Oceanic Realms Broken - Merged with US Battlegroup (Lag)

Yeah, not sure how they think the lag is cool…

8 Likes

I mean this is as definitive as it gets, ez ping logs. I sure love playing on an east coast server and soemhow having 300+MS in BGs.

Blizzard, please hire some network techs.

4 Likes

I play from Canada and usually have 120ms on most days, it’s hardly noticeable so it makes me wonder if something else is causing the latency beyond the US/OCE BG merger

2 Likes

We got into a match where oceanic was a leader last night in our bg and it made the lag bad for us too. Please do not do this blizzard.

9 Likes

Nobody wants this. Competitive arena will be DOA for OCE players otherwise.

25 Likes

Every person I know thinks this is a bad idea and honestly depending on how laggy it is in arena I might just outright stop playing, it’s literally one of the reasons I played classic for the oce only pvp that wasn’t 300ms.

Please reconsider this terrible change.

Edit: make note that most of the people supporting the change are doing it as a way to talk down to oce players for ‘wanting easy glad’ I quit the other MMO I played because of pvp lag being frustrating, it had plenty fast queues but no OCE servers, if you opt for this you’ll end up the same with a dead oce-pvp community.

20 Likes

What coast? I play Canada east coast and my pings never more than 70-80 at worst.

1 Like

relax dude its hard for kaivax to control 5000 forum posts all by himself

2 Likes

east cost, ping varies from 70-120 on a given day

I am relaxed, I just enjoy this. Lets see how they play.

1 Like

This is a great change! Too many dog tier oce players were going to get glad for free even though they are not good at the game. Now the actual handful of oce glads will stand out! Great work blizzard!

1 Like

???

27 Likes

I get 30. So not true.

Define better.

We’re looking for quality of gameplay here, not quantity. If I wanted quantity I’d go play Shadowlands.

29 Likes

If this is truly the reason, is better que times for oceanic worth both US/Oce having terrible lag? That’s what’s gonna happen if so.

1 Like

If oceanic remained unmerged can you imagine how much of a joke the r1 titles would be? Rank 1 oceanic = 1600 US lol

1 Like

I mean good for you, but I almost never get 30ms

damn joe biden is behind this hes bringing immigrants into us wow servers

10 Likes

Dumbest change, REVERT

13 Likes

Honestly who cares about titles, it’s the GAMEPLAY that is the problem and the high latency to US servers for us which is the absolute killer.

8 Likes