I dislike skyriding

Funny how you link what you said to me, but you DIDN’T link what I said that refutes your points, and how you dodged engaging with said refuting.

Whilst I don’t agree with many of your takes, including some I think can be demonstrated to just be factually wrong… yeah. There are ways to discuss whether something is good or not for the game, and part of it is the quality of the events.

There’s also plenty of ways that people have played the game to avoid the most egregious downsides of any system that exists in the game. I have played like that, and it sounds like you have as well.

Ultimately though, Blizzard has to focus on the average player who most likely will behave like an average person. Which is why things like psychology and general game design is likely to be more valueable than specific edge cases where the quality of an activity is great enough to overcome specific psychological tendencies.

But all I can say to your post here overall is… yeah. Sure. These are mindsets and mentalities that are worth to consider on some level. I’m just not convinced that Blizzard can consider them when looking at things that are overarching across all players.

I linked my own post in which you were included in it, since you beautifully demonstrates an individual who isn’t at all willing to even for half a moment consider that you might be wrong. And you do so by holding steadfastly to your desires and the like.

Furthermore your refutations were “I agree with you what you are saying, but I don’t want to admit it because I equate subjective enjoyment with something that’s largely unrelated to subjective enjoyment.” So no, your refutations weren’t refuting my points, and as I categorically deconstructed your points I proved you actually made the cases that I was trying to make for me.

So no, I haven’t “dodged” anything - I just didn’t include the parts where you demonstrably agreed with me.

/eyeroll

You were describing a problem, and blaming this problem on flying, when you should be doing the opposite.

People want to fly/afk hover over rares because the content is bad and annoying and because they can.

They don’t fly/afk hover over rares because flying exists.

I don’t see why you are entirely unable to understand this concept.

Make the content better = people won’t want to skip it. And/or remove the loopholes allowing them to do that (such as requiring participation).

Flying is not the cause of the problem.
Flying merely points out that there IS a problem.

Trying to stymie flying is only putting a superficial bandaid on a deep wound, it won’t fix any of the problems and will only annoy people who were trying to find workarounds to the problem of the content not being fun to do.

That is the point that you failed to engage with and ignored.

Also, you failed to address the concept that the same stuff happens in areas where you can’t fly, only they will seek other mediums such as stealth, or only throwing a weak ranged attack on a rare and standing back because the rares are not fun to fight either.

Same behavior, only flying isn’t present.

It’s kinda like, flying ain’t the problem. Flying is only an indicator that another problem exists, because it’s so easy to notice.

1 Like

Not only has BlizZard lost the narrative regarding how they are treating DR and TBC normal flying, but their reputation took a hit when they admitted the patch they pushed out was the “correct” one.

Not a good look.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

…?

What are you talking about? Is there some kind of news I missed?

Here you go!

1 Like

Don’t worry about trying to make sense of everything he says. Half of what he puts together if lala land stuff. He hold a huge dislike towards Blizzard and has for many many years. Anything sets him off on deep theory on how they are here to only piss off the WoW player and to try to get us all to quit the game. He doesn’t even like the guy/gal that cleans their bathrooms, they have somehow done him wrong in the past too.

I like the delay since it bothers the dragonriders. It lets them share, in a very small way, the frustration of being denied steady flight until pathfinder. I hope you hate whatever they come up with as much as I hate dragonriding.

Added to that, from a psychological perspective, once you add little “annoyances” like this, they add up. In that, they cause accumulated resentment. As silly as this sounds, its a known fact. Then you get symptoms of aggravated play over time that manifest in easier rage quitting, out bursts, and flat out unsubbinig when combined with other annoyances. The 5 sec cast time for riding doesn’t need to be in the game, but here we are.

3 Likes

they did make it a little less convenient to switch back and forth.
sometimes i feel as if the developers have never actually played
our game.

It is a penalty for people daring to like to use both DR and TBC normal flying which is not logical when people allowed to play how they want.

1 Like

If a 5 sec cast time annoyance is what it takes to make a person quit this game. They was already to the state of quitting this game in the 1st place or never planned to stick around. They just was looking for that one excuse to use.

I am sorry but of all the things wrong in WoW and have been for years and things in the past that have went sideways. Jumping ship over 5 sec cast time, is pfft to me.

Having issues with pathfinder and how it is used. That is as old as the hills now days as a reason to complain, so it nothing new to hear about that.

1 Like

Do they still play the game? That is a fair question to ask.

1 Like

Same, Blizzard always want to “limit” everything.

For me, I will just ignore skyriding forever, I’m pretty sure Blizzard will remove normal riding later… They always want to limit people.

Let us toggle mode with an instant spell.
Let us select mode by mount (ex: MountA = Skyriding, MountB = normal)

And, I also feel the 420% speed is too fast in town. But do we really want to complain about being too fast… I feel like im cheating because it’s too fast.

2 Likes

You just agreed with me. Why add to the camels back? These annoyances are cumulative, they add up. they can be remedied. It a non issue to you, BECAUSE it it simple. SImple things are easy to fix? no?

Agreed. I also like have both types on my bars to just pick which one. Switching it back and forth is super annoying. Should have just left it the way it was or pick by mount.

1 Like

If it was easy to put it on a button, it’s just as easy/hard to put it on the mount listing.

1 Like

I stand with you Holdmypug…myself I have had two strokes and a heart attack…its no fun for sure…I had to give up doing PVP cause of my strokes…it stress me out…I’ll never see my 1 Million HK now…I was up too 410,000+ HK when I had to quit. This pathfinder is BS plain and simple.

2 Likes

skyriding is one of the best things they’ve added in a decade

Yet this only serves to benefit those players who want to play the game like you do, and that’s the crux of the issue. It’s good for you but not good for most players. Your play style is valid but so are others’ play styles. The subjective quality of graphic art in environmental assets, the participation of players in community events, etc. – these are topics that you care about but others may not care about, and at least as it pertains to group play, groups can be formed. Most seem not to care all that much. And so making TBC flying a pain in the rear benefits few. I can’t make others care about what I care about in the game; I can only support design decisions that make the most players happy.

Yeah, I try not to because I don’t like feeling like dead weight or like I didn’t earn something, but I’ve definitely played that way. Especially on bad days when I didn’t have a lot of energy. One of my pets died back in December and I played like dog water for weeks. It’s all I could muster, but I still wanted to be inside the game to cope with the grief. I try to keep that in mind about “lazy” and “incompetent” people in the game. Maybe they are having a bad day, so I overlook the AFKers.

2 Likes