Please Disable Twinking or allow people to queue for NON-twink bg's

Pretty straight forward. I have twinked back in Vanilla, but only in response to the fact that I HAD to in order to enjoy pvp’ing in lower brackets (outside of the initial vanilla launch period, before they even introduced the 10-19 bracket). Personally I have never had more fun in pvp than when I could enjoy leveling in battlegrounds as an alternative to grinding/questing, and while there were classes that had obvious strengths/weaknesses in certain brackets, back before twinking it primarily came down to luck in terms of obtaining gear, but was also mostly sheer skill based.

There will be many people who disagree. Twinking was acknowledged to be a problem/issue in the eyes of Blizzard back during the Vanilla days and was not something they wanted, but by time it became an issue they couldn’t really do much about it without pissing people off who had already invested extensive time/gold into beefing up said characters.

Twinking absolutely ruins the experience of the game, especially for people leveling, and if you think that pvp was never meant for people leveling then they never would have introduced experience gain via mark turn-ins. Thus I propose either the option to queue for twinked or non-twinked bg’s (unrealistic) or simply have a mechanic in place that checks things such as enchantments and what would, under normal circumstances, be available to someone of that level and thus placing them against other people in kind.

I imagine most people who have twinked, or thoroughly enjoy it will disagree with my entire statement/proposition and that’s fine. It ruins the experience for other players. Newer players (or even old players starting late) have little to no way of gaining access to the perks that someone who has already hit 60 will have.

If your mentality is simply that “I put in the time and I should be able to do what I want” then once again that is fine, but the players whom I have referenced above should not have to grind to 60 just so they can then make another character to deck out as once again I am quite sure these things were never intended. PVP from 1-59 should NOT be only for twinks and as such you should not get the sole right to dominate it just cause you abused the enchantments that only high level characters (which should have originally had level requirements to begin with) have access to.

Last but not least, I’d like to call out anyone who has twinked, and state that if you were ever even good at PVP period or if you have a competitive spirit, you should have a desire to face people on fair terms and should at the very least advocate for something similar to what I am asking. If you enjoy killing people in 2-3 hits because they have sub-1k hp and you have 2k plus, as well as the best possible raid level enchants in the game makes you a bully and implies to me that you can’t win without having said perks.

Coward tactics.

23 Likes

Half the reason some people twinked was in order to destroy anyone who wasn’t twinking.

101 Likes

Almost as cowardly as coming to a classic wow forum and asking to change the game so that it is no longer classic wow. It completely defeats the point.

Have fun verse the lvl 60 twinks in full nax gear 1-2 shotting you :P:P

100 Likes

Again, my point still stands.

@Discodeeps

How is that in any way cowardly? As I stated, twinking was never intended to be a thing to begin with. I am asking for a solution so that there may be the opportunity for people to enjoy pvp how it was meant to be enjoyed and still keep twinking in-tact for those who enjoy it.

Also Naxx won’t be available from launch either so your point once again is irrelevant. At least at the top tier people have the ability to compete and obtain the same gear while people who have already hit 60 versus people who are still leveling do not.

You are only reinforcing my points.

2 Likes

Okay…

Now follow me on this… If people twinking bothers you while you are leveling up. Just don’t do BGs while leveling up.

Crazy right?

84 Likes

So you think that’s the solution? No offense but your mentality and logic are incredibly flawed. People twinking generally bothers everyone that doesn’t twink and you can see the same effect to this day on private servers.

I once again want to re-iterate that twinking was never an intended outcome during vanilla.

6 Likes

Disable T3 gear in lvl 60 BGs or allow me to queue for “noobs that just dinged 60 only” BGs because gear disparity is unfair.

This projection lol.

49 Likes

As someone who has never twinked, I really don’t care. It’s a low level BG. If I lose I lose, if I win, pleasantly surprised. I don’t let it ruin my day that someone put in time and effort to get themselves BiS gear for a lvl 19.

69 Likes

No one is talking about max level where you have access to the same tools/benefits. You are completely missing the point just because you are ignorant. Also T3 gear will not be available til much later down the progression ladder.

Last but not least, I never cared about people having higher tiered gear than me at 60 back in vanilla. They were not limited by levels/gold like lower level players were once twinking became a problem. When you have a valid counterpoint to my argument please revisit the thread because your comments are neither progressive nor do they further the conversation

1 Like

BGs won’t be available at the start. So you point about T3 not being available is moot.

Also yes, it is the solution because changing it so people can’t twink forces a group of players to not be able to play the way they want to play. Or they rebalance the game around low levels, and piss off everyone who doesn’t twink and doesn’t care about lowbie BGs.

14 Likes

Once again you are missing the point because you are choosing what you want to read instead of objectively addressing my points. It never ruined my day as because as I stated, I was there at launch and I had the pleasure of pvping without the negative effects of twinking.

I also twinked just so I could be competitive later on and I still enjoyed it, but I always felt that there should be a separation from the two. Everyone replying here probably didn’t read my entire post because none of you have any actual valid counterpoints to my argument.

Please, re-read my post as I never said that I wanted people to NOT be able to twink. When you have a valid point I am more than ready to engage in conversation with you.

Edit: I see where it says bg’s wont be available til the 2nd content drop

Isn’t the point of doing BG’s in Classic WoW merely a fun thing?

Did you know organized play and skill > gear every day of the week in Classic WoW?

I know, it’s shocking, but true.

15 Likes

“You aren’t agreeing with me, or talking about things I think are relevant, so clearly you didn’t read my entire post, otherwise you would agree with me.”

I did read your whole post. It comes across as someone whining about twinking being a thing. You change it and you change classic. So like I said, just don’t do lowbie BGs if it bothers you.

Go watch the Classic Panel from Blizzcon and listen to what Ion says and look at the screenshot behind him. BGs are listed in the second content bucket.

21 Likes

I’m sorry but you are incorrect with everything you said and once again you are just another person reinforcing my statements.

1. Facing twinks on a non-twinked character is not fun.

2. Organized play and skill do NOT outweigh having an extreme gear advantage so I’m not sure where you’re getting this idea. You must have never played Vanilla WoW pvp judging from your condescending comment.

So dont que if you dont find it fun. You have no right to dictate what other players do. You are not forced to join a bg that could have twinks, twinks can not force you join a bg so they can one shot you.

26 Likes

Read my edit

Saying don’t partake in a large part of the game just because you think it justifies your twisted logic does not make you right in any way shape or form, you are just being ignorant. Once again I want to state that Blizzard never intended for twinking to be a thing, and ONCE again I am stating that there is a simple solution to alleviate the issue and still allow both twinks and non-twinks alike the ability to enjoy what they enjoy.

You have obviously not experienced the raw fun that non-twinked pre 60 pvp afforded you, as such you obviously have no concern for it and that is fine.

1 Like

Saying that you don’t like the way a particular group of players likes to spend their time because they have better gear then your lowbie does not make you right in any way shape or form.

If your logic or reason for wanting this change extended beyond, “I don’t like it”, then maybe we could get somewhere. As it stands, you don’t have a leg to stand on and I see no reason to force twinks into their own BG in classic.

Especially if there are no cross realm BGs. What you’re going to do there is make a small group of players even smaller by splitting them all because your feels.

26 Likes

You are putting words where there are none and trying to sound intelligent in your argument but realistically you are, again, reading only what you want to read and then making insinuations out of thin air. I have never stated that I don’t like the way particular people spend their time. I am asking for an option to be able to participate in an area of the game that should not be ruined by what was never intended to be in the game to begin with. I am sorry you are having such a hard time comprehending this.

You are implying that my only reason for wanting this is because I don’t like it, when it is not only a personal interest. You do not speak for everyone, and neither do I. To do so is highly ignorant. I am proposing that there should be an option for everyone to enjoy pvp in those brackets, not just twinks. Why are you so blind?

Your last statement is also entirely untrue. The majority of people on private servers that I’ve played with over the past several years have similar views in regards to this and in the end they only end up pvping against other twink premades (whom they communicate via VoIP programs) and the brackets are devoid of non-twinks for the sole reason that why would anyone join pvp where they are immediately at a disadvantage?

I’m sorry you are failing to see what is as clear as day.

nochanges. Go back to retail.

28 Likes