Renown Ban Wave?

Warden is Blizzard’s anti-cheat software. It runs on your computer and monitors for known automation/cheat programs running.

I believe if detected, a GM goes over the evidence found and then either account action is taken or not.

Yes, sometimes they it wrong - which is why there is an appeals process.

Not surprisingly, with the recent reputation exploit ban-wave that has recently occurred, the ticket times are a little longer than usual.

But when they get it wrong people suffer and lose until the appeal process goes through. Assuming it does go through and they get it “right” the second time. Not being rude just really upset that im being put through the whole process.

I’d suggest sticking to you own thread Dotz. Your account action has nothing to do with this thread.

10 Likes

Apeals are sitting at over a week i believe yes the punishment will be over by then but if successful u can ask for 4 days of game time and the blackmark will be removed.

5 Likes

I’m asking a valid question IMO…

Are you able to post on these forms if your account is perma banned?

A different game license

ah. makes sense. thx

I got banned today and am posting, same, “for hacks” o_o’

Hacks isnt realy apropriate for this unless u were realy hacked.

A ban and a suspension are entirely different, and not related.

2 Likes

Not gunna lie, i am kind of scared to quest now, have they even fixed the bug? its stupid how people got banned for simply having other accounts logged in, I had my bank character for AH & Crafter logged in did quests on my main got triple rep and now suspended for it. Didn’t exploit like turning in all pact quests at the same time like one of the RWF raider’s, simply did quests and a bug happened… my other accounts was just in main city lol

No appeal because they have said that they aren’t, black mark on my account so if bug like this happens again i guess its just gg? good bye 20 year account?

Its like a bank putting money into your account by accident and then you have to go to jail for stealing no appeal, not even my fault and i couldn’t of avoided it even if i wanted too…

It is what it is. sucks that i can’t play, the worst part about this is the mark i now have on my account for “exploiting” and if something ever happens again like this high chance of permanent ban.

I hope blizzard see’s this and understands normal people with multiple accounts that just quested got hit by this and we are getting the “exploiter” tag on our account for something that we couldn’t control.

Does anyone know if the bug is even fixed?

Honestly if you play the game like normal you should be fine. people overthinking. Normal gameplay will get you banned servers no purpose.

3 Likes

that what i do
but still got caught in this

1 Like

I did play the game like normal, and i got suspended for it, simply having other accounts logged in doubled or tripled the rep for threads, that was all that was required for you to “exploit”

3 Likes

Playing multiple accounts at the same time is not supported. It is not against the rules as well, but it is not supported. So, you take your chances with it. It’s like any of the many unsupported stuff that players do…at their own risk.

4 Likes

Do you have a link for this?

I like to see a link for unsupported as well. multiple account has allways been aloud. I feel you “feelsbankman” i got hit with suspension too for having 3 accounts. I see you around also in org on your banker when im doing mine too.

1 Like

There is no designation of “supported” or “not supported” in anything that is published I can find.

Multiboxing is not a violation. Therefore it is OK.

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.

4 Likes

Suspended as well. I was running five characters through the zone completing the campaign.

I didn’t even notice I was Renown 16 until I completed the last quest in the campaign.

Appeal. This bug was exploited by some and a bane by many others.

No one said it wasn’t permitted or not allowed.

It is a valid playstyle, with caveats, but it will not be assisted with by Blizzard if things gum up, and the game will not be further developed with that playstyle in mind. Simply unsupported.

2 Likes