People are literally Un-subbing because of the Dynamic Flight Change

While humorous, a double negative that cancels itself out fully. Not to include the irony of complaining about stimulation on a video game forum.

Interesting terminology. Seems to be a lot of self-loathing happening in your post over five seconds. Are you finding it difficult to use a mundane button to float in the sky? Appears that just using a simple, One button step to maintain simple mount movement for two alts and a very below average main is very daunting.

Guild wars players are not sticking around because they can play a superior version in their own game if DR is the default. But TBC normal flying is not in GW and that gives those players a new wrinkle to play around with.

For other MMORPG players TBC normal flying is natural to them as you fly through the air without fighting mechanics and you can hover.

Hovering in City of Heroes for example is not only the standard for many builds whether melee or range but it is integral for providing a different play experiece.’

This is why TBC normal flying is popular and will remain popular as it is a cornerstone of many other MMORPG flying systems. Only exception really is guild wars.

But Guild wars is a MMO more so than an MMORPG.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

I’d LOVE to. But this happened

3 Likes

Exactly! There is nothing dynamic about dynamic flight.

1 Like

I kinda hate the new way flying is setup. It was really nice to have two keybinds, one for a Dragonriding mount and one for a Steady Flying mount. When you ran out of vigor, or just wanted to bunny-hop to another quest objective, you hit the Steady Flying mount, and for anything longer, you hit Dragonriding. The five second cast time for switching, on top of the 1.5 second cast time for mounting, is such a downgrade.

Really wish they’d made it so you could tag certain mounts as each type.

6 Likes

the flight modes serve very different purposes. Dynamic flight is good for long distance coverage in a short time, steady flight is better for precision movement and also AFK flight. Last season I saw people dragonride between points in nokhud and then steady fly between packs in m+, this was the standard. This same dichotomy exists everywhere, and by removing the ability to use both modes, you effectively make the game worse. It’s infuriating that blizzard has done this.

5 Likes

this would be groovy to me. make it like a glyph where you have to apply that to the mount you want to be skyriding or just master riding

I’m a fan of skyriding and will use that mostly exclusively, but, assuming the game could support the above suggestion, i don’t have an issue with this

3 Likes

Oh and there’s a dungeon in TWW that forces you to use dragon flying. So how does this work for people with disabilities like myself? If we queue for randoms, do we get a pop up to ask us if we’re disabled so they don’t put us in there? This whole thing is so idiotic and useless. Tons of parts of the game have been broken for years and they decided to break the one thing that was working flawlessly.

3 Likes

Literally me Skyriding on Grove Warden lol

1 Like

can non drake-mounts carry people onboard? that was one way ‘around’ Nokhud Offensive dungeon, you could carry one other player from section to section, but never thought about trying something like that with the recently added skyriding mounts

I didn’t go in there in beta since I wouldn’t be able to do it if I couldn’t be carried. So someone else hopefully has the answer. In Nokhud you also had FP if you couldn’t use dragon flying. Not in this one.

1 Like

just checked the skyriding pane in remix, and noticed this updated verbiage. Mentions ‘specific mounts’

I don’t have access to beta anymore since I got my money back for TWW epic version. Someone needs to go in and try to get carried to see if they can do it. Otherwise that dungeons is a huge problem.

I’m just gonna chill in classic and cata classic until my sub runs out. Looking at going back to FFXIV, since I unlocked flying in there and they don’t take it away every 2 years.

3 Likes

No one is bailing over dynamic flight changes.

Doesn’t ff have some sort of collect thing you need to do in each new zone to unlock flying? Granted it’s a lot easier and simpler than blizz’s system though.

1 Like

Those are for teleportation, not flying. You just have to touch their crystals to register so you can port around.

1 Like

They are for flying. Aether Currents, more or less the “explore map” and “complete zone quests” to unlock flying for each zone, with the last few quest-locked aether currents being tied to finishing the last MSQ quest in the area.

2 Likes

Why are people so mad? They just have to press one button and it changes it.

Wasn’t needed.

Plus should be instant, not 5 seconds.

2 Likes

This is because the devs think they know best but what is happening is a degradation of the game play experience.

Same overall with class design. The easy fix for that TWW dungeon is to have TBC normal flying in use for that.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes