Old Content Scaling and Ion's response in QA

I think you’re putting far too much stock into a single company, there’s a lot of different factors that go into making these changes and Blizzard has proven to be very good at reading feedback and implementing changes. If they’re deciding to go down this route, they probably have a good reason to.

You answered your own question.

2 Likes

It’s not just older raids either. It’s stuff from BFA that I was literally soloing a few weeks ago. My DH had to run away from a rare world quest mob. I was out there finishing up achievements when I saw it and decided to go smack it around in case any lowbies needed extra dps. I killed that thing 3-4 times solo during BFA with no issue. This time I barely made it away with 100hp and everything on cooldown after doing perhaps a max of 3-5% of its hp in damage.

After that, I realized I may not be able to go back and enjoy the old content until they fix this stuff. This is not normal. Feeling weaker in current content until you get up to par, sure. Not feeling weaker in things you have already conquered.

5 Likes

lol

/10char

5 Likes

They feed off forum QQ :wink:

I am more than happy to oblige them bows

Heirlooms need their xp buff back, old raid scaling needs to be fixed, and the aoe cap needs to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Give me one example of them not listening to feedback, they literally overhauled all of BfA to give us all new systems this time around.

This is sort of interesting if they handled it correctly. In ESO everything scales to your level and thus no content ever becomes irrelevant.

If they were to buff the rewards (and difficulty) of old raids and dungeons so that they were on par with maybe current WQ gear you and your friends would have oodles of content to do into the future.

Just looking at it from another perspective.

This is precisely what they plan on doing, I think this is a genius move honestly.

1 Like

A horrifying idea :rofl:

If you want to upset as much of the playerbase as possible you mess with 2 things, flight and peoples ability to solo transmog farm.

If that’s their idea which I already know it isn’t then it was probably made by the same person that came up with Archaeology

3 Likes

But, my beautiful bug mount (that totally was not worth farming) is from arch :open_mouth: JK what a time consuming and boring profession lol.

Except you left off the other part of the equation.

More difficulty without more incentive just become tedium.

1 Like

And he comes across as an untrustable creep too. They should stop using him as their mouthpiece. I realize they thought that since he was a lawyer he would be good at weaseling out of tough questions, but it has been backfiring for years. Cut yer damn losses already Blizz!

The proof is in the pudding all around us with systems and decisions that have been adopted and carried on despite them being a constant complaint. Look at the amount of feedback they got from beta that they decided to ignore.

2 Likes

The incentive is what it’s always been, a chance at transmogs and mounts. I don’t think it’ll be that tedious.

I agree. So if they were to do such a thing, then like ESO, the rewards must make it worth our time or like Zareem said, it’s just tedium.

Longer = tedious

The exact same reason classic is “hard”

BfA loot got changed, PvP got changed, Visions got dropped, Content art style has increased in quality, class balance is fun for a lot of people. I’m not sure what feedback they ignored from beta, because as it stands aside from GD complaining as usual, the game is in the best state it’s ever been in.

They’ve been given specific examples and they’ve largely been ignored and/or Blizz refuses to fix them, my own post among them. The current state of the game is how Blizzard/Ion wants it.

I am starting to think Tupac is Ion at this point. lol

3 Likes

Nah, that’s not how it works. If you increase the workload but keep the incentive the same… It’s always going to reduce the desire to do the workload. This will lower the number of people running old content, not increase it. I would bet money.

Agreed.

3 Likes