Please remove the 58 boost from TBC Classic

TBC never had level boosts back in the day. Also the levelling is supposedly 33% faster than in Vanilla from 1-60. It is silly to add a boost in the first place, but you can’t even use it for Draenei/Blood Elf, why not have them level up fresh with more people which would also encourage them to make new characters ? Instead those other people will buy boosts. Also this will encourage bots and multiboxers to buy even more accounts and buy a boost on each account. This is a very poor choice by Blizzard and I hope if enough people speak up then they will revert this decision.

263 Likes

I second this statement! REMOVE YOUR DISGUSTING BOOSTS FROM CLASSIC WOW!

143 Likes

Hey ho, hey ho. The boosts, they have to go! Hey ho, hey ho!

81 Likes

If the only reason is to stop a bot farmer from buying a boost, then I disagree.

Bot farmers will find a way to make gold anyhow and they doubtless already have heaps of level 60s just waiting to head into TBC. To take away something that will provide real players with a fun way to experience TBC to put some sort of control on a farmer buying a bot is overkill.

7 Likes

They not gonna get rid of it. They care about money too much. That character clone copy and the 58 boosts are a genius idea

7 Likes

The people who use these boosts are probably the same people who pay mages tons of gold to AoE massive packs of mobs so they can level extremely fast while they AFK. I don’t think this will have much of an impact on people searching for groups to clear dungeons normally, especially since this is just a once-per-account thing.

4 Likes

Meh no difference between a mage boosting and this.

34 Likes

No, I just listed multiple reasons and I am sure there are more.

5 Likes

it’s only 1 boost per account. it’s not the end of the world, they will put it in whether you like or it not.

litreally no different to me boosting my alts from a mage that i have to pay gold to

19 Likes

They said one boost per account. Not paid boost. The idea being that if there are people that want to get involved with there friends, but not feel so far behind. The single boost helps with that. So I welcome it so long as it doesn’t become a staple feature for multiple use.

1 Like

The other reasons I didn’t see as important, sorry. I am not interested in playing Classic but I am interested in playing TBC. I don’t want to play Classic, I don’t want to level 1-58 there, in a game world likely to be almost deserted. Because if they didn’t have boosts its extremely unlikely I’d be playing either. And I suspect that goes for a lot of other people.

There is no sin in wanting just to play TBC. It smells of elitism to suggest otherwise.

16 Likes

Leveling is dead now anyways - look at your general / trade chat. You could probably see a 5:1 ratio of boost posts vs people actually using the channel.

Mage boosts vs 1x 58 paid boost.

4 Likes

No, this is an incentive for those who didn’t play Classic and want to play TBC Classic. It’s a bonus for those of you that mained Warriors, Rogues, and Mages and need to find a new calling, or anyone else that wants to reroll an alt for TBC Classic.

A 1 to 70 grind would detract a large amount of potential customers. Removing it would be a mistake for the overall health of the game.

10 Likes

Yes the solution to Mage boosting (which exists because no aoe cap)
Is to sell already leveled toons.

5 Likes

People would just find some other way speed level without really playing the game. Just like how they figured out how to clear end-game raids in less than an hour by getting world buffs and then logging off until it’s time to raid.

It’s pretty clear most people left playing classic WoW don’t actually want to play it and the only thing they get out of it is a sense of nostalgia.

2 Likes

Shills are working overtime defending boosts tonight lol.

26 Likes

Except one uses the in-game currency and requires player interaction, as well as time (even if the time is drastically lower than leveling). Versus using real life money, no player interaction, and having it be instant. Unless of course you are admitting to buying gold, in which case they would be more similar.

10 Likes

Yeah if by player interaction you mean saying “ok I’ll buy” then afking at the entrance of a dungeon.

Tons of interaction there

5 Likes

More than pushing a button on the store. And I like how you ignored my other points.

10 Likes

It is not boosts as in plural. It is a singular boost per account. Go back and re-read it.

The sky is not falling.
Stop the doom and gloom.
It is not a big deal.

Why aren’t you up in arms over draenai and blood elf being playable for prepatch when that wasn’t the case originally? Right. It doesn’t fit your idea of the game.
Stop being hypocrites.

I, for one, will be boosting either a rogue or priest for pvp. I welcome the boost.

2 Likes