Please revert elite set completion to 1.8k

Tell that to the $35,000 NFT GiF of a dancing bunny my roommate just sold.

Tldr;

This thread is ā€œelitistsā€ vs ā€œentitledā€ players.

Personally, Iā€™m siding with the ā€œelitistsā€ in the sense that I donā€™t see the problem with working hard and I question why people want to set the bar low instead of earning something prestigious.

Classic ā€œl2pā€ and get better, stop asking to be handed everything.

Blizzard needs to fix the ilevel gear gaps, but I think the new rating requirement for elite set is fine, in fact itā€™s 50 rating less than it was pre-BfA.

4 Likes

If Blizzard would do a season pass and give the elite set, glad mount, etc. to people who bought it, then the players would technically be ā€œearningā€ it through hard work outside the game.

We want the Season Pass already Blizzard!!

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

you have some of the best ideas ever. why dont you apply to work for blizzard as a wow game designer?

Eh. No it wonā€™t.

Honestly man everyone nowadays wants handouts and participation awards and while iā€™ve always kind of just turned a blind eye to it iā€™m kind of getting sick of it.

Nothing in life is worth anything if you donā€™t have to work for it in some capacity. Theres a reason gladiator mounts felt good back in the day, and itā€™s because of the adversity over an extended period of time that you had to deal with.

Adversity is a good thing. If a new player really wanted to get the elite set, they absolutely could in under a month if they studied the game and Qā€™d every day. 100%. The barrier to entry is not as high as people pretend and there is endless amounts of information on streams nowadays that player ability to increase their skill is higher than ever before.

If you canā€™t get 1950 with the amount of info available itā€™s because you just doā€™nt want it badly enough.

Jesus christ you dorks went ham on this topic

Agree to disagree this change is good but bad timing, shouldā€™ve increased to 1950 when tier sets are coming back to leave these welfare sets 1800 for now to mirror their value and promote more participation since the game is dying

Well of course youā€™re siding with the ā€œelitistā€, youā€™re one of them. The problem is that youā€™re the vast minority of the arena community/ladder and weā€™re trying to get more people doing arenaā€¦not less. Also, I donā€™t think anyone is asking to be handed anything, just to not change something that was fine as is. The fact isā€¦this change effects absolutely no one commenting in this thread (including myself). Might see a different story if it was filled with 1800 and under players.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say I was an ā€œelitistā€, how am I an elitist, care to explain?

All Iā€™m saying was that myself and others had to earn the sets/mounts we have, we didnā€™t have it handed out to us.

Why should Blizzard make things easier just because people donā€™t want to put in the effort get good enough to earn it.

Catering to people like that is why WoW is the way it is today.

2 Likes

That and $6 will buy you a burrito.

Youā€™re high cr/exp. Automatically an elitist because logic lol

3 Likes

game is alrdy dead. wdymā€¦

I donā€™t get the point of belitting something you care enough about to cry in a thread about but w/e.

Regardless if itā€™s pixels or not, effort was put in and people need to suck it up and stop asking for things to be easier.

2 Likes

You still have to earn them. Where was everyone crying out when they changed the elite set from 2k to 1800 in Shadowlands. Nobody seemed to be bothered then.

Anyways, agree to disagree, MoP and WoD handed people everything other than titlesā€¦was a very healthy time for arena.

1 Like

Thatā€™s cuz the change was done in bfa so no one cared when it was the same lmao

I like how dude is ignoring you get rewards at 1k rating

but a helm and boot xmog at 1950 is elitist

?? Ok I guess point proven?

1 Like

I was basically just mocking you for having an ego when you speak to people.

Iā€™ve played this game since BC, thereā€™s been things Iā€™ve liked and havenā€™t liked. Whether I play or not isnā€™t going to entirely depend on a cosmetic reward. I would actually prefer they remove every reward unless you hit R1 just to see jaws drop and people have to sit in silence to avoid being hypocrites on the topic, if weā€™re being honest.

Iā€™m aware of what you were doing. I wasnā€™t ā€œhaving an egoā€ itā€™s the truth, people worked hard to achieve their goals in the game.

Why should you goals be easier just because you donā€™t want to work for it?

Cosmetic rewards are nice to have, people like having that carrot to chase.

If the carrot is easily grabbed however, all youā€™re gunna do is make the carrot less appealing.

2 Likes

Useless and not needed change. Plain and simple. Keep it whereā€™s itā€™s at and add something else at 2k,2.2 and so on

5 Likes

They wouldnā€™t be easier is what people arenā€™t getting. For the entirety of the time Iā€™ve played rated PVP the elite set was an 1800 achievement. Iā€™m not even asking for it to be reverted as an ultimatum, Iā€™m just expressing distaste for having to do extra stuff for the same item Iā€™m used to getting at A instead of B.

Meanwhile people are swinging by to throw gasoline on the fire and Iā€™m obviously not going to refrain from giving it back because Iā€™m built that way. Itā€™s nothing personal.