Oceanic Realms Broken - Merged with US Battlegroup (Lag)

They gonna put millions of their prime subs in bad spots because of Thousands in another place.

1 Like

This is actually insane… NO oceanic player wants this.

I thought blizzard actually had a clue when they kept Oceanic and US servers separate after the pre-patch. Why blizzard suddenly decided to do this 4 days out from launch is beyond stupid.

Sub cancelled. Have a good one.

23 Likes

My queue times went up too after this change. WTF??

5 Likes

as a yojamba player, this frightens me~

please leave oce alone, we dont want lag and theres more than enough players between our oce servers to get nice queues

19 Likes

Easy oceanic r1 titles devalues the entire system. US players might feel forced into playing oceanic for easy wins. It’d be a mess. A universal pool makes the most sense, albeit not ideal.

I want this. You just want an easy glad, get good instead maybe?

4 Likes

Thanks I hate it.

6 Likes

Well, it’s official. Blizzard is doing things wrong on purpose.

I unsubbed and uninstalled because the TBC release has been one bad design decision after another but this one takes the cake.

20 Likes

Do you guys not have a faster speed of light?

8 Likes
  • Better Arena matchmaking for Oceanic players.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

20 Likes

Dumb comments in this thread, if they didn’t do this in TBC the highest OCE team would be hardstuck 300 points lower than the r1 US team and literally couldn’t climb for titles.

Not to mention the bottom of the ladder would be deflated due to lack of players so you wouldn’t even be able to get your PvP set.

We’ve been matching into US players in retail for years and it hasn’t stopped anyone getting rank 1.

Use brain pls

9 Likes

Clears throat.

Hahahahaha.

1 Like

You’re playing a caster correct? It is not as important. Soon as you play feral or rogue or fury or enhance… basically any DW / pseudo DW you will hate life with that craptastic ping.

why is my ping 66642069 now

3 Likes

I heal - trust me I notice when ping is bad

1 Like

Okay, show me all your rank 1 titles

6 Likes

I remember when 200ms ping was considered good ping in WoW.

4 Likes

Arugal BG queuing was either dead or full of premades. This has solved the issue completely.

5 Likes

Great change thank you I agree with Cringenromie most of the haters are alliance instant que sooks xD

1 Like

You can more effectively play a caster / healer with latency.

You cannot effectively play a DW melee with latency.

It’s more ideal obviously to have less lag, but this choice by blizzard is just terrible.

Arena is Independent of faction so the choice to do this is meaningless.

If for example there are no good players on Oce, (there are some great players on OCE) but for the argument let’s say there is just one guy it doesn’t matter because he will still get R1.

The only conundrum and idiotic move is merging the Battlegroup and artificial mile stones (weapons / shoulders) in a system that is an economy of points.

Blizzard is really really ignorant or making horrible decisions intentionally. I suspect they don’t really understand PvP and these choices are made out of ignorance and that’s forgivable but at least let’s have a dialog and crowd source this because as it sits now Blizzard is being outdone by private servers and that’s embarrassing.

12 Likes