Renown Ban Wave?

I’m wondering if a ban wave for some type of renown exploitation was just sent out something? I have a guild member who’s one of my core raiders and main guild crafters who just received a suspension until 9/13 for “Offense: Exploitation of game mechanics.” and the only thing we think we’ve narrowed it down to is that his renown for Severed Threads is 18. Mine is 14, so I’m not sure if his is high or not since I haven’t really tried to farm renown. Seems like people who’ve accidentally benefited from a bug (that quite frankly should have never made it live) are being caught in the cross fire for people who intentionally exploited the bug.

Seems like they did.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/296046508594167811/1282815441575870555/image.png?ex=66e0ba7a&is=66df68fa&hm=ef767706e2fca7060ac354a3d3554260e8883293204d9ae625d6af17600d4988&

They may come in to confirm it, but I had just seen the Wowhead webhook moments before I saw your new post.

It’s possible, I’ve seen things like that happen before. But I don’t consider that confirmation, that is a third party site stating that some players claimed something. Nothing official yet.

If bans are for exploitation like that, they are for repeated, intentional exploitation where it’s obvious that someone was taking advantage of an exploit.

3 Likes

I have been playing this game since its release and never have i been suspended. I dont talk to anyone. i just play with my wife. I was just in the middle of a dungeon and i got dc’ed and all 5 of my accounts are showing as suspended. there is no reason. no email. no nothing.

2 Likes

Check ur spam folder if its.anywhere thats where it will be.

2 Likes

there is no email at all.

i find it funny because i have been seeing a few different people in general chat saying they were suspended in the past 2 weeks or so. and i just thought well they must of did something. now i believe them.

2 Likes

Emails are often batched, so should still be incoming.

Thos 5 accounts, were you playing them all multibox style, not a question i guess. You can pur in an appeal while waiting the email.

6 Likes

no just playing 1 of the accounts. but all 5 are suspended. no clue why. i dont talk to anyone in game. just me and my wife plays. not even in a guild.

i have 6 accounts total and the 6th account that has not been active for over a year is suspended as well. dont know what is going on right now.

Do you ise any work related programs on your computer that mite be considered automation.

1 Like

nope the pc i play on is just specifically for wow. nothing else on it.

I just received a ban also. The email says for exploitation of game mechanics. I have no idea what I exploited.

2 Likes

yup, i still didnt get any email yet. but i have no idea whatsoever. i been playing this game since its release and never once got suspended or break any rules. so this is beyond me. i have no clue what is going on. makes me want to cancel all my subs and walk away. this is insane.

1 Like

is your city of thread reputation above 20?

1 Like

Mine is not.

what is it? between 15-20?

I think it’s 17.

yes it is. i got early access and leveled 4 toons to 80. i dual boxed 2 toons to 80. and did the next 2. but i didnt do anything out of the ordinary. just quest and hit max. i think i am 21 renowned with threads and 15-17 with all the others.

thats the reason you got banned

17 is still too high, thats also the reason you got banned

1 Like