Please revert elite set completion to 1.8k

Latest PTR patch has changed requirement for complete elite PvP seasonal set from 1800 to 1950.

This is a really bad change imo.

1800 is still a pretty significant rating for alot of people and this change will further discourage people from trying to do rated PvP.

Ilvl increase at 1950 is a good change since the 1.8k to 2.1k gap was overly large and created a disincentive to push past 1.8k and an overly large honor grind at 2.1k. But tying the completion of the seasonal set to 1950 rather than 1.8k will discourage alot of people from doing rated who may see anything beyond 1.8k as out of reach and who’s main motivation for doing rated is the seasonal set.

PvP as is is already harder than PvE. Getting 1.8k rating is already harder than completing an M+15 and you get worse gear (i.e., same pvp level, worse pve level). Now you can’t even complete your PvP set at that rating.

This will hurt PvP participation by further discouraging new/casual players from attempting rated PvP.

Please revert. We don’t need any more disincentives for people to do rated PvP.

51 Likes

Elite set should be 2k
Titles should be % again

52 Likes

Yeah, I agree. Main reason I played multiple different classes this season was due to 1800 being a challenging, but reasonable goal for me to hit. A lot of people just aim for 1800 to get a cool xmog and so they don’t get ran over in random BGs. They start augmenting that milestone, you’re going to see even less participation, IMO.

14 Likes

Agreed they should leave it alone.

10 Likes

1950 for shoes lol

Yeah. You can live w/o helm but shoes is kind of baseline if you want to use the set…

IMO, if anything should be left to 1950 it should ONLY be helm.

But really, I strongly believe set completion is best left at 1.8k.

Its a more appropriate goal post for newer/more casual players and for alts.

3 Likes

Why is everyone wearing one shoulder? Did you all coordinate this?

2 Likes

I think its an armory bug. I’ve got both shoulders showing in-game.

1 Like

Nope, 1950 is a good change for this, all the people complaining now didn’t do arenas before bfa and it reeks

Now I hope blizz keeps this change and doesn’t revert cuz everyone is crying when elite sets were always meant to be prestigious and iconic in their own way, not these welfare af armor type wide 1800 sets that arent special at all

14 Likes

No, you’re just wrong but that’s okay. We forgive you

And? ‘You weren’t at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina to witness the Wright brother’s initial flight. You don’t get to have an opinion on aviation!’

Weird flex. Lol

9 Likes

Nice mog. It’s 1 of my favorite priest sets

4 Likes

Thanks bro, saw it browsing mogs the other night, had to have it. Haha

1 Like

All priest mogs from legion slap hard. Don’t even like playing the class and I wish I played it in pvp then and had the mythic sets.

3 Likes

Depends on what purpose you think the elite sets serve. PvE sets can always be obtained later but PvP sets are seasonally locked and lost if not obtained in-season.

The sets serve as a nice carrot to get people into rated PvP. IMO we don’t need alot of the best art in the game locked behind really hard time limited achieves that discourage participation just so a minority of people can flex. People can already see your achieves and PvP rating anyway. We need incentives to draw people into rated PvP to boost participation.

If anything, I’d like to see prior season elite sets be available in future seasons the way you can earn past season vicious saddle mounts. Let’s get more people into rated PvP and make art and mogs more widely available not make the bar for rated PvP achieves even higher.

3 Likes

Except that’s a historical moment that means something, video game pixels don’t. My point is complaining about this is really dumb when this isn’t new at all and used to a lot more restrictive, it’s gotten casualized enough as it is and 1950 is still nothing crazy.

Used to be 2.2k and you had to save conq to buy the pieces one by one while maintaining that rating, unlocking it instantly or painlessly since legion was a good change for the casual playerbase

Also this change might be in tandem with 9.2 potentially bringing back tier sets like mentioned before so this is generally pretty nice

2 Likes

I’ve done arena since TBC and think this is bad change. This hurts participation. As others have mentioned, I’ve routinely got 2-3 chars their elite set, but not going to bother with this change.

We need more players, not less. This doesn’t attract more players.

8 Likes

Idk how to double quote you and zezu but yeah you’re both right, from the perspective of enticing new players this is bad and prob should be the goal for now, can’t argue with either of you there

Fairly obvious they are doing this to help smooth out the population distribution for their reporting (or people when they gather api/reflex data). Can’t have those obvious odd peaks on the histogram like exist now.

1800 is too low for such a prestigious reward as an elite set.
Go back to 2k.
I dont think i wouldve pushed my first 2k back in wod when i was 14 if the set was 1800. Wouldve seen more people with it and thought it wasnt as cool.

12 Likes