Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread šŸ

I have seen other works by these crocodiles, dragons, werewolves and even with avians and loxodons.

4 Likes

I think the thing that kills me is just how many little tidbits and hints there are out there that Sethrak could be a playable race. Bits in the lore, in the code, in the animation rig, in the little bits of gameplay dialogue. Iā€™m sure a lot of it is there for vague future-proofing, and Iā€™m sure many of the races and factions out there have similar hints, but it just feels like weā€™re SO close to having them yet so far.

6 Likes

I get what you are saying. We had hints of the Sanā€™layn. Well more like a whole story line. But in the end they were just using the Horde.

I think we just need to keep up with our excitement and passion for Sethrak. Blizzard is listening. And who knows, maybe all those hints and our love for Sethrak and their lore will pay off!

A lot of other AR threads have fizzled out. But this one is still going. Steady and strong. And itā€™s been about 3 years now. Or very nearly. Iā€™ll have been actively advocating for Sethrak, for a year next month. And yeah, I have my moments where I get disheartened and depressed about it. But Iā€™m too passionate about this to give up. Itā€™s something positive for me to focus on and is oriented around things I love!

We got 7 threads to this mega thread. Dozens of other topics asking about Sethrak. Thousands of posts. Hundreds of voices. Theyā€™re brought up time and time again (and not just by my obsessed self, lol).

So letā€™s keep up the discussion and desire to see Sethrak make it on the character selection screen!!

:heart::snake:

7 Likes

Sethraks are an interest of many people, from the first day of BfA.
Few subjects are as persistent and present in this forum as sethraks as a playable race.

Sethraks are something desired on both sides of the ocean.
They would be an easy success, with much appreciation.

6 Likes

Yes! I follow this artist on Facebook. Just thought her Snakefolk design was particularly amazing! And pertains to our topic very well.

Iā€™m not even that bothered by how she represents the females with breast like structures. I suppose if youā€™re going to give a reptile humanoid, breasts, they wouldnā€™t be true breasts. The depiction is more like pseudo-breasts. Or faux-breasts. Similar to how Sylvari women in Guild Wars 2 are shown.

And speaking of Gw2. You also got the Asura. Which are mammalian (I think?) and neither the males or females have mammary glands. At least not in the pectoral region. And still the Asura women look perfectly feminine.

6 Likes

Sorry I keep posting. Iā€™m just excited!

Just saw another post referencing a supposed scrapped quest line entailing something about Dark Rangers. It was from BfA. Guess they found out itā€™s not scrapped and has been found in Beta files for Shadowlands, appropriate level squish and all.

This gives me so much hope that what might have been seemingly scrapped for Sethrak is going to be used at some point later!

:crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Why havenā€™t these guys happened yet? Theyā€™re awesome! I didnā€™t know there was anything scrapped for Sethrak, but I guess there were a few things scrapped in BFA.

7 Likes

There were NPCS scrapped for 8.3. Dialogue change and some other things removed.

Some of the others here would be able to tell ya more!

And THANK you! For stopping by. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Several races in BfA had a number of hints or seemed very possible as allied races, but sadly nothing ever came from it. Not to mention all the radio silence before and after the Nazjatar/Mechagon patch was painful, as well as the damp squib of a final patch that left much to be desired. It feels like they had to rush to finish BfA to move resources into focusing on Shadowlands.

Itā€™s always possible weā€™ll see these races again in the future, and in terms of something like Sethrak, there has been a lot of popularity of them to the point that weā€™re seeing Sethrak stuff in Shadowlands. There is enough popularity that I still feel like they have a chance to come back into a future expansionā€™s storyline, assuming the Sethrak we met before have no role in Shadowlands of course.

Still, even if we have about two or so years of Shadowlands, I still feel like itā€™s important to keep showing support of some kind for races people want playable. All that space on the new character creation screen must be for new races, which means that the Horde and Alliance will be gradually expanding its members over time. Hopefully, weā€™ll see races get added that people have been asking for.

Letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

8 Likes

Weā€™ll just steadily fill out this thread, and then start another. I remember, way back when BFA started, I thought to myself ā€œOh, if WoW makes Sethrak a playable race, Iā€™m going to no-life that game till the servers shut down.ā€

Well, they didnā€™t, and so I didnā€™t. I came back a couple months ago instead, bee-lined through most of the content and am sitting here waiting for Shadowlands, because thereā€™s some cool content there.

Now, Iā€™m hearing that thereā€™s Sethrak in Shadowlands (iirc in Maldraxus?) and that they have a little slice of story there as well. That makes me very hopeful for the future, and that Blizzard hasnā€™t forgotten this fantastic race that theyā€™ve created, and the stories that still need to be told!

5 Likes

Yes there is. Itā€™s the whole reason Iā€™m going Maldraxxus. :rofl:

There is Emeni, a few other named Sethrak and also a good handful of generic Sethrak npcs in the files for 9.0 that I can find on WoWhead under the PTR or Beta version of the site.

Makes me hopeful. And makes me excited. I do think Blizzard is listening as I have said and I do think they are aware on some level that there is a lot of interest and passion in the race and their lore.

Fingers crossed! I need some good news eventually and something to look forward to, Blizzard! Lifeā€™s hectic.

And this would at least help ease some of the stress of all the bad things Iā€™ve been dealing with.

7 Likes

I totally feel that. One of the big reasons that I want Sethrak isnā€™t even for the gameplay but for the RP aspect of the race, being able to wander around Stormwind/Orgrimmar and play out a different kind of character, make freinds, develop my own story, etc etc. As it is, I kind of struggle to do that with many of the races that exist currently because none of them ā€˜feelā€™ right to me, or I have a hard time identifying with them.

On the other hand, because of my need for Sethrak, Iā€™m DMā€™ing a campaign for DnD that features snake-people on a large scale just to see a bit if my fantasy come to life!

5 Likes

I feel this. I play a Worgen cause itā€™s the closest this game has for me I suppose. Sethrak would be the perfect fit.

My first one I want to make is going to be named Hershey. After my late pet Hognose Snake. He died from cancer this past winterā€¦ I was really attached to him. Came up with a little story that he gets sent to Ardenweald and is reborn as a Sethrak. Just something cute and a way to honor him.

I just donā€™t know if I want him to be a Hunter or Warrior. I got a preference for Hunter and his personality sort of fits it. But Warrior also would not be bad cause he was strong and fought until the day he passed away.

And I love DnD/Pathfinder. Great game. I about died when I came across that rendition that artist made I posted higher up. Iā€™m considering buying the pdf just so I can play with the customization options she added.

ALSO. I was just looking at one of the Sethrak cards/characters that they added in Hearthstone awhile back. Not sure if it is a coincidence or not but one of them is from the set Shadows Rising. Just an interesting observation on my partā€¦ :thinking:

Sheā€™s a Sethrak hero for the game. Her name is Vessina. I could connect dots in a conspiracy theory manner and say, since she is a hero introduced in a set called Rise of Shadows, that weā€™ll get playable Sethrak in Shadowlands. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I definitely recommend picking it up! Iā€™ve bought a few of that artistā€™s bases and theyā€™re all fantastic, just need a program that can handle PSD files! In fact, after she did the elf one, I sent the artist an e-mail and suggested a snake race and she said she was thrilled by the idea, and lo and behold! I can definitely see Sethrak inspiration in the style too~

If thereā€™s an option, Iā€™d make a white Sethrak named Ginko, also after a snake I owned. I had to move very suddenly and couldnā€™t take him with me, so I had to give him away to another home. I miss that little ball python. He was completely white and had such a cute personality. Iā€™d probably make a Mage if possible, because the idea of a white snake shooting magic missiles just sounds fantastic to me!

And yeah, I saw that in Hearthstone! I was honestly tempted to pick up the game just to get that hero and collect whatever sethrak cards I could from the game xD

5 Likes

Woah they are in Shadowlands!? And in Maldraxxus? Well, my Alliance Main will be happy to see them there then! But seriously that would be a great way to introduce them and give them more lore!

6 Likes

Yep! In fact Emeni is one of the Soulbinds! She was a Sethrak noble in life.

Sheā€™s gonna be my druidā€™s soul best friend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mah druid. Going for a Druid of the Fang and Scythe look. Think sheā€™ll be perfect for Maldraxxus and Emeni as her Soulbind.

6 Likes

Pretty! I love those pants! Iā€™m looking her up right now, was originally going to go for the Plague Doctor but may need toā€¦ definitely need to do her instead

5 Likes

Very cool! Itā€™s wild that she changed so much from being a sethrak to being an abomination-type creature, but I suppose that reflects the type of soul she has, rather than what she was. Iā€™m really interested to see what other sorts of characters underwent transformations (or didnā€™t) and why.

8 Likes

Agreed, maybe they could have an entire Sethrak army like we see in BFAā€¦ or just abominations that were Sethrak! Either way I could see this as a good opportunity in making them into an Allied Race

7 Likes

Literally anything that gives them more lore is a good thing in my book. Iā€™d be a bit sad if they all were abominations in Shadowlands, but if it was like ā€˜These are the Faithless, and this is what happens to them due to their disconnection with their Loaā€™, then alright, I get that.

6 Likes