a LEGAL manner, using my data and ID through a LEGAL process, it’s something wrong or illegal?

Furthermore, regarding the bug: being logged in with two accounts at the same time has NEVER been a problem in the game. Many of the affected players are only there because they had two accounts logged in simultaneously. Stop looking for invisible problems and read about the bug that people used as an exploit.

1 Like

You have never been allowed to gift or sell a account.

5 Likes

And I think the 4-day suspension and the renown rollback is justified. If you exploited a bug, then you knew what you were doing and the risk it could’ve taken.

5 Likes

Renown and rewards rollback are fair and justified. Why 4 days if i didn’t even knew about the bug!?

2 Likes

[quote=“Dragonborn-azralon, post:261, topic:1950132”]
So you’re telling me that at the beginning of creating the BNET, when I transferred my account to his in a LEGAL manner[/quote]

This was not done in a “legal” manner. I wouldn’t really use the words legal or illegal. That implies you broke a law and you’re facing jail time. That’s definitely not the case.

But it was not done within the rules of the ToS of this game. Again, it’s not something they actively look for, and it’s also a mistake that they USED TO be able to assist with, but those days are gone. They do not assist any more, and when these situations arise, these are the consequences.

Just because the game allows you to do something, does not mean it’s ok to do. You can name your characters something extremely vulgar. The Create Character screen will allow it to go through (except for some excessively vulgar phrases/words), but that doesn’t mean it’s approved and you can’t be actioned for it.

It’s not a problem. It’s unsupported (meaning they do not design the game around this possibility, and also, it’s not an excuse for breaking the rules), but perfectly fine.

The problem that you are STILL. NOT. GETTING. is that this is not from JUST being logged in at the same time. There were specific things that were done WHILE both accounts were logged in that broke the rules.

This didn’t happen because you were both logged in. This happened because of what happened WHILE you were both logged in.

I would say that you need to stop trying to downplay the exploit, and your account’s apparent role in it. Saying things like “we were just logged in together, playing the game normally” is grossly inaccurate.

Because you still benefitted from it. If you steal a thousand dollars, you don’t get to just give it back and that’s it. There are consequences to breaking the rules.

5 Likes

Well, lets start with “if didn’t know about the bug” shall we:

The data Blizzard uses doesn’t go by “who knew about it” or “who did it without knowing.” It shows that you have participated in the renown exploit. Yourself should be responsible for everything that you do, you participated in the account exploit, you got actioned for it.

Thank god this isn’t Brazil, and thank god the evidence does stack against you.

6 Likes

Neither I nor my brother knew about the exploit. The reputation simply doubled. Seriously, do you not even make the slightest effort to read what was said? It’s not about one person knowing and the other not; NOBODY knew. Moreover, no one whose reputation was doubled escaped the ban, which indicates that Blizzard didn’t care at all about who triggered the bug accidentally and who did so abusively.

2 Likes