Please revert elite set completion to 1.8k

I’m pretty sure MOP elite sets were a simple recolor.

For somebody who didn’t want to get “personal” that sure was a snide remark regarding the burrito comment.

Is that not the definition of “throwing gasoline into the fire” aka instigating?

I don’t see any factual criticism within that post.

No, they were unique sets.

WoD had it’s own sets in S1 then were recolors until BfA switched it up and there were no class sets.

SL elites are recolors.

2 Likes

If that’s your logic, then you’re missing the points that the elite sets were higher before, and that tier sets are coming soon probably so the increased gate would make even more sense and reflect the value better

1 Like

It was important to give you an equal scenario to provide clarity on why your conduct was uncalled for. Same with the ‘move everything to R1’ statement. I’m perfectly aware that’s ridiculous, but extreme overreaction and exaggeration are useful tools.

The ‘not personal’ comment was meant to inform you that outside of this topic I have no issue with you, so that we don’t have to hiss and spit at each other in the future once this conversation is concluded. (Which I’m about to go to bed, so barring waking up to a bunch of wise replies, will just about wrap it up for me)

so just bfa and shadowlands?

People will always be that way. The people advocating for it too change didn’t care about it being 1800 a week or 2 ago.

It’s a useless change and will more than likely hurt participation and help boosters.

3 Likes

Shadowlands. I started doing RBGs last season to gear for raiding/M+ and decided I liked PVP more than PVE and quit my raiding guild the same week. Heh

This is my theory on why they made this change.

It’s all about those token sales…

3 Likes

It was a mistake to lower it to 1800 in the first place but with armor type sets i can see why.
With 9.2 coming soon along with class sets it should be 2k again.
People that are upset with this change are worried they might not be able to get it next season. Stop pretending you care about participation and the health of pvp.
If you’re able to get 1800 now, i promise you, you have the ability to get 2k. Just keep playing and trying to get better. Crying for blizzard to lower the requirement doesn’t make you a better player.

5 Likes

I agree, but personally i’d have rather they make the rating change at the start of S3 instead of midway through S2

This is just a weird way to tell the 1600-1700 people who might have tried to get 1800 by end of season to just give up

7 Likes

Horrible timing for sure.

2 Likes

No one is crying to lower it. People are just saying it’s a useless change and it is. Plain and simple. Not needed. There’s other things that need attention. Not something that NO ONE said anything about in the last few years till now.

1 Like

SL season 1 also had amazing participation metrics.

Obviously the cosmetics don’t drive the participation numbers.

That’s actually where you’re mistaken. I would very much like for there to be a healthy ladder. You see, while you’re a nuclear dam God, I’m someone whose playing at the maximum of their current ability to hit 2100.

More players active means less games against people who are vastly better than I am at MMRs where I should be facing relatively equal opponents. So while it’s selfishly motivated, it’s not in the way you think it is. Lol

1 Like

People want it to stay where it’s at…I know what kind of player I am and I know I could hit the rating if I put in enough effort.

The point is that it shouldn’t take that amount of effort to get those sets. Why do you even care? You’ll get them regardless of the rating requirements…

this is a good change imo

i personally wish they’d keep making these generic boring shared armor type elite sets for 1950 then add class specific elite sets at 2200
but they’d have to care about the game to do something like that

2 Likes

Isn’t he the person who legit made a thread supporting elitism and saying it laughs at lower rated players while afk on a gladiator mount?

Not sure if I’m remembering correct. If so, then it appears they only want the cosmetics for themselves.

Edit:

Yep, here it is

1 Like

Y’all not even addressing that rewards start at 1k and incentives happening at every 200 rating is pretty disingenuous if we care so much about the new player experience

You’ve been playing for 1 season and got duelist in 1 ssn because of determination and grit.

That’s something to be proud of and an example for people rolling onto their backs over a helm and boot mog

Folk just disregarding rewards at 1k rating because its “free” but also caring about the new player experience is paradoxical

1 Like

I feel u

Would be good if they had like 3 different sets per ssn but that’s more than just wishful thinking

6 Likes

Everyone here is. Including you. You want it to stay 1800 when its being changed to 1950.

Didnt we play together? I remember playing with a Doors on stream before.

Because when I pushed my first 2k I only did it for the elite set. Would I have cared about it so much if it was only 1800 allowing more people to have it? Probably not.
Back in Wod and Legion my main motivation in the game were the elite sets and enchant.
Blizzard keeps lowering all these rewards which should be given to people who put in the time and effort to earn them.

2 Likes