Oceanic Realms Broken - Merged with US Battlegroup (Lag)

As long as American players don’t get lag from these Australians it’s fine with me.

saddest and truest statement

7 Likes

you heal with high ping and people die.

That said, either blizzard isolates OCE servers and people complain about EZ rank 1 glads, no competition and or long queues because of having less players.

Or the battlegroup gets merged

1 Like

You will get lag, the whole game suffers the latency of the worst connection; this is how retail does it and one of the reasons why Retail suuuuucks.

Not sure why you type “Ez rank 1” OCE players make it to blizzcon every year?

Do EU rankings effect rank 1 titles in US? No? So why do US rankings effect OCE?

Kaivax is trying to make it sound like OCE and NA are one region, and sure in Shadowlands they are. But they aren’t treated that way in Classic.

It sounds like Blizzard has decided instead of putting the work in to separate OCE and NA leaderboards (battlegroups hello?) they’ve just decided to ruin the arena experience for OCE players instead.

19 Likes

Wouldn’t it be cool to know who the best players in oceanic tbc are?
Guess we’ll never know

5 Likes

FREE ARUGAL FROM IT’S ON-GOING TYRANNY!

Edit: at the time I did not realize Blizzard posted already above and confirmed they’re 100% serious about merging us with NA for Arena - this just killed my motivation for Arena right there.

9 Likes

They’ll be on top of the arena leaderboards, up with the US players, just like they are in retail.

Weird comment.

Because it wouldn’t have much to do with skill if you just have to be better than 100 other people.

I was on a smaller battlegroup in tbc and I got a duelist title with a 1650 rank.

Except there are some really damn good players on Oce, it will be no harder or easier than NA or EU. Look at retail a min, even though historically NA and EU have had different meta and even different faction bias, the players on average are about the same; same with OCE.

Fix please. PS it’s insulting our intelligence to feed us that same region line as though that’s the only way that could be done. I’m gonna unsub five accounts over this and obviously I’m not alone.

16 Likes

This is a really big change that affects a lot of people.

Why didn’t you announce this and instead choose to only mention this in a random player’s thread about it.

It’s like you got caught and now have to confess. This behaviour is very unprofessional.

8 Likes

Wait a second,

Nobody on Oceania has been complaining about our populations, we have an extremely healthy player base in the Oceania region, we do not need to be merged with US realms for Arenas.

In fact, Arugal alone is 52% Horde 48% Alliance - things are VERY stable here.

Get your fingers outta Oceania.

19 Likes

You canadians with your snow filled brains, Arugal has been in the top 5 most populated realms for all of classic, why do you think there are no people here? If you’re not informed don’t type :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1 populated server vs NA battlegroups with several.
hmmmmmmmmmmm

They banned OP for saying don’t change lag out of the title
(Blizz have been moderating this thread heavily and changing the title as well)

3 Likes

OCE has lower population and will get less titles, if oce and US had the same ping the same players would get the same titles? Surely you understand that? The issue is it won’t be even ping so the oce players that get shafted by high ping won’t get the titles that they WOULD HAVE if they got on a plane to corona land US and played from there. Prove me wrong betanadian

1 Like

Economy of points.

The better the average player is vs his piers the Lower the rating can be to gain higher titles because 1 it’s an economy of points and 2 there are less bad players to eat so the “rating” values are different.

This does not make lower “rating” R1 bad, just makes the economy of points a different value.

In retail they add inflation artificially to combat camping “safe glad” ( titles) things are a little different now in retail so im paining a picture here in a more traditional arena setting of the not too distant past so that players from across time who don’t play SL can also understand.

1 Like

Will be hilarious to see gladiators not be able to get a rank high enough for a weapon again.

People loved that.

1 Like