Raider IO - Remove it

IO scores are stupid.

1 Like

I agree, I don’t think the majority of people buy the keys, don’t get me wrong. I am just saying it’s an issue people are aware of. I wouldn’t say I run a “crap load” of keys but i’ve for sure seen more then a handful of players who we’ve completely carried through a key, or had to kick the player and reform. Not saying that said person bought their score, but there are some questionable players with raiderio scores that don’t accurately represent their skill.

Thank you for your well thought out and well constructed argument that will encourage future discussions, your input is truly valued to the wow community.

3 Likes

I agree those players are the ones that gives the system a bad name but there are always downfalls and the paid carries are one of raider IOs failings. But overall the system is solid and even encouraged by blizzard. They opened up their leaderboards so raider io can have access to more information.

Don’t get me wrong I use to enjoy finding dead realms to get on their leaderboards just to get points early in the expansion lol

Before any of those tools we had, don’t have x trait/talent, or aren’t x spec. Before we could check the armory, we had don’t do x damage. You aren’t making it into some ones raid. The only way to avoid these things is to make your own group.

Oh haha, I heckin’ love raider io. I don’t want it to go away. Rather then worrying about bad players, I’ve built up a friends list for M+, joined some discords, even a couple in game communities. A lot of quality players.

1 Like

Just to touch base for the OP. As you are “newly” returned to the game, I wouldn’t put so much pressure on yourself to pump your score up as fast as possible. Do your best to get into keys, but if you find a quality player, try and add their bnet for furture runs. Or as I said above, try to join a M+ discord or an in game Mythic plus community.

i run normal raid with our guild with no issue. 12/12 and working 7/12 Heroic now.

we also run keys daily.

I don’t think RaiderIO is the problem so much as weak guilds and weak members are.

1 Like

I show up in a as 470 and I still get declined from sub 10 keys lol

You won’t reach these guys, they are die hard M+ defenders.

This thread along with the many other raiderIO hate threads is exactly why systems like M+ suck.

M+, while having good intentions, has done nothing but caused a huge rift in the community.

Blizzard’s obsession with catering to players that exhaust dungeon content in a week and the same group that “needs something to do” during raid off nights has been nothing but disaster for the game.

Trying to cater to content locusts and hardcore players is futile, because A, trying to cater to them impacts the casuals that play the game and B, it never works out that well because these players usually get bored and leave anyway.

WoW was a much better game when it’s aim was the casual MMO player. Trying to cater players that need challenging play with systems like M+ just breeds toxicity and exclusion. Two things are antithesis to a good MMO.

But hey, what do I know?

You will never really get a real sense from these forums whether M+ is actually popular among the causal player base because the narrative is controlled by a few forum junkies that think M+ is the “best addition to the game in years” and this is the only system keeping the game a float.

By the way, Classic says hi! It’s still kicking with a still sizable player base that doesn’t have speed running dungeons as a feature.

The problem with item level only is that item level doesn’t really matter at this point, especially with corruption gear. It’s not all that uncommon for someone to run around with a 445 piece when they have a 470 in bags if the 445 has good corruption on it.

If you’re just looking at item level you’re literally looking at thirty plus people with an acceptable item level. Especially for the level of key you’re doing. Also, you’re immediately assuming it’s an io issue, but have you considered the fact that nobody wants a ret paladin when they’ve got twenty dps applicants and probably 15 of them are more desirable specs? That has nothing to do with io, that’s a class balance issue.

Honestly the hundreds of people each day that make these threads really make it clear that they don’t do M+ because it’s pretty common to pug a key with people with a relatively low io score and it’s an absolute disaster. Waste of time.

That’s not to say that everyone over a certain io threshold is a M+ god, but there’s literally no other way to measure it or compare it. Your dps might be good, but what about mechanics? If you don’t know trash mechanics you can get easily one shotted on a fortified week. Is it really someone else’s job to teach mechanics? Why should someone else take on that responsibility with their own key, just because “everyone deserves a chance”?

3 Likes

Put in the time and effort to learn how to tank, then push your own keys. As a tank, I literally pick and choose what runs I get into. Now that I have IO score, if I want to ret a key, it’s the same thing.

Other than that, you have no room to gripe. Everyone started where you are, and found a way to push their IO. If you don’t want to do it, that’s on you.

1 Like

Then you start making your own party / group.

The group most likely to buy a 15+ boost are high end mythic raiders that simply didn’t have time that week to do their 15.

The other group likely to buy a 15 in time isn’t looking to boost their IO, they are looking to purchase the achievement then move on.

2 Likes

This kind of thinking is why there’s so few tanks willing to pug.

Pretty much… the tank makes or breaks the group before all else. A terrible tank is a terrible experience.

I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

I will have to disagree here.
About 2 lines below where the score is written on the tool tip it days how many rums they have timed in that range. If someone has timed 12 dungeons and gas 2k maybe look at that as dodgy but if someone has 40 runs then they probably didn’t buy them all.

There’s always been some way to quickly judge characters whether it’s ilvl, gear score, or RaiderIO. The problem is not that these exist, they’ll always exist, it’s more how people use them. There is no non grind in modern wow, if you want to push keys (esp this late in the expansion) you need to do a lot of work maybe with a guild if you can.

Raiderio is nothing compared to warcraftlogs… wait til the raiders start talking about your parses… lol

1 Like

Here you go sir: