Outdated talent trees

Why are the current talents not the ones that are intended to be available for the expansion which we just got the prepatch for?

7 Likes

Working correctly huh? I beg to differ. Prot pallies have a choice node with a 2-point talent (Tirion’s Devotion) as one of the choices and you can’t put more than one point into it which makes the other choice (Light of the Titans) mandatory if you want the talents below it.

21 Likes

Seriously… That’s a big oof

4 Likes

That’s hilariously borked.

1 Like

any update on the warbank? lol

2 Likes

Most likely because they had to choose a cutoff point for which build to put on, and they chose the one before some of the additional pali and shaman changes.

Beta builds will continue, and will have continued iteration, even though this also won’t be reflected in the pre patch.

Like right now an update was pushed to beta, and whatever changes are on it will not be copied over to the pre-patch. They don’t want to push weekly iterations to the live game when they can do them more safely in the beta version.

4 Likes

Maybe they couldn’t pull this version out of the patch, and the beta ones aren’t cooked enough yet? Definitely an odd move if it was intentional.

2 Likes

“We want you to get used to new trees for the next month, but don’t worry, they’ll drastically change in a month so you have to re-learn them all again right when the expansion launches!”

You should have delayed the pre-patch if you guys weren’t ready.

35 Likes

“Microsoft will save us!!!” Crowd are sure quiet

9 Likes

Well said. Exactly this, rather than constantly have 8 hour maintenances each week to the live game to test and add/remove talents, they chose a cutoff point where the talents were likely working as best they could, and are taking the time to continue improving them in beta.

The cutoff point was not the most recent as I imagine they want some level of feedback before implementing changes they are actively testing (2+ weeks of feedback)

3 Likes

Enh sham only has one charge of ele blast lmao at working properly

4 Likes

So every class gets their talent changes . . .

Except a handful that you arbitrarily decided don’t get to check them out before beta launches like everyone else?

I mean, that is for sure A decision. Jury’s out on whether its a good one. (it’s not)

6 Likes

Then they should have delayed the pre-patch and simply accelerated the pre-patch event. As in, instead of week 1 being a boss every 2 hours, make it 1 hour. Instead of week 2 being every hour, every 30 minutes. Etc.

Or simply had the event start on prepatch day.

11 Likes

The talent in the enhance spec tree that specifically states we will get an extra charge of Elemental Blast if Lava Burst is learned does not, in fact, give that extra charge.

“Not a bug”. " Working correctly"

6 Likes

So why did literally every other spec get an extra copy of the beta trees extra for Ret and Enhancement? This makes no sense. (I’m not yelling at you, just making a point in general).

1 Like

I don’t look at beta stuff but what are you guys even talking about what exactly is outdated?

But then you’ll be making a thread on how bad they are delaying events and why it’s bad.

Your diablo 4 and hearthstone wow events threads prove this.

1 Like

Ret has literally none of its spec tree changes. Enhance not only didn’t get the changes, but some pre existing talents are now broken.

2 Likes

Ret and Enhancement have old versions of our trees but every other spec got 1 for 1 copies of their beta trees.

2 Likes

Is that make it better or worse? To me it does look like they changed stuff like took out ret aura, and made wake of ashes give you wings.