Old raids no longer soloable

Blizzard, I think instead of playing it safe and making players slightly weaker when doing old raids, what’s the big deal about making players at least a little stronger?

Mythic Gul’Dan is unsoloable… By a long shot.
In 8.3 I was able to very very easily solo Mythic Gul’Dan with a lot of slack, but now I cannot even get Illidan to 50%.

196 Likes

Not just raids, I can’t even solo easy rares or WQs any more. Yesterday - took 20 -30 seconds to kill a 1-2M health rare (with no corruption), today I can’t kill it at all … I die.

This is a massive reduction in power , relative to mobs.

152 Likes

Predictable, sadly.

30 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: I wouldn’t be surprised

37 Likes

For Legion raids that was pretty much to be expected.

10 Likes

I don’t know if its still true, but when this was on the PTR, I was unable to solo MC on my level 30 (formerly 80) Herald of the Titans warrior. I went from being able to breeze through everything in there to getting two shot by the destroyers at the entrance.

The mobs in MC were scaling to level 32, which is beyond Wrath level.

Well done, Blizzard. Excellent job!

PS also the servers have croaked, and I can’t get on to check anything.

34 Likes

There was a time in PTR when legion raids would 2 shot you, it was rescaled.
I doubt a level 30 can’t solo MC.

gotta hit 60

14 Likes

Thats convenient. That should drop in a couple…months?

17 Likes

How did you avoid the stunlock?

You are missing corruptions. Stat scaling wise you should still be the same, but corruptions is a huge loss of power and one of the only things that was making some of those kills possible.

11 Likes

Before pre-patch - I removed all my corruption at MOTHER, went and killed a WQ rare in 20 seconds or so - using just two rotation spells and no cooldowns.

Today - log back in today, can’t kill it even if I blow all the CDs.

Same thing with Mechagon rares, things that were trivial before yesterday (with +10% crit from corruption only) are impossible to kill at all today even with cooldowns.

This isn’t a subtle reduction in power, this is MASSIVE.

99 Likes

They said they rescaled around the factor of no corruptions.

5 Likes

Im sure the 1 corruption I had that increased my haste utilization was the biggest contributor to my performance.

:roll_eyes:

42 Likes

Idk, you mean the periodic stun? It only lasts like 2 seconds.

Saying and doing are 2 completely different things.

5 Likes

There’s a difference between doing a bad job, and just not even trying.

24 Likes

Are you Bashcutter from the Asmongold mount off? lol

3 Likes

Well yes, but unfortunately yes.

29 Likes

I dunno if this is the case anymore, but it used to be that you got a power boost when doing legacy raids, so as long as you were 11 levels or more above that content.

Blizz recently changed it in BFA so that you got a power boost when doing Legion content, despite it only being 10 levels behind.

I wonder if whatever they did to tweak that has been broken in the level squish?

4 Likes