Oceanic Realms Broken - Merged with US Battlegroup (Lag)

GG Blizz. Already been mass reported and muted for using OCE lingo in a BG. See you guys in 3 days.

9 Likes

Don’t forget that they RAISED the price in order to “continue delivering the service” for OCE, but now that service is gone so… what are we paying extra for again?

11 Likes

Takes deep breath.

Ere we go again…

Blizzard I’m sick of repeating myself. But first it was the padding debacle and then it was the input broadcasting. Since then we’ve had the botched announcement, pre-patch and beta. Finally we land at this lovely gem after being slapped in the face with a 2 week pre-patch and told our honour would be slashed by a factor of 8 with a system that was designed to run 6-7 weeks back in original TBC Pre-patch.

When will you learn that your PR is a literal disaster. Your consumer base is fuming and you really are finally nailing the coffin I’ve previously spoken about in my posts. Classic WoW was done quite well for a Blizzard product but holy hell has Classic-TBC been a failure already. You have people complaining about druids being garbonzo with enough bugs in the game that not even Mortein will keep Louie the fly away. What do you expect from your customers when you’re literally taking them for a ride for the 10th time? Your consumers are done with you’re losing your brand loyal customer base.

We get it. Vivendi is gone. Blizzard North is gone. This is Activision. Fine we understand what to expect. Lads it’s time to walk away. Treat it like CoD accept that this game franchise is dead. Go outside and and become a normie, crack a tinny and talk to the bois while working outside. Now be aware of the black dog and keep a phone handy to call a mate. It’s going to be a hard change but we’re all in it together.

I know this is an intervention but… we can do it. Like an ex-GF we have to cut all ties, she’s too toxic. Look Activision we’re sorry it’s not you, it’s us. We have to go now.

VB song plays in the background as we turn our backs, cracking a cold one and strolling away

A hard earned thirst needs a big cold Elixir and the best cold Elixir is Noggen, Noggenfogger. It can come at any time, taking a bow or killing a cow. As a matter of a fact, I’ve got it now!

10 Likes

Please dont listen to the community on this one
They are having a knee jerk reaction to the Lagg issue and not understanding the bigger issues that this change solves.
Hold firm blizzard this is the right decision and as an OCE pvp player i appreciate this change

1 Like

How to completely ruin competitive pvp for an entire reigion.
Australia always gets the raw end of the stick in this regard. Give the US servers plenty of laggy Australians to crush in a competitive setting.

Sounds very fair and typical of blizzard.

1 Like

The funniest thing about this is that they made this change because the top 1% of oce arena players would face the same team over and over.
So according to blizzard its more important that the 1% get more queues than that the other 99% actually enjoy the game.
Either roll lock now as an oce player or you aren’t going to get high rated, classes like warrior literally have useless abilities like charge with this lag.
In true blizzard fashion 1%>99%.

4 Likes

And what are the “bigger issues” exactly?

2 Likes

This has made Arena and PvP in general unplayable for me. Yeah maybe some people can adapt but the overall experience has been completely decimated. The game doesn’t feel good on 180ms. Let US servers queue on Oceanic and the sentiment will be echoed.

I am going to unsubscribe on my accounts solely because of this change.

Please revert this awful game-breaking change.

7 Likes

So your idea of increasing my enjoyment of the game is by making it…progressively more expensive for me, while also a…worse experience overall?

Wat.

8 Likes

This is a “problem” no-one asked to be fixed…

I’m floored … how did Blizz think this idea was a good idea to implement.

1 Like

Very charming you think US players will ever have to play with 200 MS.

When they first implemented AU servers for WoD, and NA vs AU arena matches would sometimes get played on AU servers, the backlash from NA was so withering it was forever changed to NA only.

Hard to believe it will be different this time.

2 Likes

Veroly

Lmao at all you guys crying about unsubbing, We all know you ain’t doing sweet f all and neither is anyone else.

Blizzard knows this and and doesn’t care even if 50% of the Oce pop unsubbed they still have America and China paying bulk coin to them.

I have unsubbed, maybe others are blowing smoke but for some of us this change is a big deal.

4 Likes

I am so glad that Blizzard were brave enough to implement these changes without consulting the community first, they knew there would be backlash but did it anyway for the benefit of the oceanic pvp community.
A welcome change and I hope there are more like it coming soon.

1 Like

You do understand that it’s not about what they have right? It’s about how much money the could have.

1 Like

This game is unplayable now, so much lag, so very laggy. I can’t play at 300+ latency. Unsubscribed

3 Likes

Not enough brain wrinkles

1 Like

I would be happy to have the NPC change faction for BG’s it would solve everything they are trying to fix by simply forcing us into US servers, not pogchamp.

1 Like

Which unpaid intern approved this

So you’re going to give the oceanic players the opportunity to “meaningfully compete for end-of-season rewards.” By giving them increased latency?
“Better PvP queue times for players on Oceanic realms.”
No one asked for this, anyone who competes knows that 200+ ms is a death sentence.
Whoever made this decision needs to be relocated to a department with little to no responsibility, they aren’t competent enough to continue working their job.

2 Likes

This is a major slap in the face after they raised Sub prices for Australians.

We know that people have a lot of options for entertainment, and we never take pricing adjustments such as this lightly. We appreciate that players choose to spend their time with World of Warcraft, and we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide Australian players with great entertainment value.

• Blizzard 20/11/2020
1 Like