Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

Any plans to fix old raid tuning?

They’re curious to hear specific examples. There was a bug in the first week of Shadowlands where the scaling benefit against Legion content went down as you leveled. That should be working as intended. Players who compared themselves at the end of the last expansion and the beginning of this expansion and find that it’s talking longer is an unfortunate thing about leveling up in WoW and the way combat ratings work.

So basically your scaling system goes against the concept of what an MMO is. Character Progression is something that no longer exists in this game. You level up, get to max level and get better gear and for some reason this makes you weaker when it comes to going back and doing old content?

How is this even a thing. Correct me if I’m wrong but when the pre patch came out we all lost our corruption buffs and we had trouble clearing old content because we did not have those major buffs anymore. We were then told by a Blizzard dev (it may have been Ion, I’m not sure which is why I’m stating “Blizzard Dev”) That once we hit lvl 60, old content will be a push over again. That was a lie.

Your scaling system is terrible and the fact that you say its “Working as intended” shows the huge disconnection you have with the what your player base enjoys in this game and not to mention the concept of what an MMO is. People play this game for many reasons. There is allot to do in WOW and a huge part of this game is Transmog/pets and mounts.

Fix your scaling system…because right now you are basically punishing people who are actually trying to progress their toons in wow. If I knew I would be able to 1 shot something at lvl 50 and no longer at lvl 60…i wouldn’t have bothered stepping foot in Shadowlands.

Again. This is an MMO…maybe you should go look up what the concept of an MMO is because clearly the basic fundamentals of an MMO has been forgotten when it comes to developing this games future content.

On another note. Shadowlands is fun…kinda.

400 Likes

I died on the Conclave of Wind in Throne of Four Winds.

A 10 year-old Cataclysm raid.

I’m level 60 and iLvl 170 …

Yeah, this needs fixed. Like soon lmao.

298 Likes

Its absolutely insane that bosses in legion are not in one shot range at this point. It was TWO EXPANSIONS AGO. Seriously, blizz realized that old raids are popular and people run them regularly so this is their way of maximizing time spent there.

169 Likes

“Working as intended” …lol

44 Likes

So what your saying is that Kiljaeden is on par with N’zoth still…smh.

14 Likes

I don’t understand all the hate towards Ion here, he’s said nothing wrong. I haven’t played through all the content including a lot of new players and some of us like the challenge of going back and reliving the old content, sure it might not be easy like before but it gives that old content more shelf life for players who’ve never experienced those mechanics or difficulty before.

9 Likes

I still don’t think I should be dying in a Cataclysm raid at level 60. :’)

128 Likes

Well the most obvious example that happened to me is probably the fact that in ICC25H Sindragosa now lives long enough to use her breath attack, slowing how long it takes to get to LK. I have been running ICC for years to farm Invinceable and I cannot remember the last time she lived long enough to use that. Things are busted.

107 Likes

There is no hate towards anyone here. There is however a strong disagreement with his response when it comes to content scaling.

40 Likes

I get that but I’m just saying that old raids lore wise still contain very powerful gods and key figures, if I’m a new player whose never seen it then it would silly to make those old powers a push over. I think the challenge even at current level can increase the shelf life of old content.

2 Likes

“it’s normal for you to feel weaker when you grow stronger”
wait what?

152 Likes

I agree this is an MMO and player power should be reflected and growth should occur

So I think they should remove the bonus we get all together and not scale the mobs down so they stay at their true values and we should do the same damage we do to them as we do to normal mobs

2 Likes

I guess the jokes on blizz?

People who liked doing raids from 2 expansions most likely only wanted to run them solo for mounts/transmog. Suddenly making them not soloable is more likely to get people to unsub as soon as they get bored with current content.

160 Likes

Why do they keep Ion around lol, he must have something on someone because this guy does the dumbest stuff.

106 Likes

They knew leveling to 60 then farming of older content would be a huge draw away from all the SL content, so they chose to not apply the legacy buff for level 60 players. If you want to farm legacy content do not level to 60. You cannot do both anymore.

12 Likes

Sure it should still feel hard, but not when you double the level of the content. For some people, running old content is one of the primary reasons they play, especially with how painfully slow the current drip feed of content is.

26 Likes

This! When I get bored I farm old achieves/mogs/mounts. Without that option IDK how long I’ll stay subbed. Shame as I was enjoying most of SL, but with all the timegating+this, idk anymore.

61 Likes

I did the same fight on a level 50 hunter versus my level 60 hunter - Cataclysm, Conclave of Four Winds.

Guess which one survived and didn’t lose health? :’)

17 Likes

Then if you wanna do it like it was at level, they should have a way for you to do so. However you do not take away the power/option for those who have been doing it solo for 10 years. I really don’t see what is hard for you to understand about most of what you don’t understand. Most of this stuff is simple common sense.

34 Likes

Also, based on this response, I’m not leveling any more alts to farm things. Bringing them to 60 has no incentive anymore if they are just weaker, lol.

44 Likes