:O bfa makes everyone tox now

I absolutely understand the frustrations as I said in my first post. I am not disagreeing the meta has a lot of issues. People were upset about a guild abusing cloak of shadows on Mythic Jaina. They didn’t get world 1st but they were in the top 20 world and that was upsetting to a lot of people. I understand where people come from I just don’t think Pikaboo and many other streamers immediately calling us ‘the worst players ever’ is a fair assessment. I won’t say were the best because were not but we found something that has worked for us, we enjoy playing together, and are climbing together. I think at the end of the day, in a game, thats what matters. Caprise and hordes are great guys and I really value the opportunity to play with them.

3 Likes

i dont think you’re the worst players ever by any means i think you all fundementally understand what will get you killed and what you have to do to not die in a really slowed down version of the game

that’s still better than a vast majority of players
but i do think “counter” aside you probably shouldn’t be qing into the players you q into let alone “countering” them
iirc your DH is like a mythic raid main who has nearly 0 pvp xp

that just brings to surface the deepest problems with the current game design philosophy

i mean why did you guys kick 12 MDs tho
did you hear it on LOSSA and think “oh MD = bad better kick” without realizing why?

that itself is telling and wouldn’t stand up at all if the game were as competitive as it was in the past

I don’t use Lossa or any of those addons. I only have gladius and omnibar. The problem was that we have never seen an spriest use MD to bait kicks. I acknowledged earlier this was just a lack of experience on our part because usually MD is casted with a purpose. I see a lot of spriests just spam VT until they get it but obviously Wikz is much better and we learned from that game. Even though his comment was somewhat rude it actually helped us to see where we went wrong.

3 Likes

I’ve played this game since Vanilla and I keep hearing the same arguments over and over throughout the game just in a different setting.

Was like top 50 guild for 3 drake Sarth and we didn’t cheese it. Of course when we found out you could just cheese it guess what we did…

It didn’t invalidate us or make me angry we wiped 50+ times doing so.

i mean this is it exactly

i dont think you’re bad players and learning from something is a massive + vs players who just whine and complain and take nothing from it

however to be top 30 on ladder and learning stuff like that is disheartening for the state of the game and speaks volumes about the current issues

top 50 isnt competitive
why would you be mad

my first pve 25 man guild was around top 50
i had no idea or interest in anyone abusing anything
didnt matter at all to me

the same way it probably doesn’t matter to 1800 players that people q guardian druid or double destro for free glad

Gwenchan stop.

Play Enhance if you want yo play a terrible melee.

Arms is very good. Almost won blizzcon without tank trinkets.

I have a headache from this thread

1 Like

I absolutely agree but it also calls to the fact that other spriests aren’t playing at that level. I’ve queued into every high rated spriest on the ladder and not one has done that other than Wikz. However, I am sure we can all agree Wikz is probably the best spriest playing and that is why his strategy is unique to him because hes playing on a different level.

I think the problem is that an spriest alone can’t really punish a team for bad kicks. For example, when you queue into splay you focus most kicks into the lock’s bolts. The spriest alone isn’t winning the game and that is why that mistake did not cost us the game. Maybe im wrong here and if I am I would absolutely like to be corrected - no sarcasm.

2 Likes

So you are saying the mage and healer on that team did nothing? I did see it and the warrior was playing really good. But don’t discount his teammates.
I’m not saying warrior is terrible. But it’s behind dh, dk and rogue… Maybe it’s the fact that so many groups would rather have those melee? Or there are too many warriors.

I’m the healer in the dhdk that you guys are talking about. My dk has admitted to not knowing the MD was used to bait and he has learned from it, you’re telling me that being top 30 in ladder makes you infallible? You don’t have to know every single thing in the game to get there. The fact that he and the dh just learned that they can’t be kicking MD will make games vs pika’s team even easier in the future. This whole thread is…a giant waste of time. Play what you want to play, if it’s op, who cares, have fun and play with people who you enjoy playing with. You guys have to relax.

You know you guys keep stating this like it is a popular comp. Please name all the people currently running it. Hell, name 4 locks that run it right now. Don’t worry I’ll wait. Since it is two on a team it shouldn’t be that difficult.

He’s right guys. Fire mage destro for free glad. Come on.

Sure I don’t disagree with that in regards to tourney play, I don’t think anyone does at all, it’s just on ladder there’s a massive point where you’re getting 0 reward out of it especially when it’s not end of season so you’re not even playing competitively you’re just getting CR that will be devalued as the season progresses anyways lol, if there was consistent reward it would be one thing but there just isn’t - and even tournaments at this point have so little reward too. That’s also why I said those people will just quit the following season anyways if that comp isn’t actually ultra free for them. They’re not competitive in the sense of trying to be better, they’re just seeing a win but there’s nothing that’s resulting from it.

People can give themselves more longterm success by trying to improve with something that’s good, but there’s obviously options that are just completely forgoing consistent improvement longterm, and at that point I actually think it’s difficult to call that a competitive person.

Every person wants to win with anything, but that doesn’t mean that they’re competitive. I think mostly tank items are a bigger example of anti-competition because you’re just getting a handicap - I don’t necessarily look at mage and warlock the same way even though they’re really broken for example, because there are still different contexts at play here.

I don’t really know how you would argue it’s not against the spirit of competition to somehow have something that’s really cheesy that is just making people compete against players far above their skill level to begin with. Idk maybe an extreme analogy is I wouldn’t want to just play a 1v1 game of basketball vs kobe bryant and “win” even though I never actually scored a shot and he dunked on me 100 times, like sure I can be like “WOW I BEAT KOBE BRYANT” but really is that actually a competition rofl.

Idk I’m all for people having handicaps at lower levels of play but any serious player is just getting their time wasted playing vs someone that’s worse than them that just has a handicap, sometimes it feels like you’d rather be playing vs a bot because one side isn’t competitive in the sense of the game itself.

Obviously when I’m speaking of competitive though I’m literally refering to people trying to actually improve or be better than anyone else to win, vs competitive in the sense that oh you just want to see a win.

I mean to be fair it was mage melee healer vs mage melee healer, one team had rogue/rdruid, other had warrior/mw

I actually think warrior is absolutely top tier without tank trinkets, warrior has so much it can do to swing the outcome of a game. Tank trinkets are kinda just a handicap imo that’s limiting actual improvement

Yes you’re not wrong but honestly outside of playing something super forgiving stuff like this is actually basic knowledge for high end play…

The best of the best will have smaller things they don’t know but this is like really basic game knowledge at that level

Honestly the only reason wiz did that I’m pretty sure is because he was likely thinking to himself “wow these guys seem really stupid, I wonder just how stupid they are” and then he casted MD and actually got kicks. Honestly don’t think another spriest would actually just think that to themselves, but that probably contributed to him being extra tilted since it’s him verifying what he was probably thinking to himself already

Bad argument, guardian has incredibly low representation, that doesn’t mean it’s bad either

Double destro isn’t the absolute best meta comp but to say it’s not a free rating cheese is kinda silly lol

2 Likes

Hot thread btw farming this site activity. Tell bliz you want a bonus

i never understood if this was to self validate or an involuntary defense mechanism produced by the brain in these scenarios

because you sure sound exactly like every legion s3 double spriest spirit link talent glad
as well as every double dh rdruid glad that vanished of the face of the earth once they couldnt abuse their comp

you probably didn’t play any of these seasons though since you’re a pretty new player so this is lost on you

Honestly if I dont get a job offer from blizzard in my email tonight i will be disappointed.

3 Likes

No I honestly have to wonder how you think double lock is this popular comp when it plays so poorly into RMX and pretty much equally into any shaman/monk melee cleave.

Seriously though Scary, with your multitude of DKs you think you’d go earn your free glad this season too.

Here let me list all the people I’ve encountered that are/have done double lock this season.

Grapesoda - with me
Osmatz - with me
BIH - with me
Riddle - with me
Shanderlaze - with Osmatz

I’ve queued into a mirror once this entire season.

didn’t say popular i said it was hard to lose as

dh representation isn’t as high as most but most dh comps are VERY hard to lose as

representation is a new players guide to validation

once you understand the game a little more fundamentally you’ll get it

1 Like

I don’t think its fair to say that teams just want to get a win. We play the comp because that’s what we enjoy and we do actively look to improve. We rewatch vods when we lose so that we can understand why we lost and what we can do better next time. Even when we win we are rewatching vods to understand what mistakes were made. Its hard to judge our thoughts and perspectives when you don’t hear our comms or really know what we do.

This is true for any team. When you only have one perspective or one vod it doesn’t really help form a good opinion.

We are try to be competitive and I think that is why we are where we are. Knowing the small details that we know is what has allowed us to progress together, as a team.

1 Like

hate the game not the player eh?