Remember that Dark Ranger Questline?

The one that appeared in the BFA datamining somewhere along the time of 8.1? The one everyone thought got scrapped. Well apparently it wasn’t! It exists in Shadowlands beta data and it’s level requirements have been altered to reflect the new Shadowlands level squish, starting at level 50. It was added in 9.0.1.34137. Not only now does the questline have a name, Velonara’s apprentice also has a name as well.

Considering customization is feature touted for the Shadowlands, I think this hints at the possibility that it will reward customization.

Thanks to Mellow for pointing this out to me!

`https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/quest=54944/the-dark-rangers-pupil

13 Likes

say what now?

What do you mean? I wasn’t clear enough? I could edit the main post and make it clearer for you.

1 Like

I guess it was just another way of saying, no, I don’t remember that questline. Nor do I remember hearing anything about it. But I also don’t remember what I ate for dinner last night, so it could just be me.

1 Like

It would cool if we get Dark Ranger customization.

6 Likes

I’m excited for you!

Also gives me hope for what I am personally excited for as well!

1 Like

I can tell you most assuredly it was present before, but all past instances of it are “no longer available.” Not that we physically had access to them before or anything. Now we’ve got the Shadowlands version which means they more than likely have SOMETHING planned for it.

You’ve got a bad memory, huh? No worries! I have days like that.

Thank you! I hope you get what you want too. Out of curiosity what are you excited for?

1 Like

I have no idea what you are talking about but im glad you have something youre excited about :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll throw an in game suggestion for Dark Ranger Customization, when I’m off work! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oh and I’m just excited about Sethrak. Hoping they make it as an AR/Playable Race. There’s some Sethrak NPCs datamined for 9.0.1. So that gives me hope.

4 Likes

/carries sign

• dark ranger/san’layn customizations for belfs
  • farstrider tats and runic tats for belf helfs
  • sun elf style fx, like sunlit mana hair and other light fx for belf helfs
  • botanist druids for belf helfs
  • more haircolors, beards and hairstyles for velf helfs and velfs
  • ear/eyebrow resizing for velf helfs
  • paladin class for velf helfs
4 Likes

If this is a prelude to dark ranger customization, i hope it’s not hunter only.

1 Like

it makes the most sense as hunter only though
Maybe rogues make sense too.

But like paladin would be very strange

2 Likes

Oh nice that quest description sounds really promising!

1 Like

Allied…

Class?

How can anyone be “newly raised” if it requires valkyr.

Perhaps he was raised prior to Sylvanas’ betrayal? It’s not that far-fetched.

Thanks!

I still don’t know why there aren’t any reptilian playable races. :confused: I think Sethrak and many of the beast races are really cool and interesting.

3 Likes

I’ve got to find that discord.

"Please add Dark Ranger and or San’layn customization options in Shadowlands! I’ve seen some passionate people on the forums advocating for this… I think with a small storyline and series of quests to complete, or perhaps a few achievements this customization could be unlocked in a way that makes sense for the story! " This sums up the suggestion I just submitted!

If you are interested in making suggestions in game on your own as well, it’s under the Help tab!

1 Like

Thanks a million, Nad! I’ve got some race suggestions… Sethrak, Tigon/Saberons, Mok’nathal, etc.

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes