Pet battle/collection broken

I posted in the customer support forum too, guessing that’s where this should be at this point (since we’re past reporting a bug). Plus it seems there’s more blue visibility, or at least replies over there.

I’m sure a solution will be in place soon, just has to work its way through the machine, and in the meantime assume we keep submitting (or re-submitting) our tickets.

It’s strange the way it works between bug report and customer support forums.

This issue was initially reported on customer support but they insisted that it was UI related. Of course it needs to be verified that it isn’t add-on related because so often addons do generate issues.

But when a full UI reset does not fix the issue it needs to be categorized as a bug. However the customer support forum says, “if full ui reset doesn’t work we can’t help you. Go to the bug forum.”

Which people then contributed here and got “we referred this to the team” but never added to the known issues list.

When submitted as bugs through the WoW client it ends up back with customer support. Like one huge crazy support circle.

In the end it’s a great way to delay people reporting the issue but a terrible way to find and fix issues that are breaking portions of the game.

As I said before, if this bug affected a streamer/tuber it’d be fixed quickly. But here we are…

1 Like

Well, I tweeted Blizzsupport and they asked for ticket ID #s, so I linked both of mine. Hopefully with us continuing to report this, they’ll acknowledge it at some point :frowning:

4 Likes

Update: Purchasing another Pocket Portal DOES unblock you from collecting more pets, provided you have all of the appropriate achievements. So current workaround to be unblocked is: Go to pet trainer in any city > Re-learn pet battling > go to Dal and purchase a Pet Portal = success!

Blizz CM on twitter verified QA is looking into this issue and a fix should be in the works. In the meantime, we can at least collect and battle again.

3 Likes

I’ll wait for them to fix it before I spend the charms on something I’ve already learned.

8 Likes

More information:

I have done some character transfers in the last few days.

I did completely reset my UI before the pre-patch, and am running no add-ons.

I do have multiple accounts that share mounts and pets.

I was very distressed to learn that among the hidden, secret quest flags that have been reset is the one for Uuna the Draenei ghost orphan. My wife, son, and I had only recently made some progress on this secret, getting up to the point where we’d completed the scenario-type event that starts in Dragonblight. Today we attempted to move on to the next step, in the Veil of Eternal Blossoms, but my Uuna had reset back to the beginning of the whole sequence, and was frightened by the darkness. I myself am frightened by the possibility of other secret quest flags that I’d completed over 16 years that may have been reset.

I’ll add that I also have multiple accounts, and as part of the character service I bought (server transfer) I also moved that toon to a secondary account (under the same battle.net). Not sure if this is relevant and it’s only us that are being impacted, or if it’s people with just one account as well.

It is a bit worrisome to see that other quest IDs are perhaps being reset, which we are not, nor may ever be aware of. After reading your post, I used the “/run” macros that often exist in secret guides on wowhead to check progress, and noticed several cases where the hidden quests were reset, and some where they were still completed. For example, the Kosumoth mount hidden quests are still completed. However, the Riddler’s Mind Worm quests were reset, as well as Uuna as you mentioned.

I also checked a few of the pet battle quests, and couldn’t really find consistency there either. For example, the “Beasts of Fable” quest is still completed, but all the falcosaur quests from Legion are not. Had hoped this would be isolated to only account level quests like pet battles, but that may not be the case.

In any event, doesn’t change much, just additional info for whoever is monitoring this forum. This wasn’t broken before so I’m sure the devs will be able to fix it. Getting a little worried about how frustrating it’s going to be for us to get it unraveled on our accounts, and in particular what we haven’t yet noticed that is missing… but I’m sure it’s solvable.

2 Likes

Just wanted to pop in again to say that I only have one account and have always had one account and all of this is happening to me. I did do a character transfer, but not on my main that I do all of my pet battling and achievements on. As with everyone else I’ve completely reset my UI and have zero addons. I saw that a transfer could reset the max pet allotment, as someone posted above, but the quest resets are still unexplained.

This has happened to me also after a realm transfer

1 Like

My husband and I both bought faction change/realm transfers. His account is unaffected by this bug, mine is.

My account was created and has been played since 2008.
His account was created and has been played since 2010.

He started playing in Cata, I started playing Wrath.

I am wondering how old the other accounts here are that have been affected since the common ground of server/faction transfer doesn’t apply to my situation.

1 Like

I’d just bought a character transfer…this account has been around since Vanilla. I transferred a toon from it to one of my alt accounts.

A GM answered my ticket a few hours ago, and mailed me a Pocket Pet Portal (the 1500 one). Ticket’s still open because I’ve already bought the Interdimensional Pet Portal (the 2k limit one).

I also, at their suggestion, submitted an in-game bug report.

So, I’d say submit an in-game bug report if you haven’t already, and wait to see what the ticket says…

This also happened to me. At first everything was reset and I couldn’t slot any pets. I then had to do the first starting quest just to open those up. Later I realized that my pet capacity was reset to 1,000 down from 2,000.

I hate to be melodramatic, but battle pets is all I really focus on anymore, and this is killing my ability to play. Has there been any progress on this?

1 Like

I’ve submitted an in game bug report, created this forum post, and spoken to two different GMs, both of whom insist I haven’t done the things required to have the things I am missing. As far as I know it is being “looked into”, but the lack of communication is becoming a bit disconcerting.

2 Likes

Whee!

The 2nd GM was able to confirm I’d had the Interdimensional portal, and resent it to the character that had bought it. Just hang in there, they’ll be restoring them as they get to your ticket, hopefully!

My primary account is from 2007, alt account was much later.

So it sounds like GMs may mail us the 1500 and 2000 pet portal items, which at least gets our journal limit back to what it should be.

I assume the “Minion of Mayhem” title and the ports from Manapoof are still unavailable? Has anyone tried doing a pet dungeon again just to see if this re-enables the ports? My achievements are definitely still earned, as well as the toy/pets that were awarded as part of those, but I guess the title/ports are tied to the quests that were reset. Would be annoying if doing these again ends up being our only option, but at least it wouldn’t be lost forever, or at the mercy of GMs that can’t help. More worried about something more obscure that we haven’t noticed yet that can only be fixed by GMs, make sure to keep us all posted if anyone stumbles across something.

2 Likes

Every quest regarding pet battles has been reset, despite having had the rewards or still having pets bought with pet dungeon tokens, having 1500 and 2000 upgrade tokens is not enough.

Pet dungeons quests are available to complete as though it will be the first time doing so, available from the pet room in Legion Dalaran.

Quests progress and pet related stuff should be rolled back to before the patch.

The frustration from this is quitting WoW worthy, and requesting refunds for SL and character services used recently with this discounted promotion.

What really pissed me off was following instructions from Blizzard article regarding this and opening a ticket provided by that article. Only to get an automated response having nothing to do with this issue.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000275259

Issue ID: #75750867

Your ticket has received the following response:

Greetings, Thank you for contacting us in regard to an issue with a quest. We are experiencing a high volume of tickets right now and apologize for being unable to discuss the issue further with you. For quest related issues, please attempt the following for potential resolution: - Abandon and retake the quest - Reset UI and retest with no add-ons: https://battle.net/support/article/7549 - Check the Wowhead database and guides for more information: https://www.wowhead.com/ or https://classic.wowhead.com/ - Try this tool if you are looking for the next quest in your zone or story: https://www.wowhead.com/quest-completion-tracker Game Masters are not able to provide game hints, grant quest credit, or assist with in-game bugs. If you believe the issue is due to a bug, please follow the in-game steps noted below to notify our development team directly. In addition, visit our Bug Report forums to report bugs, discuss them with the community, and check the status of known issues: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/bug-report for current WoW or https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wow-classic/support-and-bug-report for WoW Classic - Click Help to open the Customer Support window - Click Submit Bug - Follow the guidelines to enter the details of the bug - Click Submit Your ticket was identified to be about the issue addressed above. If this is not the case, please respond so a Game Master can manually review it.

Click here to review and resolve your ticket. If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you’ll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

First ticket response was:

Issue ID: #75673464

A Game Master resolved your ticket, and left the following response:

Hey there, *******

This is Game Master ******. Thank you for summoning me from beyond the Twisting Nether to take a look into this issue concerning your battle pet collection capacity. I’d be happy to see what we can do to help!

I did some digging here and it appears that this is being tracked by our development team. However, we’d like you to try some steps to see if this will quickly troubleshoot the problem:

If the issue persists, we ask that you submit a bug report by using the link down below. We are gathering as much information as we can on issues that have emerged since the pre-patch deployment and would welcome any additional notes via a bug report!

We hope to get this fixed soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

If you continue to experience issues, you can reopen this ticket. If you have a new or separate issue, please submit a new ticket.

Make sure you complete our survey to let us know how we did.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

4 Likes

I canceled my sub until it’s fixed. There’s just so much broken in this pre-patch, it’s wild. I don’t think it’s fair for them to reset our quest progress, not acknowledge it, tell us to reset our UI as their only fix, and then hope that we just keep paying them and go re-do all of our progress.

I come for entertainment and escape, not to get taken advantage of by a company. If they can’t be bothered to fix it, I can’t be bothered to pay them.

2 Likes

Same issue - I had completed the pet battle achievement to award the Pocket Pet Portal quite some time ago and increase my pet cap to 1500, however, after patch 9.0.1, not only did I have to re-train how to pet battle at a trainer because all of the pet slots were showing as locked, but the cap on my pets has been reset down to 1000 and I cannot learn any more because I was already at 1109 before the patch. I also got the same canned response from Blizzard when I opened a ticket, and fairly sure resetting my UI isn’t going to fix their bug. If it was a UI issue, I’d be able to learn the new pets, and it just wouldn’t show up, but every time I try I get ‘Cannot add Companion to your collection’.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not a UI issue. Your UI can’t make the game re-offer one time quests that have already been completed.

I can confirm that I server transferred two toons after 9.0.1. It was after this character service that I started having the issue as things were fine for the first 3-4 days of the patch.

Post-patch character services seems to be the trigger that causes this issue. Is there anyone experiencing it that DIDN’T purchase a character service?

It would be nice to have some communication on this issue, but it’s probably a huge mess right now. It’s a bit too late for rollbacks since we’d lose anything we did in the last week, but its going to be hard to manually restore everything. We don’t even know the full extent of what we’re missing; pet quests are just the obvious thing.

If nothing else, they should update the post to stop sending people to Customer Support and disable character services until resolved.

The fact that they are still accepting purchases that will then negatively impact the customer that made the purchase is egregious.

4 Likes

I did not transfer any of these toons, and I have the issue on all of them. Unless you are saying that ANY kind of character service wipes it for the entire account, then yea, that sucks. I did a transfer, but on a diff server. At this point, they should re-issue the Pocket Pet Portal to people if they have the achieve, or have evidence that they are above 1000 pets on the account, as a first step.

2 Likes