Please Disable Twinking or allow people to queue for NON-twink bg's

You have added nothing constructive to the conversation and are merely flame baiting. I will not engage in conversation with people like you if this thread goes any further.

You should try League of Legends, they have room for toxic and inflammatory KBW’s like yourself. Also, good job hiding behind an alternate account to flame people. Quite brave of you!

There isn’t really a way to accomplish this in Vanilla, anyway. There was no option to turn off XP gains. So the only thing you could do is have a “No one above x ilevel may enter this BG” limit, which just would not be good, not least because gear didn’t show ilevels in Vanilla.

2 Likes

Private servers are 10,000 people on 1 server. While we don’t know what the player cap on Classic will be, if it’s anywhere near that high it’s going to be a cluster. Vanilla was not designed to have that many people per server. Doing so means adding dynamic respawns to mobs and gathering nodes at the least. This means a drastic change to Classic, that changes how the game flows.

This part is rich though. You call me ignorant and accuse me of not reading your whole post, but my stating what I got from your post, that’s just putting words in your mouth and trying to sound intelligent.

You come across as someone who is whining about twinking. How dare they be able to kill players that aren’t as geared. That’s no fun for the player getting killed. But wait …

How do you know the non-twink isn’t having fun if you don’t speak for everyone?

17 Likes

Based on your original post you’re not interested in a conversation:

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren’t just trying to taunt people that enjoy twinking and are simply stating your preference.

You’re entitled to your opinion.

15 Likes

Finally, someone who isn’t inflammatory from the get-go.

I respect your opinion and I feel that there are other ways in which this can be accomplished simply due to certain enchantment materials requiring that they be disenchanted from a certain level of gear, so I feel like it can be done in this fashion.

ilvl wasn’t a thing in Vanilla.

2 Likes

I will acknowledge that I shouldn’t have added that part in and will edit it to be less inciting so as to promote a healthier conversation. Thank you for your opinion

1 Like

iLevel existed, players just couldn’t see it. Which is part of the reason why putting an ilevel limit on BGs wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

Deal with it.

20 Likes

If you read their entire post you would have seen that they said ilv’s werent a thing. Kind of ironic you’re doing the same thing to them as you are to my post.

You are correct that the original Vanilla servers were not designed that way but I would attribute that to the technology available at the time. They had upwards of 50+ realms iirc. They have mentioned the idea of sharding at initial release for this reason because I doubt they are going to have as many servers in the same scheme. Servers today can accomodate much heavier loads due to the technology available so I would refrain from continuing to make assumptions when you and I both do not know the player limit that will be imposed

I am calling you ignorant for your failure to comprehend what I am saying as you are not addressing everything and only picking apart my post, while on the contrary, I am dissecting everything you say at every turn and providing counterpoints while you generate assumptions out of thin air every time you respond. We can indeed have an intelligent conversation if you can refrain from this.

You can say that I’m whining all you want, once again that does not make you correct. Also, being geared and having raid level enchantments are two different things. People that are the same level can easily access the same gear. People that have a level 60 versus those who don’t can employ raid-level enchantments. This is the primary point you are still missing. Also I want to clarify that what I proposed was something that could be optional, meaning that if people wanted, they could still pvp against geared twinks (which logically makes no sense) but whatever pleases you

It doesn’t take rocket science to assume that someone who can’t kill anyone and dies in 1-3 hits wouldn’t have fun. You fail to grasp fundamental logic.

Might as well complain and ask them to disable premades too. Shoo, back to BFA with you.

17 Likes

I like how you mention intelligence but you speak in a manner indicative of your lack thereof. I enjoy your personal attacks but you only reinforce my statements with your pettiness.

Good job referencing Darwinism and somehow trying to create some correlation to reinforce your emotional response. I’m glad you at least were hurt enough to log on to your (potentially) main account to continue your flame :slight_smile:

1 Like

OP, you’ve been nothing but rude, insulting, and adversarial this entire thread. So I’ll expand on my answer and be perfectly honest.

It’s this kind of entitled, petty, selfish attitude that has sucked any kind if achievements or notoriety out of the game. Players aren’t allowed to have advantages, stand out, or dominate other players. There’s no accomplishment or renown anymore. Why not? Because crybabies can’t handle getting pwned in a video game. For those types of players…I present to you BfA. Classic is something else entirely.

37 Likes

It’s not about the load when it comes to Classic. The vanilla experience was balanced around only having a few thousand players online at a time at most. Having 10k players on a server means they have to add in dynamic respawns of gathering nods and mobs at a minimum to accommodate all those players. This changes Classic in a drastic way. Higher populations also means more BGs able to go at once.

I am not responding to everything in your post, because I don’t feel the need to call you whiny fifty times in a single post. But if that’s what you really want.

You can say you’re not whining, but you come across like you’re whining.

So we’re back to complaining about twinks having taken the time and effort to get their gear and get it enchanted and how it’s not fair for the lowbie who is just leveling up. If you don’t like it, don’t do BGs while leveling. Pretty simple concept.

What you’re proposing is “optional”? You can choose to fight against the twinks when you aren’t twinked out? What about the twinks? Do they get an option in this? What if the twinks decide they don’t want to be in the twink only BG?

There you go, speaking for people who aren’t you again. Some people don’t care about dying, they just want to attack things. And not everyone cares about winning and losing.

6 Likes

Level locking is not available in Classic, how would you separate the twinks out?
Classic will be static, eventually people will run out of content. There are many who love to twink out characters, and will stay subbed for this. Not allowing it is changes and also ruining something others enjoy.
If this change were allowed what would be next? Would it be any different for the 60 players to request to have seperate queues for the raid geared twinks?
Personally I’d rather not have the leveling nubs in the BG, it isn’t as challenging, but it’s a change and probably difficult to do.

9 Likes

Pretty much the same reason people gank in PvP servers as well, same mind set.

3 Likes

Oh joy, we’re getting the people now who claim they don’t twink to stomp non-twink players.

If only we could get the whining when xp locking puts people only into battlegrounds with other xp locked players, and suddenly no one wants to twink anymore.

History is a closed loop.

4 Likes

Classic, if its going to be classic proper needs to pick a patch and stick with it. Enough of the retconning for crybaby whiners.
They listen to them and it won’t be Classic ----- just some shut the crybabies up game.

3 Likes

Twinks are trash.

Getting your jollies curb stomping others with a gear advantage is cowardly, there’s no other way to put it. If you want a skill based fight, meet the enemy on a fair playing field.

Low level BG’s could be a fun alternative leveling mechanic for people and help enhance the PvP community as a whole but instead we have a few twinks running around like bullies on a playground 2-shotting people for lulz.

Do I want to level in BG’s? Yes.

Do I want to fight overtuned opponents? No.

So… I’ll just go back to questing until I hit 60 and go get gear. And low level BG’s remain a wasteland instead of a thriving segment of the game.

Whee, fun.

5 Likes

From what I remember, you didn’t get XP for doing BGs in Vanilla. It’s why twinking was a thing in the 1st place.

22 Likes