Outdated talent trees

So is this going to be fixed soon?

7 Likes

Are you talking about the origami trees in old zones?

11 Likes

Ret and enh sham dont have the correct talent trees

8 Likes

Honestly… the trees do kinda freak me out… I don’t feel like I’m in a forest… I feel like I’m in a Wile-E-Coyote Looney Toons skit.

10 Likes

They mentioned this during the Blizzcon where they announced BFA… Their answer was (paraphrasing) -

“Rendering old zones with higher resolution graphics is really hard. So someone has to actually go in and rebuild the entire zone to do it. This is something we would like to do but isn’t on our radar right now.”

They even had art panels where you could watch artists do this for the warfront zones.

2 Likes

With another hot fix patch most likely because some of the older talents were pushed with an older build to live yesterday.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I noticed this exact same problem and I can help you fix it.

I had a large oak in my front yard that was looking a little shabby.

I bought a sarong from goodwill and wrapped it around the trunk.

Cheap, easy and a great way to modernize your leafy friends.

7 Likes

That is a good solution to the problem.

:thinking:

Fixed title

2 Likes

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the tree in a sarong?

1 Like

Thanks but I understood before hand.

:thinking:

Meant to reply to the thread.

People yanking my udders for my misleading thread title

1 Like

I understood your post. You are a valued member of the WoW community. They pushed the wrong build yesterday with the wrong talent tree changes.

So cool! Ever heard of yarn bombing? A bunch of us knitters figured out what to do with our leftover yarn. I haven’t personally participated, and some places declared it a no-no whilst others embraced changing up parts of their city. Check it out. It’s cool too.

They could apply it in WoW - just think of the thunderclap it’d create on the forum!! :yarn: Plus change our wily coyote trees!

3 Likes

There’s not actually very many different tree models. You just need to replace each one with higher resolution models with the same dimensions.

3 Likes

Have never personally worked at Blizzard and am not a digital artist, so I have to take their word for this kind of thing.

1 Like

Hello.

We just want to clarify that we implemented the class trees for this patch as intended, and this is not a bug.

The current War Within Pre-expansion patch includes our initial class and spec changes. As you can see in the Beta, there are more changes coming-- changes that we’re adding with the full War Within expansion.

Between now and then, we may deploy urgent tuning and bug hotfixes to classes, but the trees in the live game are working correctly.

29 Likes

What’s the point of this? Players should accustom themselves to talents that they know will change again in a month?
More and more I’m glad your dev team didn’t change any DH talents.

32 Likes

To put it very bluntly…this doesnt make any Lightdanmed sense.

The trees we have in live are fundamentally outdated because we all know they will be changed in a months time. Why even release them at all then?

Edit: If anything this tells us the talents are in even worse shape than they are on beta because this implies yall still dont have a solid vision for them.

27 Likes

Well that’s a first…

I know for the ret tree there’s significant changes between pre patch trees and beta…

Don’t see why the most current tree in beta can’t be the same one for live.

So essentially we get updated trees now and yet again in a few weeks.

14 Likes