Oceanic Realms Broken - Merged with US Battlegroup (Lag)

YOU MADE IT WORSE NOT BETTER. PVP on pre-patch was actually GOOD! Now its completely unplayable!

3 Likes

Anyone who wants OCE in the NA BG is just trolling hard or that ignorant, or both.

Anyone who wants NA in the OCE BG is just trolling hard or that ignorant, or both.

Ya know… IDIOTS.

1 Like

Under Australian consumer law you will VERY easily get a full refund both for you boost and for the service being unavailable for the day of maintenance.

Consumer protections in Australian are very good. There are also several ombudsman who will act on your behalf when companies act on bad faith/will not work with you to an amicable solution. Companies rely more on their customers being not willing to put in the effort to push to a resolution.

4 Likes

In before we are going to see the TBC forum spammed every day with hundreds of new threads on latency in arena and to revert this change. Brings back memories of Arugal queue times.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that the Oceanic players have slow queue times, but forcing the vast majority of players to RANDOMLY experience 200+ms ping out of nowhere is NOT THE SOLUTION.

Oceanic players playing on US realms will have 200 ping all the time, and that’s their prerogative. Making US players go from 30ms to 200+ ms out of nowhere feels like the game is outright broken.

Revert this change

2 Likes

If a TBC private server pops up in Aus I just might.

Needs to be reverted! I don’t believe majority of the player base want this!

1 Like

Categorically worse for all pvp-oriented OCE players in all aspects, atrocious decision. Bulk unsubs inc

4 Likes

Not as much as feral druids will be drinking. :wink:

I am such such such such such such such such such such such such disappointed.
We used to have very healthy delays, but now we have to endure 300+pin.
Do you understand what 300+ pin mean is PVP?
I will invite all ocean people to give up the game collectively if you don’t make any changes.

1 Like

Surely Blizzard reverses this change before Arena season starts.

Not only does it kill Ranked PvP for many Oceanic players it will also negatively impact USA players who are placed in Oceanic servers from time to time.

As many have said, your reasoning is incredibly flawed and this decision was made for some reason other than improving the enjoyment of Oceanic PvPers.

BC PvP was my main draw and if this remains I will cancel my subscription.

Edit: that this was done AFTER most have paid for a boost or a realm transfer is dodge as F. The pure disregard for the people who play your game as anything but bags of money is vomit inducing

7 Likes

What like Australias or what ever it was called where it would peak with 13 players? Lmao kk

Absolutely retarded decision to merge US and OCE, does not do anything for anyone except make arenas unplayable when matched on a different server

4 Likes

So I’ve been playing skirmishes a little bit and having 150-200ms feels x10 worse than it does on retail due to the way game mechanics work.
With everything on gcd including interrupts, its impossible to interrupt casts against good players. Charge is literally is not even a spell with this lag, impossible to get it off against player with much lower ping.
I think the oce community was big enough to foster a decent sized pvp community, pservers have worked successfully with a lot less player than we have.

9 Likes

There have been a few over the years, a ccouple had some active populations of around 500-1000 (during peak times), mostly though yes around ~20 players online.

Look I get what this change is aimed at doing, I would of liked to see a mercenary mode being able to queue as “first available faction” over being grouped with US.

I just think this change is aimed more at making it so that the australian player base cannot collude/win trade amongst ourselves (since the population is much smaller), than it is to do with “the benefit queue times”.

REVERT this change immediately before it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Want to know a great way to drive out Oceanic PvPers and cause long queues?

Surprise them 5 days before launch with objectively worse and uncompetitive PvP.

6 Likes

Getting rid of spell batching was one of the most praised changes introduced to classic.

Yet the idea of spell batching initially was to allow for these large discrepencies in latency wasn’t it?

You’ve just removed a now unnecessary solution, and been praised for it, then gone ahead reintroduced the problem that the solution was for back into the game…

8 Likes

Exactly this, PvP community in OCE classic has been great and more than big enough to sustain itself. Probably 20x the players than most active private servers and arena works just fine on them.

1 Like

Simply asking OCE players to pay the same sub-price but receiving Second-class service. Unacceptable!

6 Likes