Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

Can we just get a person to posts Khaeryns theory of healing as an interrupt every time she replies to any topic? It should give people a rough idea of what her input here is worth.

Does no content, talks like she is world 20.

No but, was there really? Didnt asmon make it to the end solo on his warrior he snuck in before it was fully opened?

People seem to have this notion that the tower goes up forever and you can go as far as you can, but that’s not how it works.

It’s 5 levels of skeletons and a demon at the end.

If you come back for another run, it’s… 5 more levels of skeletons with a demon at the end.

And the run after that? It’s 5 more levels of skeletons with a demon at the end.

If you go to the Upper Reaches instead? It’s 5 more levels of skeletons with a demon at the end. Some of the skeletons are big.

I’ve never seen the appeal.

? lmao noone said that.

1 Like

because you don’t understand the system?

1 Like

Even better go to the Class forums in the in development section for SL

That hilarious is some content creators saw through what is was so quickly it gave me whiplash. The others will just take time, I honestly cannot wait for peoples disappointment to come through.

Thats just a lie lol. They said they liked the creativity that went into torghast and which some of that passion went into mythic + since that’s their favorite content.

no, i don’t mean they play the same. but i do mean they ARE forms of content that were not designed for raiders. just like warfronts, island expeditions, assaults, etc. so for you to blame raiding and dungeons for the lack of fun content to do, it just doesn’t make sense. it isn’t raiders and dungeoners fault that blizzard tried to create some new AI for Islands and Warfronts so players could play without the pressure of actually going against someone other than a computer. they worked on that for so long and it was a straight bust because of the demographic it had to be designed for

1 Like

I understand it just fine, I’ve done it several times. On a fresh run it’s harder at the start because you don’t have power boosts, so you have to farm skeletons to get them.

I don’t think that’s very fun to farm skeletons before doing the demon at the end.

Explain the aoe cap then. They are caring about high end balance they just ran out of ideas and thought to reintroduce an old idea that isn’t largely embraced by the playerbase anymore. I like rpg stuff. I think it would be cool to be a night fae, it just shouldn’t be tied to player power because I value my power more than my aesthetic. As would anyone doing above normal raids.

Ralph likes to bring up rpg elements heaps but supports the removal of master looter which is literally a feature of classic DND.

Discussing who gets what.

3 Likes

if they don’t care about high end balance, all the content will be short lived. everything will matter as much as a warfront

if it isn’t challenging, no one will care about it.

id rather not put hundreds of hours into my character only to shelve it after a week because there’s nothing to do.

3 Likes

The problem is, you have people like Khaeryn who don’t do any of the content but like to think that the only reason they aren’t doing it is because they don’t want to. If she wanted to she could get 12/12 TODAY.

The AoE cap makes very little sense. Players didn’t like it, and it’s not like it’s a RPG thing. Does my Mage’s Arcane Explosion magically know to only hit 5 enemies or something?

If they wanted to limit down how much people were grouping up and burning down lots of mobs, they probably should have balanced the mobs so that most tanks couldn’t handle pulling half the dungeon.

1 Like

? who says I blame it. I said good dungeon and raids is not enough to make a good mmo. I don’t care if you have it. But the outside content and solo content needs to be good also. It is not, and visions while good idea, it is done poorly because of balance issues. Either way, It was a failure on it all.

I don’t believe Arcane Explosion is capped.

You didnt understand by what I said about high end balance affecting design. Also the AoE cap exists to stop degenerate gameplay like Ion said.

What I meant is that in the past they pandared to tryhard wannabe elitist and cared about high end balance so they pushed for a more homogenized game, focused on mirroring and creating similar skills with similar purpose so high end balance is better.

They realized this is futile since in an rpg there will never be truly good balance, which is why covenants are so creative and different, abilities will vary a lot at high end in terms of performance but they dont care that is the case for the high end, their goal is to make a fun rpg with many unique and interesting abilities instead of playing it safe and making things similar.

1 Like

It’s the most hilariously hamfisted attempt to fix class balance I’ve ever seen.

This actually makes me chuckle, even if Ralph can’t see it.

To stop degenerate gameplay in a game mode designed around who can do things the fastest…? LOL

This is giving up with extra steps.

3 Likes

I don’t know, but you can insert any capped at 5 radius blast ability.

It’s not a RPG thing, because it makes no sense within the game world. Radius effects don’t tend to understand the difference between 5 and 6 things to hit.

True RPG would be making all AoEs have friendly fire =P