Possibly Solved TY BLIZZ! Guild finder not working and New realm can't accept invites

Only guilds available in the guild finder on the new Cenarius, Perenolde, Cairne merge are from Cenarius. We list our guilds and it shows 30 days till expiration but doesn’t show up on the tab when we search. Just Cenarius guilds , tried the linking to trade and Cenarius people could not accept those invites either. Along with logs and rosters wonky hoping for some kind of blue post response about upcoming fix of some sort.

17 Likes

The guild listing thing happened the first day with my guild as well. I am originally Perenolde. I had created a character on Cenarius to see if I could see my guild listing, but could not - only Cenarius guilds showed up for me, too. Logged back in on my toon that is guild leader for my guild on Perenolde, then I deactivated my recruitment listing, logged completely out of the game, logged back in, reactivated my recruitment listing and then it showed up when I subsequently logged in on my new Cenarius toon.

HOWEVER, even though I found the listing and then applied on my new Cenarius toon, the application does not show up when I am logged in as guild leader on my Perenolde toon.

This is detrimental to guilds, since if someone applies, I can’t see they’ve applied, and so the applicant may think my guild is ignoring them. Very frustrating.

7 Likes

Thank you for the complete exit of game while delisting our guild tip. I am now able to see our guild in the finder, but I don’t see your guild Sylaria ? I did some testing with a person from the cenarius realm and found that I could invite that toon to our guild with the invite specific toon to guild option. Still cant see the applicant or applicant history buttons ( greyed out ) for the guild finder. They tried the guild finder and couldn’t get it to work. Also once they entered our guild they had to log off an back on to even be able to type in our guild chat but logging off seemed to work. Was able to promote / demote change notes etc. for the cenarius toon, so that’s a plus.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I’ve lost an entire guild tab, including the money it cost to buy it and the items inside. I can find the guild on my alts but can’t see any applicants when I change to the leader.
I tried buying the tab again but it won’t let me put anything in it.
I’ve sent in a ticket with still no reply. I still haven’t seen anything for a hotfix, either.

Interesting that you don’t see my guild. I definitely saw it when I was logged in on my brand new void elf toon on Cenarius. I hadn’t checked for a few days, though. I just checked now, and it’s gone again. Grrr. This is starting to really irritate me.

I am having this exact same issue. Seems that I cannot (as guild leader) the listing I know I just asked to list. I exited the game. I shut down my PC completely- re-logged in. Nothing worked. I am on Cairne server and this has been happening since the merge happened. I do hope we get a fix or even a response to this soon. It’s pretty frustrating.

To Lark : Sylaria’s method worked for me even though it doesn’t matter since we cant accept applications. 1st Delist guild, 2nd completely exit game and blizzard app, 3rd log in to Blizzard app then start the game, 4th relist guild . Now check the finder, it should be there. I was happy to see a Perenolde guild back in the listings. Hope this works and that they do get the accept applications fixed soon. Havent checked to see if Sylaria’s guild was there, I will check back later after logging in today.

2 Likes

:call_me_hand: :clap: :raised_hands:

Just logged in 8/9/20 (Sun )1 pm central. Our guild was missing for the first time in 3 days , I have been keeping an eye on it. Delisted, logged completely out and relisted and its back in there for the moment. I looked for Solstice and Always lost guilds and I didn’t see either of your guilds listed. Makes me think… Can you guys see our guild listed (Psychotic Bank of Death) ???

Hey, Psychoslayer. I just looked on my guildless toon over on Cenarius realm and I cannot see your guild in the guild finder. This is really aggravating. And to not have Blizzard speak to the issue seems to be one more bit of evidence that they have no real commitment to guilds. :frowning:

OK. Thank you for checking. Maybe it has something to do with Shadowlands new guild stuff. I had read somewhere that they have or are changing some guild stuff. So maybe that is the culprit and they are going to wait until pre patch. Either way frustrating. Gonna change up my recruiting strategy till its fixed. Good luck to you, thinking I am done posting here. It was a first for me posting in forums and hopefully last. Cya round.

1 Like

Having this same issue on TwistingNether/Ravenholdt after being merged with Lightninghoof/Maelstrom/Venture Co. Today my guild is unlisted again, for the third time since we were merged a week ago. Applicants still not going through. Are there any updates on this problem?

3 Likes

It seems like they have yet to acknowledge it at all. I check mine every few days and it’s frequently unlisted. I had someone send me a whisper in game that they’d applied in the guild finder. I thanked them for messaging me because the guild finder is broken. I am considering whether it wouldn’t be better for me to just take my recruitment listing down so it doesn’t look like I’m not responding to applications.

2 Likes

Yeah, I updated my listing to have in big caps warning people that it’s broken and to message me or mail me because I don’t know what else to do. It really sucks because we have this whole new pool of potential recruits and our ability to recruit them is broken. I wish Blizzard would at least say that they’re aware of the problem.

2 Likes

, And maybe this is the reason. They are not done smashing us together yet. Welcome Korgath realm LOL. Wonder if we will end up with 10 realms all smashed together? Who knows. So far here : Cairne / Cenarius / Perenolde / Korgath. When they are done maybe they will attempt to fix guild stuff.

List of the issues I have run into

I had to relist (uncheck “List my guild”, exit out of the guild interface, then go in and check it again) in order for it to appear in Guild Finder searches, but the other issues are still unresolved (guild applications not appearing, application history also greyed out/empty). It is possible to do a direct /ginvite (character name), but this reduces their guild reputation by a full level, whereas the Guild application process leaves the reputation intact. It also means you can’t invite your other characters from the same account into your guild, though that can be solved with the help of other players.

I’ve done the unlist, log out, log in, relist thing about 5 times. It always disappears again eventually (I have an unguilded character I created for this purpose over on Cenarius - my original realm was Perenolde).

A little progress 3 weeks later I guess. That toon I created on Cenarius can now at least see the guild finder add and apply now. But still not working on our side Perenolde-Cairne. to accept the request They might be making a little progress ???

Yeah I relisted again this morning yet again. Still no luck with seeing applications, which is kind of the important part.

Part of me seriously considered realm transferring my guild for thirty odd bucks this morning to one of the working servers I’m merged with just to see if that would fix it.