Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

Enough with the veteran bullcrap please. You don’t speak for all veteran players. Stop trying to tell me what kind of player i am. Mog farming isn’t the only thing I do. I just made a legendary and I have a vault to open when I login. There is no alienating. I’m even signed up to be a guide for new players. Making old content hard so new players can say “why am i here? none of this crap is even an upgrade” isn’t an effective strategy to get them to go in there.

3 Likes

No, I do not have logs for those runs. But I’d happily run them again and again… it’s how I enjoy this game (well not so much lately because they’re fubar). Nevertheless, I’ve never been offered or asked. I (and others) have reported in the appropriate places and these posts have gone nowhere.

The incentive is the same as it would’ve been before, veteran players earn transmogs and mounts and new players get to explore the last 10 years of lore and art that they missed out on. If anything, I think folks will get a better sense of pride and accomplishment when they can complete content at a higher difficulty vs. one shotting it.

All hands on deck right now appear to be geared towards making sure this first Mythic race goes well.

They don’t really do “interns” to my knowledge though.
Maybe that has changed recently though.

But even if they did, it would not be something a single player could do alone.

It needs to be dozens of players comparing the math.

question: why do you want logs of someone farming old raids?

Logs provided boys we’re all set now

The statement “Sense of pride and accomplishment” really does make me think that you might not be completely honest with your opinions on here.

1 Like

Ya, I had a look there, and am not seeing anything super alarming, sadly.
It does look like the damage ratios are increased, because surely a protection paladin is not doing 9k single target in a 5+ minute encounter, right?

That’s why you’d need to see more from that same paladin in a variety of content, including outside the raids too.

Love it that a billion dollar company expects its paying customers to do unpaid labor for them and that people like you are all, “Yeah go to work! No check no lunch break. HAIL BLIZZARD” This is why i’ll never be a green.

3 Likes

Again, at the end of the day, we pay to play. You are correct, I do hope the paid employees of blizzard, who run this game, fix the multitude of scaling issues. I am not playing to spend time getting killed in old raid content I used to be able to do, just so I can get logs that may or may not be looked at.

This is a very tone deaf response, and you come off as very snobbish by saying “well you’re not willing to do the work to get this fixed”. They aren’t paying me to fix it. This is on them to fix issues with what a large portion of the player base find enjoyable to do.

6 Likes

They would be needed to identify exactly what is causing the issue.

Different teams work on different things and individual people have their own projects and such. There is no “all hands on deck” as not all hands are appropriate for that deck. Concept artists aren’t standing by for the mythic race, for example. Old raids are considered legacy content. They are likely on someone’s backburner or a couple peoples backburner. I didn’t expect fixes right away, but Ion actually shrugging his shoulders and saying “we don’t see it” despite specific examples being provided is pretty crappy.

1 Like

Up to you!
Sadly, they will work through their issues in the priority they feel is best suited to their needs.

Seems this is a low one.
If it was bothering me so much, I would be more than happy to do it, just to stick it to them honestly.

Hell, just to stick it to the other posters who are decrying.

I understand you’re not necessarily endorsing this perspective, but why exactly is the first Mythic race more important than this issue that has been around since the pre-expansion patch? We’re talking about an incredibly small percentage of players that actually engage in the race. It’s ridiculous that content is so prioritized above everything else.

3 Likes

What’s super alarming is the bosses aren’t falling over as they would have done if we went to 130

OP, in other words… “We don’t know how to fix it, so we are making up a new narrative about why you can’t solo something that you should be able to solo”

3 Likes

We’re working on moving it up :+1:

Right, that’s the exact issue.
He asked for specific things shown to him, and people aren’t willing to do it.

The man literally invited it, and people are acting like its trolling to suggest doing it.

Frustrating stuff, from where I sit.

Why does he not see it is another matter though, so it could perhaps be all in vain.

This is also my opinion. Its nice they want to do mythic raiding, but more and more, we are seeing this is more about quick patches that are forgotten in 3 months, mattering more than the overall health of the game. Most players don’t ever set foot inside mythic raiding. But i guess they feel raiding is somehow more priority

I cant beleive they are asking for examples. We have given examples. Fine we will give more. This subject has fallen on deaf ears. Granted they fired all those people last year we tend to blame other things or that they extended the expansion lets give them time.

This subject was addressed by them and we were reassurred that we can solo old content. This is ashame that the subject was ignored. Im glad it became a focal point so we can AGAIN rally around the flag pole to let Blizzard know time and time again this needs addressed.

:man_shrugging:t2: :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes