Pet battle/collection broken

Can anyone with this issue confirm if you also have an issue with the game wiping your hidden marker for completing old Normal raids? My characters suddenly seem to have had their Normal Lich King, Normal Yogg Saron and Normal deathwing markers wiped, meaning I can not do ICC/Ulduar/Dragon soul on Heroic. I also did transfer a toon from alliance to horde in characters services although that’s not the toon being affected.

When I talked to Chromie to do Time-Walking Legion, I had to do the introductory scenario again even though I should have been able to select I’ve heard this tale before… on the next alt however just to test if I had to do it again, I was able to skip it. I had been making alts for the different mogs from Exile’s Reach starting zone. I’ll check old raids now

Edit: I was able to zone in to ICC 25 as Heroic

Ty for response

still bugged… no blues to tell us the status on the fix

1 Like

I see this issue first popped up about 2 weeks ago, but up until today Oct 28 I hadn’t run into any problems doing pet battles. Now since the last reset, I can’t even load any pets into their slots (which I unlocked on this character over 6yrs ago) so something definitely broke yesterday.

1 Like

My husband transferred and faction changed a character on his account a few days after I did. He was able to do everything pet related so I don’t think it’s for sure the character services. Unless he was just a lucky man, haha. But, this is a really annoying and BIG bug that NEEDS to be fixed. We should be getting more than bread crumbs thrown at us in terms of information. If Blizz just comes out and makes the announcement of “Hey yeah, we messed up and broke something, sorry guys… We’re working to fix it.” I think it would at least calm some people but, nah. We’re garbage even though we’re the ones sending them money monthly. :c

2 Likes

Really irritating to me. The collecting and achievements were what I was hoping to work on during pre-patch. They refuse to acknowledge the problem, I couldn’t get any help from the two tickets I put in.

I am no longer sending them money each month. Better things to do. I’ll check back in a few months and see where things are at.

1 Like

would like to toss in another reply here in the hopes of keeping it active, I’m still waiting to buy a transfer but with these issues I’m going to refrain until we hear more about what’s happening

if there’s any blues who could shed some light on the topic it would be much appreciated!

3 Likes

Want to go ahead and add that while before my pet collection was working I recently have this bug now where I can’t put anything on my team and like others our saying it says I don’t have any of those pre-requisites done. Not sure if this is a common denominator with anyone else but I believe this bug may have effected my account right after I character transferred a character from one account to another (same Bnet). Hopefully this can help narrow down cause?

Edit: I went to pet trainer and relearned pet battles and now I can at least make a team. But I still can’t add caged pets to my account.

Edit #2: Now that I can pet battle I immediately DC as soon as I try. If I mange to log back in before it despawns I’m able to fight it and not DC.

3 Likes

yeah, it seems that character transfers are indeed the culprit, but it’s been hard to find out much more info besides that

we know what the issues are because of it, but I don’t think we have any ETA or acknowledgement of the issue

I think there was a blue post linked earlier claiming it had been fixed but that’s not the case evidently, so I’m personally holding off on a transfer until we know for sure

some of the issues do seem to be able to fixed by a GM, but I really am hesitant about messing with my account data like that, and I don’t like the thought of progress being wiped so I’m more comfortable holding off :frowning:

3 Likes

Anyone who hasn’t already transferred a character probably shouldn’t until the devs announce that this specific thing is fixed. I’m amazed that the transfers are still available.

GMs can fix some things, by re-sending items like pet portals or (I think) Mechagon minis, but they can’t address the underlying problem, which seems to be that a character transfer resets many account wide completion flags for all characters on the Battle.Net account.

I’ve submitted and replied to a ticket about this, in which I pointed out that while my wife’s alts start out fresh with 95 quests done, indicating the many account-wide things she has credit for, my alts now start out with 10, meaning I’ve LOST credit for 85+ (I probably had more done than her, but I can’t check anymore.)

I’ve gotten two responses that go on at some length about how getting the 100 quests achievement right away on an alt is a known bug. I was as clear as I could be that getting the achievement right away was NOT the problem, but that NOT getting it right away when I should have done so was the problem.

I hope that some of this is getting to someone who can do something about it. This must be among a game developer’s worst nightmares - a bug rolling on for two weeks that’s obliterating players’ progress, caused by them paying -EXTRA- for an account service, and especially affecting the subset of players who are already paying extra for multiple game licenses.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten 2 replies so far about the missing Mechagon minis…

The first one I’m not even sure understood the issue. Just said that toys/pets don’t transfer between accounts, which is not correct for two reasons:
A: Accounts attached to the same email share everything; toys, transmog, pets, mounts, everything available on my main account has always been available on my alt account, and

B: Even if true, the transfer shouldn’t have affected anything on the account transferred from.

So, I kept the ticket open and the 2nd reply was to reset my UI. x__x
Has never worked for any issue I’ve had, and has been reported to have no effect, here. So, waiting again.

2 Likes

there’s a support article about this issue now, still no real indication of an ETA however, and people have had variable success with getting GMs to fix things (sometimes it makes things even messier) so I’m still not going to transfer

Pet Battle Quests Reset After Character Transfer Updated: Article ID: 275690

We have received multiple reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as intended. While our developers are working to resolve the underlying issue, you may want to contact Customer Support. Provided we can verify that you were impacted by this, we may be able to assist.

2 Likes

Quick question to those have had replacements pet portals mailed to them by a GM and have used them. Has there been any issue with the limit going back up to 1500 or 2000?

Just asking because I saw this reply on the CS forums, not sure if maybe there’s a miscommunication somewhere, but it sounds like even though he got the replacement pet portal, when he tried to use it an error was given. I have not used mine yet since I’m finishing transfers, but if this problem is locking our limit to 1000 without allowing the replacement pet portals to be used because of some other hidden flag on our accounts, there’s pretty much no workaround for that…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/locked-out-of-pet-battles/698887/32

2 Likes

You took my money, knowing it was messed up.

I completed a character transfer yesterday, 31 October, Oceanic realm, and today noticed–

I cant add pets to my journal (over 1200)
My completed Mechagon Minis collection has vanished.
My Uuna wont hug me anymore and is afraid of the dark again.
I had completed all pet dungeons and obtained all rewards including title Minion of Mayhem, which is now gone and Manaproof considers I haven’t done a single dungeon

I have no idea what else is messed up.
That you kept taking money and offering the service after you knew it was still happening, is shameful.

Fix what you broke please.

3 Likes

I’ve tracked down the cause of demon hunters crashing to the login screen when starting a PvE pet battle. The crash only occurs if you start a pet battle when mounted. No crashes to the login screen when I dismount, but 100% crash rate when mounted.

Can others confirm this on their Demon Hunter characters?

1 Like

At least with my account, I filed another ticket (my 4th or 5th) and they were able to go in and do something to bring my allowable pets back up to 2k (whoohoo!).

So the issues can be fixed with a bit of patience. I wish you luck.

:cookie:

1 Like

3rd time’s the charm for the Mechagon minis, in my case. Just depends on the GM you get, perhaps. And also the fact that they are probably s w a m p e d with tickets by essentially having a sale on a bug. :confounded:

1 Like

Oof, yeah, I’m surprised they don’t have a hold on transfers yet, they’re making more work for themselves by leaving it open, and the general player will have no idea there’s even an issue unless they happen to come across a thread here. :x

3 Likes

Yah, I transferred yesterday and had no clue this was going to be an issue. I was working on the last Falcosaur mount as well and all of those quests reset. :-/

2 Likes