Please remove the 58 boost from TBC Classic

I don’t agree with this statement at all. Yes people put work into Classic, but that was of there choice in mass to do so which turned out to be a great experience. Now the situation is that the work people have put in goes beyond just the point they leveled. There is a lot that new players will have to do to get into an equally comfortable position playing. And on top of that, there is no way they are going to get that experience we had leveling at the beginning of the game. That is forever gone.

So I don’t see this being a valid reason to push the agenda on others in the name of self gratification.

1 Like

There is going to be thousands of 12 year olds boosting warlocks/hunters and polluting the dungeon/raid scene while the rest of us spent 8+ days leveling to 60 lol. The hell is this blizzard? Are you actually that insane?

5 Likes

Cry more. My friend is only gonna join me in bc because of the boost. Too bad

1 Like

I have to disagree, boosts killed leveling so thank the boosters. I cant find people to do dungeons with for literally days between because everyone just wants to do it the lazy way, and we know most of them are buying gold, plenty will straight up admit it. WE killed the classic vibes by not playing like it was 2004/2005. We knew the best ways to do everything and took the shortcuts, now the leveling experience is completely ruined. Its 1 character per server, this isnt going to ruin things and its absurd to think we can still have “no changes”

7 Likes

Boosts killed leveling by… leveling people? Therefore pay Blizzard $$ for instant 58?

Nonsense. People got powerleveled in vanilla all the time. People min/maxed. There was theorycrafting.

Just because we knew a lot more going into Classic doesn’t mean it was really played all that differently, as far as “vibes” go.

1 Like

some people did this stuff, now anyone with 2 or 3 hours a day (which was barely above casual when the game was new) can level an AoE mage, sell boosts or just grind lots of items, maybe have a bunch of bots helping before that was finally fixed, and use the gold to boost other characters up without experiencing the game. Yes people power leveled, but we still had lots of leveling happening the proper way and if you think 15 years of experience with a decade of private server knowledge made no difference then you aren’t being reasonable.

1 Like

I mean who cares about the free boost at this point? Hell im a purist but its time to stop deluding yourself that this is anything other than a well run pserver. Seal of blood for ally paladins now too. Maybe it should have been part of the game back in 2007 but it wasnt. Enjoy your layered TBC outland server, with seal of blood on ally and boosts to 58.

And that was possible back in vanilla.

What’s your point exactly? It was less common, therefore boosts are okay now?

Flogs who can’t accept change and the brain capacity of a flea that complain the world is ending as soon as they disagree with something.

disgust me

2 Likes

yes they are /thread

3 Likes

people are boosting right now. They buy $100 of wow gold from sellers and pump it into the in game boost economy. People OPENLY talk about doing this and they dont get banned so its not like its being dealt with. Why is boosting in game ok when its dirty gold going to someone taking lazy players to 60 but the money going to blizzard instead of a reseller for a 1 time boost is so bad? Both are the lazy path but 1 is breaking the EULA, or at least it should be if it isnt for some reason.

2 Likes

I didn’t care too much for vanilla, but I really liked BC. I know I’m not alone in feeling that way. There is no way I’m going to level up from 1-60 having to endure janky classic slow as molasses leveling, only to ignore all of the content when the BC portal opens.

It doesn’t make sense from a player standpoint or as a business model. Why would they go through all this trouble to recreate BC to not let people play it on day one?

2 Likes

If that’s the case they should remove every single character that has been boosted through dungeons and bot-bought gold.

Nope, stop right there. That’s called cheating, and we should be taking efforts to diminish it.

You clearly discuss this as if it’s a bad thing, so why do you want to legitimize it?

Not the same thing, at all.

1 Like

Lmao, you’re delusional.

3 Likes

Compelling argument.

Paying someone to boost you over hundreds of hours using gold earned in-game is obviously different than paying $60 to instantly boost your character to 58, be given a full set of level appropriate gear, a mount, and full training.

2 Likes

I’m torn on this one.

On one hand it’s once per account and it can’t be used on Draenai or Blood Elves on the other hand it’s a boost which really makes you have no connection to your character and with the class changes coming in TBC I think it’s best for people to actually level.

I’d prefer if it didn’t exist. Honestly I’d prefer fresh servers.

Hahahahahaa thank you for proving my point. Delusional.

1 Like

I will use it coz i have a horde alt lowbie i cant get to 60 in classic but id like to play him in tbc a bit along with my classic pally main.

You say this, and botters have numerous accounts running at once, not numerous characters per account.

This 58 boost only HELPS the gold bots.

6 Likes