PSA: Flagging is NOT the replacement for downvotes!

yeah, no

that would mean you can finally get your vengeance for whatever reason

which rarely works out

learn to take your lumps

Yeah, but we know from experience that flagging the same post on multiple characters from the same account will get you sanctioned. So there’s at least that. Although still doesn’t fix the flagging abuse.

Wut.

I don’t want players to be able to do that. I’m saying that players can’t even respect the system we have now and be logical and fair.

So these aren’t people using one account to give many flags to whatever topic they decide they don’t like?

If they are, they’ll find out the hard way that it was a bad idea. But like I said, while they will get a vacation for it, that still doesn’t solve the abuse.

1 Like
  • Typing out a number of random words will get you sanctioned
  • Typing out /flirt phrases that are allowed in-game will get you sanctioned
  • Using emotes included in the software package of the forums will get you sanctioned
  • Inquiring about unspecified sanctions against you will get you sanctioned

I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point. If the counter to not abusing the flagging system is the fear of being sanctioned, yet that punishment is achievable in many mundane ways at any point in any post or thread, then it’s not so much a deterrent, as at best a nuisance.

2 Likes

Well, kind of rounds back to what I said previously. Do we know if it’s intended or not?

no player interaction whatsoever

face it peons trying to policing themselves never work out and never will

ANY form of control that they get they will abuse it

1 Like

If we like a post and flag it does the good and bad cancel out?

1 Like

That makes sense though. The emotes aren’t part of the software package. It’s a line of code to link to the same emoticon system that’s used by phones, mobile devices and computers.

As it is with words, it is with emotes: you can type certain words out, but you should know better than to use them. And you can select certain emotes, but you should know better than to use them.

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

They arent?

Nope! It’s the same base emoticon system that’s available on phones and mobile devices. It’s a universal emoji coding system. Just like your keyboard. :slightly_smiling_face:

But I have access to it on my PC? I’m incredibly confused.

I mean technically this post is against the rules if you’re not a forum mod or blue clarifying the rules and if you are then you’d posting this under as a blue instead of a Lvl 96 alt…

You do! But not through your keyboard. Windows and Linux have implemented it into coding, but it still takes a link to it or the individual software to use it in different ways.

Windows is a different system than iOS or Android, but they all have the coding to see and use the universal emoji system.

1 Like

Which rule does the OP itself break?

1 Like

Thanks. I have been getting on to Blizz about what has been going on with this too.

I’m not tech savvy enough to know these things, but thanks for clarifying.

Its not though. Discussing a specific disciplinary action is. Discussing them generally is ok.

1 Like

Already got three vacations for people disliking my posts :joy: but anyways no problem I will keep on making disliking posts

4 Likes