Remove all rewards from people who got banned

Cancel culture.

:+1:

1 Like

I’d rather they kept the mount reward, but the mount now makes unmutable embarrassing sounds while they are in use so cheaters can be ID’ed and avoided. Non-stop farting sounds, for example.

1 Like

Yes and what will they still have at the end of the month when they come back? The mount, the people needing the help getting the mount are not the ones concerned with missing out on mythic prog. They are the ones paying for mythic boosts once cross realm is opened. So relatively they come out ahead in the situation.

As for the sellers, those are the ones in which a loss of gametime right now is damaging.

They have the technology.

I recently discovered why I kept experiencing this farting sound every time I hopped on a particular character. I thought I had been hacked, or something was going on. It was awful and hilarious.

There is an item called “Flatulent Fish” you can pick up and if it’s in your inventory it will make a fart sound every time you log in or port somewhere or something.

1 Like

No you can’t do that. That is very much a violation of the rules, and just generally a bad idea overall for you. A parent can set up an account in the adult’s name and allow one minor child to use it though. That is the one exception.

Only you are allowed to access an account registered in your name. We don’t recognize the transfer of accounts between individuals. Activities performed on your account are your liability.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except if you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit one minor child to use your account. You may not use your account at the same time, and you are liable for activities conducted by the minor child.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and the use of your user name and password. You are responsible for all uses of your information, even if you don’t authorize them. Security of your account is your responsibility.

This ensures that one person is the registed account holder who is held responsible for all activities on the account. It means that all achievements, mounts, pets, etc also say with the one person.

Ideally for a parent, they set up the account in the name of the parent. Then they can set up parental controls and limits without it impacting the adult’s main account. When the child turns 18 they contact Blizz with proper documentation to have it transferred to the new adult’s name.

1 Like

Guess we’ll find out in a month when they’re able to login and armory updates.

1 Like

Personally I think that is a bit insensitive to like different types of family dynamics and different family types. Weird how it’s only your children that can play technically.

Especially for stuff you technically do not own. Wow get’s deleted one day and everything is erased anyway.

Part of the reason I started playing wow was a friend let me make an character on his account when we were kids for like a day while at his house. And I got into the story and decided to play the game and make my own account.

Games nowadays feel weirdly controlling.

4 Likes

Yeah, heavy agree there.

Think they should still get the ability to earn it, honestly. Make them suffer the pain of actually learning how to play their class.

4 Likes

One of the worst takes I have seen ever. What about making money? Easier to steal and do illegal things to make money than to get a real job.

You need to think before you post stuff like this. Community Council members have some scuffed takes.

4 Likes

Maybe not a permaban but the rewards definitely deserve to be stripped. A 30-day ban would seem like a small price to pay for the rewards which would otherwise last forever. Who’s to say they won’t do it again afterwards? :thinking:

4 Likes

This, if they keep rewards 30 days is a joke of a punishment.

1 Like

As always attack the result and not the problem. None of this would have happened in the first place if the Mage Tower was a non-elite experience. It wasn’t nerfing it to the ground but making it accessible to everyone though.

2 Likes

Ya that’s honestly a take so fried it’s on a troll level. “Mythic raiding is too hard, if it was nerfed then so many people wouldn’t have to spend gold/rmt on a mythic Sylv kill.” It’s the exact same line of logic.

1 Like

Honestly, blizzard is just giving booster more incentive, sure give them a banned. Make a new account pay them again, figure out how they found out about this and fix the issue and we’re back to boosters selling and making even more money due to account banned. Wow tokens is just a way to pay guilds to carry them in raids and 15s, so the boosting won’t stop, it’s blizzard adding a front to take a fix that can’t be fixed. If you do research, blizzard banned accounts and that same person made a new account and just paid the boosters to get what he had before. Blizzard isn’t doing anything to fix the issue, they are enabling it with wow tokens. Also most of the raids can be bought though gold and 15s. Okay, so banned the boosters, make them make a guild and advertise as a guild. Blizzard doesn’t know who paid they just 30 day jailed because they can’t find who actually paid for the MT. The accounts get banned, fine. Make a new account and pay for MT again and use a different program that doesn’t peak blizzards attention. This is just in blizz favor to bring back players just to watch nothing change after this blows over… most has nothing to do with boost and was put on a 30 day, I applaud blizz but your just enabling this even more. Run a different program stay low key and nothing can be done. Instead of a wave it should of been done more carefully, but hey they sold the company for reasons and now want to destroy it before the owners take it over to fix what they continuously keep destroying.

1 Like

It is the opposite of logic. I’m stunned someone Blizzard thought deserves a spot on the Council could make such a primitive and ridiculous argument. Really questioning Blizzards standards right now.

1 Like

It’s worth noting that the subject line of this discussion thread is exactly what we intend to do. We don’t consider it sufficient to issue a suspension and then have the offender log back in with their ill-gotten gains intact.

We’ll remove both the reward(s) and the kill credit(s) from any player who was actioned for having their account piloted.

165 Likes

And everyone was happy.

11 Likes

Great work guys, loving the moves lately !!

4 Likes

unfortunately that won’t sate the bloodlust around here, but it’s a nice idea and i support it!

I’m perfectly fine with this response. The last part was a genuine over-concern said offenders would do the action again however with better knowledge on how to not get caught.