Paying gold for dungeon runs

I mean, I really don’t care what you think? I’m not making anything up that’s bogus. But hey, you do you. Like you said you were going to do.

I just find charging to do dungeons ridiculous.

Clearly you didn’t read the conversation I was having with that guy, he asked me how I’d feel if someone called me dumb for not spending money to speed things up.

I simply pointed out, I had, and that it really doesn’t bother me.

Your the one that seems to get upset that people find demanding payment to tank ridiculous :joy:

Watching Donaldtrump and Nyaru go back and forth on this is hilarious.

Are you going to tank? Are you going to tank extra to help people out who need it? No, right? We need a lot of dungeon runs and we don’t have enough tanks.

The great thing about classic is that the game didn’t come with its own solutions built-in. We were given the option to create our own and some prosper better than others because of this and it’s not all about intelligence. Some of it has social requirements.

It lets us do better in ways that we enjoy best. People who hate playing games flounder horribly… not so much in current WoW, but this is classic.

Well I’m glad you’re entertained.

have a cookie. :cookie:

1 Like

It isn’t their JOB to tank. They aren’t required to do anything.

You are paying them to do “a” job, not “their” job.

Imagine this: you want to hire someone to fix your roof. You call them up, ask them to do it and they agree. They arrive and give you a quote. You then say: “what!? How dare you! Isn’t your JOB fixing roofs? That’s part of your job description! How dare you demand a fee!”

4 Likes

I am not paying them jack. Lol. there is not a single tank in all the world that’s worth paying for their services.

If they want to tank something, they can fall in line with the rest of the party, and roll greed.

But. They. Don’t. Have. To. Tank. Your. Dungeon.

They are going out of their way to do so. They are using their precious time to do it for you. Don’t be cheap. The least you can do is pay for their time or tip them for good service.

3 Likes

Then they don’t tank my dungeon, and we move on with life.

I ain’t paying them a single copper to tank my dungeon.

If they are demanding extra payment, or special treatment, they can trot along or be ignored.

I make around 65 gold per hour in my main character. I can either cough up 5-10 gold for a PROFESSIONAL warrior to tank my dungeon and shave off 45-60 minutes in wipes and 4-5 gold in repair bills (I have all epics so each death is about two gold in bills for me).

Or I can sit in a capital city for two hours waiting for an undergeared tank. In that time I could have made 130 gold.

The choice for me is simple.

Bro how do you think i bought my epic mount back in Vanilla?

I’d rather take a level 59 Warrior to tank through UD stratholme, and deal with 2-3 wipes and allow said warrior to get tanking experience / gear. Then pay someone to tank my dungeon.

No tank is worth being paid for their services.

Another thing. Tanks have no real means of making gold. Protection warriors can’t farm gold themselves. Isn’t it selfish for a mage to make 85 gold/hour, then expect a person who only makes 10 gold per hour to do the 1 to 2 hour, demanding job for free?

That is like a person making $250,000/year expecting the lawnmower dude to mow his lawn for free, and then thinking he is being cheap for even considering to be paid for the work.

1 Like

Neither do healers, but you don’t see me demanding payment to heal dungeons. :roll_eyes:

Tanks have an easier time grinding for gold than I do, but you don’t see me complaining and demanding I be compensated for doing my role in a party.

Trade off for not being able to farm perfectly, is that you get into dungeon groups easier.

Don’t like it? Roll a mage and go aoe farm for gold if all you care about is gold.

People have always done this. As in nearly all complaints about the game, build a list of friends and play it with them.

3 Likes

You are arguing with a brick wall. He doesn’t like people who pay geared tanks to run instances for them quickly because he thinks it eats into his pool of free tanks who run it for gear (it doesn’t) Don’t fall into the trap of replying to him. He will just endlessly repeat himself and dodge any valid points.

2 Likes

By the way. Going off of the original post.

I’ve cleared this content countless times. I have a busy life where I have to work and make money to survive. I’m not some kid who has all day long to “grind out” levels.

I also have spare gold on my main. I’d much rather spend 400-500 gold to level 60s to quickly level my warrior through dungeons than grind for months on end doing repetitive and boring kill quests or slow dungeon runs.

I can farm the 400-500 gold in one weekend easily, and then be able to skip levels 10-52. Would much rather do that.

2 Likes

we get it you never played vanilla

Blind as well? that’s unfortunate. :thinking:

You fail to realize why tanks have this ability, here.

1 Like

here comes the part where he starts screeching “entitlement” and other buzzwords