Please rethink the soar nerf

Said the same one to slight others for the same thing earlier:

And called another crazy:

And effectively called someone an idiot:

A step above in terms of crassness on my behalf I will admit to, but of intent? Sorry, but I’m no liar.

u2boo.

Edit: Thanks for the gold kind stranger.

3 Likes

Lmfao. Do you even play wow? And if you do play wow, do you even pay attention to Dragonflight alpha? DO you even know what dragonflight is? Literally everyone has a superior version of Soar, and neither their dragons, or a derpthyr’s “Soar” has absolutely any bearing whatsoever for your random dungeon statistics, or even for overworld content. Unless ofc you’re talking about literally 80% of players having some strange insatiable need to get somewhere in old content as a level 61+ dragon, which would be in a level range in which a need for that is questionably odd behavior and is a tier of levels that literally ANY class would be able to absolutely murder pretty much anything except SL bosses? Lmfao. Not quite sure if you’re joking or not but that was some hilarious comic relief you provided there. Thanks.

3 Likes

I would have bet money that there was no shot he’d respond and prove your point. This is why I don’t gamble anymore. :slightly_frowning_face:

Haha I think I saw an interview from (I think) one of the developers of Wolcen or something and he just admitted that he doesn’t play their game.

I might be getting the game wrong. But it blew my mind.

2 Likes

Nah it should be nerfed again, saving IRL time just by being a different race is toxic and actually insulting to players.

Its fast enough

Yeah oh wow 6 seconds is so OP.

1 Like

You must need practice at the momentum mechanics. I move around tremendously faster on the Alpha with it.

All the more reason not to nerf it.

1 Like

Not even close to correct, it’s like 30 seconds off every 1.5 minutes of flight time, adds up pretty quickly.

Igoring there’s a 5 min cooldown, my friend?

1 Like

Do you travel for 100% of your playtime? In my experience the cooldown is always up by the time I’m done with a quest or whatever I’m doing.

1 Like

I use my mounts around 90% of the time, yes. Even when I’m questing.

You can ask alpha testers how dull it is to wait for the CD to wear off during the introductory quests of the Dracthyr. Cause the game actually requires you to use it for those quests.

1 Like

Yeah in my experience on the Alpha you can be waiting for it during the introductory quests. Luckily those are very fast and you’re done. I know when I’m out saying doing the dailies or killing rares in Zerith Mortis the 5 minute cooldown would be perfect and I’d be zooming from boss to boss. It’s going to be insane if and when they make another zone like that.

I’m glad the alpha testers are still covering this:

2 Likes

There’s no reason at all to maintain a cooldown of 5 minutes for a nerfed ability.

Worgen don’t have to wait 5 minutes to use their Running Wild ability.

Druids don’t have to wait 5 minutes to use their instant cast Flying form ability.

Mages don’t have to wait 5 minutes to use their teleport/portal spells.

2 Likes

Yeah I found these videos incredibly insightful and they matched my experience. Still tremendously fast and ridiculously faster than regular flying mounts. I’m glad they posted those.

1. If it was introduced at 640% speed this would be a different conversation.

2-4. Worgen ability isn’t faster than ground mounds, instant cast druid flight saves 1.5 seconds not minutes, portals don’t take you where ever you want. Anytime I need a portal I can just hearth anyway. I’m not portaling from quest to quest.

Apples and oranges.

Holy cow it’s 3:00 AM. G’night folks!

2 Likes

It provided a significant time boost when the Maw was mount-less.

Considering they can gather materials without dismounting, it actually saves quite a lot of time compared to other classes.

They take you to the most important places and hubs there are in WoW. Soar doesn’t. And you even have to find a high enough place where to use it, otherwise Soar is useless, regardless of speed.

And don’t get me started with Humans’ reputation buff racial. That racial saves WEEKS of farming rep compared to other races.

2 Likes

Not faster than normal mounts.

This is only saving you 1.5 seconds.

Plenty of ways to portal around the world.

I’ll cover this quickly because I saw it before shutting PC down.

Very short time thing that likely won’t ever happen again. But to actually build on that point, if this was a permanent thing it would need nerfed just the same.

Herbing isn’t the same as all travel for everything + There’s a cheap mount you can get that does the same thing anyway.

Hearthstones do the same thing. Everyone has them. In my experience on the Alpha it’s very easy to get high enough ground to make soar worth it + outside of dragon isles and when they make flying mounts available in dragon isles it’s easy to get on a tree or a small hill in 3 seconds with your mount and soar off of it. But again in my experience you don’t even need to do that. Very easy to get high enough ground to pick up enough speed.

Ok. I’m off to bed.