Not receiving gold for sold auctions

Also lost a fair bit of gold here on Emerald Dream - US. Gold seemed to be dissappearing by at least 8pm EST on 1/16/2020 and I was noticably still losing sales as of 12am. Not sure exactly when it started or stopped, just know it wasn’t working during those times.

Not to mention the people who will stop playing. In some instances it isn’t a bad thing.

I have assumed as much myself. We will see what happens.

Hi Orlyia, not sure if this is the same issue, but I’ve lost mail between characters in the last two days. The most recent one was two pieces of transmog going between Aélus - Cenarion Circle to Miralai - Cenarion Circle, on January 16 between 8:00pm EST and 10:00 EST. It was an Axe and a piece of clothing from Island Invasions, and they never arrived at Miralai.

It may not be, but we can at least try ruling out some things just to be sure! If you run with addons and haven’t been updating them with the release of the new patch, it’s possible that some of them are having fun at your expense.

First thing I would suggest is updating as many as you can, and then try this to get rid of any existing corrupt files.

It looks like there is a message on the character select screen now. Gonna give blizzard credit this is a good step in the right direction of community communication.

You cannot have a community without communication. I would upload a screenshot but i don’t know how to attach it to the post.

2 Likes

I have lost all of my auctions this morning 1/17/2020, on Stormrage. I can see the auctions as sold on my list but if I log out and back in, they are just gone from my list entirely and there is nothing in my mailbox.

Could be related, Aélus - but this looks different, more like it was deleted.

I’ve asked this be restored. The suggestion to do a proper reset UI is a good one. If you run any kind of mail addons, it may have deleted without you intending it to - and what is odd, you usually can’t delete mail with items attached. In any case, check Miralai, see if you see it now.

This is still happening it seems as of now. I posted auctions and things sold. Two of the items disappeared after the timer was up and no gold in mailbox. It happened to this character on Wyrmrest Accord.

It’s likely to be an issue for as long as the Breaking News panel is up on the character select screen, strong recommendation is to wait to ply your trade until it’s removed.

I was able to pull all of my Auctions off of the AH and it seemed like they all ended up in the mail.

I would suggest everyone do this if they can, there’s no sense in leaving Auctions up that might sell and then you get nothing for.

I also pulled everything out of the mailbox and stuffed it in all the banks / guild banks for safe keeping incase the mailbox bugs.

BeSafeGoblins

2 Likes

Sold auctions were missing the gold. But cancelled auctions and bought items did get delivered, so I would also suggest keeping your items in your bag before the issue is labeled as resolved.

Hopefully they fix this before Tuesday, when demand skyrocket. Demands are generally low now, so I’d say no need to insist posting in danger of loosing auctions. (I’ve lost around 200k gold, also had a ticket submitted.)

They should shut down the new AH until this get fixed. Put the old system back and let us use the addons that have work fine forever. I want my gold or my items back from all the farming I did for herbs and ore, not to mention fishing! We used the AH in good faith and most of us don’t keep detailed records of what we post. It’s just stupid of them to even ask us to do that.

1 Like

i dont know if im affected, havent seen more than 1k gold, ahcaracters:

kajii
uvora
meshk
arughall

all from ragnaros - us

Just lost another 10k from 100 unbridled pots this morning - I took 10 screenshots with timestamps for each one.

Do NOT put things in AH. Blizz should honestly close it at this point.

3 Likes

im checking my characters, yes im being afected too with those characters, i have posted since the patch day, dont know how long being losing gold

Edit: lose tome of quiet mind, some bfa flask, bfa ore, not sure what else i have lost, is a way to check from blizz side?

I am now trying to cancel my auctions and am getting other errors “That item does not exist” and “that item was not found” when opening my mail

1 Like

I can say that the AH just “ate” an auction of ore that sold at 9:30 CST. I highly recommend removing your auctions or lose the item/gold.

1 Like

I have a level 1 bank alt on Wyrmrest Accord horde side named Acromion. That character had some monel-hardened stirrups on the AH last night that are now gone and no money in the mailbox. I have since pulled all of my auctions. I can’t remember what I else I had on there that might have sold.

1 Like

Just got a message from blizzard basically saying, oh, sorry. But your gold is gone and we cant do anything about it.