Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

In a single word-

No

I disagree, I think the added difficulty is refreshing for both veteran and new players alike. Plus, the art style and lore behind this game is so deep that I believe new players should be able to experience it without mechanics like Timewalking. This would ultimately be good for the game.

Oh great, good effort there, but still it needs to be proven, not typed.
That person needs to post actual logs, and that we are on our way.

The post in wowhead’s article seems pretty cut and dry. The legacy buff was never applied to Legion content as it should be.

Then there should be a chromie option for yall to go in there at pandaria max level and fight the thunder king. Have at it. But me? I’m mog farming. I’m not there to build up repair bills. I’m there to make money and get some good clothes.

Also, I’m a “veteran player”. Been around since 07 and did pandaria raids when they were current and they were fun. But we are years past them and when I’m in there, I want to leave with memories of the past, gold, and mogs. Not a repair bill and a smashed keyboard.

Don’t even get my started on Legion. Two expansions ago and I can’t even do heroic alone? That’s bullcrap. Even LFR Antorus is a PAIN.

3 Likes

You realize we arent paid employees right.

“Hey go in and document your logs and report back, and we might have this fixed in 2 weeks, or never”

It’s nice some players are willing to do this, but this isn’t on the players to find the scaling issues for them.

6 Likes

This is so ridiculous :weary:

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’ll reiterate, as I’ve already posted:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/raid-tuning-and-bugs/678578

It has been reported and shown as far as the community can. These reports have been IGNORED. A quick search in the bugs will query numerous other reports. What you’re asking for has been done.

1 Like

Yup! Just need the proof and we are off to the races.

Proof provided. Where’s the race at?

2 Likes

Like I said before, time walking isn’t enough of an incentive for new players to explore old content so this new change will help with that. Alienating the community from veterans who want to simply run through the content for fashion vs new playes whove never ever seen that content will just cause more of a divide and this is what Ion is trying to solve.

Excellent, do you have logs from those runs? If not, are you willing to redo that testing while logging?

All Metro is attempting to do is put in some effort to fix a problem, it seems that putting in any sort of effort for a change is lost in today’s world but there it is.

I’ll volunteer to go get killed by Conclave of Wind again if that means I can get pretty new mogs without getting whacked in 10 year old content.

1 Like

This isn’t an incentive, there is no reason at all. Plus, the content rewards don’t scale, so it’s more difficult but not more rewarding. Where’s the incentive?

Oh of course not, but its not any actual work.
You are doing the content anyway, right?

its just a matter of how much you actually care about this.
If you are just here to kick a can around and hope some one else does the fixing for you, then by all means, stay hands off.

If you want it fixed though, the path forward is clear, and its barely any effort at all.

I would be doing it myself for sure, if I had any actual experience soloing old raids.

Why not have an intern run the old raids? Here’s a free example… Mythic Emerald Nightmare, first boss, 10 stacks of an unavoidable debuff will one shot you.

2 Likes

f that guy
seriously. get someone who understands that there are multiple types of people who play the game.

1 Like

You have the log you mean?

Here, mountain of logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/reports?zone=13&boss=0&difficulty=5&class=Any&spec=Any&kills=0&duration=0&server=0#

That should take you to M ToS

and

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/reports?zone=17&boss=0&difficulty=5&class=Any&spec=Any&kills=0&duration=0&server=0

for M Antorus

I’m not linking any specific log because they aren’t mine it’s just publicly viewable logs. Should be sorted by most recent but if not just click the uploaded header