Paying gold for dungeon runs

I have been called dumb for not paying my way through portals / buying tanks to do dungeons.

It doesn’t phase me at all, the reason I cal people paying for tanks dumb, is because they are feeding into what I personally view as an entitled mindset.

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be allowed to, despite what other people try to strawman my stance to say. I just personally think it’s a long term negative, and only feeds a toxic part of the community and allows it to fester.

Can you please quote the post where I or anyone called you dumb for choosing to not pay for tanks? You can do whatever you want. You’re the only one who’s really been name calling in this thread.

2 Likes

Supply and Demand versus Entitlement. Two separate things.

2 Likes

Here is the thing. I have a toon on which I can farm fifty gold per hour or so with relative ease.

I have a guildie lvl 60 warrior that can all but solo dungeons thru ZF with nothing more than a spot heal here and there.

The warrior will ask for 10 gold from each of of the other group members, in return he runs us thru low lvl dungeons til we are locked out.

Let’s just say that it takes a full hour to hit lockout (usually doesn’t). It has cost me two hours of time, and in return I have made a net 40 gold, and have done five instance runs on my alt. It also allows my warrior pal to make himself 40 gold per lockout, which is nice for him as a means to make coin in instances.

It’s a big win win for all involved.

1 Like

I didn’t say you did? I said I -have- been called dumb before. I did not say it was in this thread. :woman_shrugging:

You might not care buddy but IM that person. This is my last semester in college so the grind has been unreal. I’ve been playing since launch day and I’m level 38.

I would reckon a large amount of the player base is like me so don’t judge.

If that’s your mindset, have at it, I don’t subscribe to it, it’s a finite game, that will end because no updates are going to be tossed in.

There’s no rush to the finish.

Again, there’s no rush for you. But others may have things going on in their lives and want to get to their end goal (whatever that may be) on their time frame, not yours.

1 Like

This was very much a thing in Vanilla.

I really have a hard time understanding how this could possibly upset someone…

2 Likes

It’s because some feel this type of transaction is toxic to the community in the long term. I’m not sure how really, as people who want to pay will pay, and those who prefer to wait it out will wait to either a) get a tank who won’t charge, or b) get a tank who is interested in doing such content.

1 Like

Ya I guess I can understand that view. It just feels like way too many ppl are more worried about what other ppl are doing than themselves.

I seriously think you’re just making up bogus excuses at this point. You call people who have the option of grinding gold and paying an experienced tank “dumb” when you have absolutely zero understanding of money and time efficiency. Some people are good at making money and don’t want to wait around for an hour looking for a tank, and a pug one at that. So they pay up money, have a guy instantly available who will run it quick, and everyone is happy.

Then you play the victim card after you’re insulting people who just play the game and value their time differently than you do, saying “y-yeah well I got called dumb for not buying tanks in some other thread” which probably never happened on the forums. I would put money on it actually never happening. Seriously link the topic where it happened and prove me wrong because I would love to see the idiot who seriously thinks that.

I only said I am willing to tank dungeons I don’t need to run for pugs if they pay me. I’m not underhanded or deceitful about it. They ask me to do it and I’ll give them a price I think is fair for the time. You don’t think anyone should have the luxury of doing this for whatever reason, probably because you think me getting paid to do something I otherwise wouldn’t do anyway is somehow cutting into your pool of tanks, which is terrible logic.

1 Like

Its kinda like getting mad at your next door neighbor who paid someone to plow their driveway simply because youve been shoveling yours the last two hours and dont feel like anyone should pay for a service you yourself dont use.

If theres a market for something then people will pay for it. It doesnt make it wrong that you dont pay for it, but it also doesnt make it wrong that they did.

5 Likes

I think you’re forgetting that you paying to have your driveway plowed is a detriment to the long-term health of the township in which you live.

Edit: You’re also a dummy.

Think it’s more analogous to some cranky old man yelling at random people walking by his house to plow his driveway for free since he’s physically incapable of doing it but too cheap to pay a guy to do it for him.

1 Like

Huh?? I guess all those years in middle and junior high school when my neighbors paid me to mow their lawns, they and I were jeopardizing the long term health of the community. Prolly nothing but drug labs and brothels cuz I mowed old Josephine’s lawn.

1 Like

What evidence supports your theory they are all from retail? Here are some unhelpful options you have: try harder to form groups, join a leveling guild, join LFG channel, show up at the dungeon you want to run and spam LFG. Are you having any luck getting groups on the forums?

If you don’t want people to help you who’s fault is it? Those people who pay for runs or yours? Seems like your needless pride is holding you back. I don’t ever remember feeling bad about needing help especially from people who specifically joined a group to help each other, get over yourself and accept the help. They aren’t doing it all for you since they need players who are 60 to run content anyway.

Based on what objective evidence and why does that matter?

Wow census only works for those who use the addon. It’s speculation at best.

You are ruining the game for yourself by being bothered by what others are doing. You are also being selfish by wanting everyone to play the game the same way you are. Get over yourself.

Multi-boxing isn’t new.

The problem is there are too many people on Classic servers. Blizzard put many times more people on classic servers than they could on Vanilla servers, back in Vanilla there were enough resources to go around in Classic there isn’t.

Aren’t you judging others? Isn’t that the theme of this post? Perhaps you need some perspective. If you’ve played since launch day and are only at level 38 then take the help…you are holding yourself back by not accepting help from people. You can’t be a successful and selfish raider you have to help others and let them help you.

People can spend their gold on whatever they damn well please - for those with a problem with this I have only one question: Who is John Galt?