Recent Actions Against Exploitative Accounts – September 2023

To provide more transparency on the actions we take against cheating and exploitation, here is an accounting of the number of actions that were taken over the last month, September 2023:

Total Exploitative WoW Account Actions in September 2023: 136014

All of these actions were for cheating or exploitation, which primarily result in permanent bans or 6-month suspensions. This number does not include other actions such as those taken on accounts with character name or in-game language violations. We continue to evolve our methods and act against these malicious accounts on a daily basis.

15 Likes

On average, how many hours/days of profit do these bots get before they are banned?

7 Likes

That’s amazing but the economy on both Retail and Wrath Classic is still an abomination from bots farming a million a day so unless you’re removing gold from the economy (like you did with boosting communities) this is doing nothing.

7 Likes

That’s not enough…,. I would be ashamed to report such a low number… when all you have to do is stand outside dme to get that many bots

5 Likes

And you think they have time to just sit there all day to watch that? I rather them work on fixing bugs.

3 Likes

That’s great.

But end of the day bots still run rampant day to day, especially high level farming instance, which could all be wiped out without devastating the servers they are on by a single GM, even once a week eye balling the accounts.

1 Like

I went to a couple different asian markets and picked up 20 different kinds of instant noodles yesterday.

FRIED CRAB IN TYPHOON SHELTER STYLE FLAVOR

3 Likes

Going to check if the boys are still fly hacking strat. If they are the alliance will be mad because that was good honor.

:rofl:

But thank you for this!

if ur banning 130k bot accounts a month u have a serious problem and it will never be fixed

5 Likes

Aren’t there only like 350k active players in classic combined worldwide? How is it even possible that 1/3 of the active accounts are being banned/actioned every month?

7 Likes

I bet of the 136014 accounts that got banned, 9 of them are ERA accounts.

3 Likes

Absolute garbage. I killed 2500 bots today and about 20k this week. If u won’t ban era bots i will kill them non stop. For my horde players let me be. I’m killing them so much I’m getting 0 honor at this point

4 Likes

The amount of money those banned accounts represent is staggering.

In reponse to…

… I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask that more be done here. Because, from where I sit, it looks like the problem continues to get worse. Bot accounts are not only able to get a character to level 60, they’re also able to successfully avoid detection long enough to generate enough of a return that two million US dollars is an acceptable loss for this industry!!

The bottom line is that you either want botting in your game or you don’t. If you don’t the the following is insufficient…

• Blizzard’s response time for detecting exploiting accounts.
  • Blizzard’s actions against accounts that purchase, or have purchased, gold.

I am well aware that this is a player driven problem, but so far as we can tell, not enough action is being taken against those creating this demand.

2 Likes

If you’re in the area, Island Pacific Seafood Market in Oxnard is awesome.

Big focus on Filipino and still inclusive.
Yes this is as meaningful as the rest of this thread.

3 Likes

This old tired idea that someone is going to stand there and manually ban bots is honestly so short sighted.

It’s 2023. There’s anti-cheat AI out there that can detect bots in under a second from their first movement. ATVI is being acquired by one of the most dominant AI companies in tech. If AI anti-cheat isn’t implemented in Blizzard products after the merger, customers should be asking why.

3 Likes

Frist thanks.

Second, literally send yourself to Whitemane and stand by any of the following instance portals and you can swing the ban hammer for hours. This will easily crush the botting population.

1 All 4 Diremaul East Entrances
2. Dire Maul North Entrance
3. Zul Ferrak Entrance
4. Stratholm Entrance
5. ZG Entrance
6. Maradon Entrance

With a weeks worth of work from a single employee you can massively reduce the bot population.

You should consider some player X,Y,Z boundary detection so that any player outside of the normal parameters is flagged for review. I recommend a flag because this way stuff like feather fall and whatnot is not gonna proc an instant ban.

3 Likes

When are we going to see actions taken against the macromancers? The ones using macros that make precog useless and interrupt flawlessly without fail?

1 Like

Meanwhile people AFKing in AV now rocking Rank 14 I guess that’s ok

3 Likes

remove this as a actionable offence. stricter moderation is ruining the social aspect of not only wow, but all mmos.

4 Likes

It’s not even that strict when names like hitlerhc can run around on Roleplay servers that have specific rulesets. If you’re regularly triggering it, consider your input in the end result. See a lot of people on these forums who regularly lash out at random people then in other threads wonder why they get put in time out.

3 Likes