Old raids no longer soloable

The problem and the reason you’re able to destroy old content like you have been is corruptions. It’s completely sent character power in an exponential increase.

Now you’re back to life with no corruption. The content IS EXACTLY how hard it would be (AoE change aside) if your character didn’t have corruptions. And now you see why people complained so much about corruptions.

Also you gotta keep in mind that Blizzard doesn’t want you solo farming old content for gold. Period.

Same can be said for Legion mythic raids… also my lowbie Demon Hunter alt I’m currently leveling is still stuck trying to learn Throw Glaive rank 2 passive from a trainer who doesn’t even have a “teach me” button of any sorts, because apparently she didn’t auto-learn it and the spellbook now says “See your trainer”…

This prepatch was rushed to meet shareholder quotas, change my mind…
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Try it at max lvl. In Shadowlands. you’ll have it easy by then

imgur(.)com/a/ZIXcd0x (had to place a () because forums refuses to let me post links, so just take off the () on dot and you are good to check)

Please stop lying. Check image, first image is me on 8.3 with literally no corruption equipped, still killed goroth without issues in one shot.

Second image is myself on PTR prepatch the week before release, and its same crap as on live.

Its not just corruption, we got weaker. Quit with that argument as it has been disproven already.

I started a fight with the BfA world boss budgie near Bolarus.
I was doing minimal damage (as prot) but the budgie was also doing minimal damage. The odd time I did take serious damage, WoG would heal me easily.
I ran away because killing him would have taken >30mins.

If a world boss can barely hurt me, 99% mobs won’t.

8.0 says hello.

They always squish expecting relative power of yet to be released xpac cap. It sucks.

At this point I think they do it intentionally to make sure folks are upgrading their accounts.

As a player though, I wouldn’t waste my time with old content until you hit 60 in SL. Ironic sadly, since old stuff is really all there is to do during pre-patch.

2 Likes

I also said blizzard doesn’t want you solo farming old content for gold.

The issue probably come with the fact that bosses are usually 3 ilevels hogher than that tier so if it you were 110 they would be 113.

Now mathematically if they are 3 level higher and you’ve squished to level 50 and They kept the rule of 3 ilvl a higher that would make them 53. Making them as a percentage higher than they were at 113 by comparison to 110.

These things happened last time they did a squish too.

Just wait till you’re level 60 and you’ll be destroying the joint again. Everything is always balanced around max level.

Problem is that Ion and the devs SAID we would be able to kill stuff we could before just fine, but the exact opposite is happening right now.

His EXACT quote was:
“When it’s done, you’ll likely feel a bit weaker due to Corruption’s removal (8.3 content tuned around Corruption will be rebalanced, but the rest of the game wasn’t built with that in mind) but otherwise you should be able to solo what you could at 120”
This is obviously not done and a unfinished trainwreck, since i can’t kill stuff i could kill just fine without corruption.

Thats a unacceptable reply, especially since expac got delayed. As someone pointed out before, you weren’t suddenly unable to solo Lich King on WoD prepatch at level 90 at all. If you could solo him before, you were good to go at it again without issues.
So no excuse here, saying people need to level to 60 to solo again is just insulting.

4 Likes

Once again. They balance everything around max level.

Same thing happened last squish.

Move on.

Your whinging is unacceptable.

Get a grip.

I just replied above you:

“Thats a unacceptable reply, especially since expac got delayed. As someone pointed out before, you weren’t suddenly unable to solo Lich King on WoD prepatch at level 90 at all. If you could solo him before, you were good to go at it again without issues.
So no excuse here, saying people need to level to 60 to solo again is just insulting.”

Also, that WoD item squish didnt screw us over like this one and 8.0 did.

Every squish has had issues with solo farming old content.

Its hard not to when im unable to do something i enjoy because the devs failed to do the job properly. Calling it whining and just “deal with it” is not acceptable, or are you telling me now that it was 100% alright to release the prepatch in this state?

8.0 and 9.0 did, WoD didn’t had issues with solo farming ,it only had with leveling mobs due to mobs with mana/energy bars suddenly hitting x4 harder. This prepatch meanwhile not only messed older content, but yesterday i was taking 5 seconds per item to vendor them off my bag, same deal if i wanted to purchase a item from vendor. I could go on, but my point remains. Saying this is acceptable and wait for shadowlands is not right, I would have liked another week delay to prepatch to see fixes like this happening and a smoother launch, but instead they released this laughably trainwreck and are 100% to blame for it.

1 Like

You need to get a grip mate.

100,000 people a day in Europe are getting infected with Covid. Tens of thousands of people are dieing every day at present.

And your major issue is a tantrum on the forums about how you can’t kill pixels like you used to.

There have always been issues around squishes. They always sort themselves out at max level.

Get some perspective.

1 Like

Incoming tantrum #456274

Ahhh, the “appeal to a bigger problem” stance. Sorry, not gonna work. Its not a tantrum, but its being rightfully pissed because i can’t enjoy the game properly because of a very poorly done job. Yes, issues happened before but saying “they sort themselves at max level” basically is “you get screwed, weaker, get destroyed, buy next expac and level” and you are good to go. No idiot, Keep player power WITHOUT corruption the same. I dont give a crap about corruption, but i would be happy if i wasn’t made into a wimp because of a lousy prepatch. Or are you telling me that a level 80 guy being unable to solo vanilla raids or dungeons in cata prepatch actually happened and was ok? Or even WoD prepatch, ITSELF featuring a item squish?
WoD prepatch was the only one done relatively right, it was glitchy and had issues but was nowhere as bad as 8.0 and 9.0 prepatches.

You are just pitiful, defending this trainwreck. I gotta say that if you are defending a poorly done job by the devs, i have to wonder if a coworker who is below you in a company’s position and does a poor job could just get away with it while you say “eh, it works. People should deal with it”.

5 Likes

Larger problems of the world notwithstanding, you’re defending a video game’s honor, dude.

It’s a tantrum. Patches always have issues. Major change patches even more so.

If you don’t know this you haven’t played this game long.

Build a bridge. You carrying on like a pork chop on the forum with your overt and overbearing outrage isn’t going to change anything.

There were always going to be problems. Long term players know that. Blizzard know that. And if you think they aren’t aware and working on fixes you’re delusional.

I’d dial your outrage back about 7,000,000 miles and do something else for a couple of days.