Not receiving gold for sold auctions

yes this is happening to ppl all over

1 Like

And so. What does that have to do with blizzard not testing it properly.

I never used an addon for years, for most of my auctions I still don’t use an addon. The old auction house worked fine for most purposes and it was easy enough to use the sort feature to ignore singles as well.

People are losing gold and goods. There better not be an auction house 2.1 and start the process all over again with bugs.

Also, forgot to mention OP make a ticket - that was what was recommended to do in the customer support section. I have one open but I am not going to hold my breath that I will get satisfaction.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed posting stuff it will say listed but then still remain in my bags. I’ve also posted well below the current price then get expired auctions somehow in the mail.

This is pure paranoid conjecture, attributing malice to what is more likely just an unforeseen patch day glitch (if it is even happening at all).

No professional company would behave this way, even if they could ‘get away with it.’ The long tern loss of confidence and customers would far outweigh any temporary stability gained by 10% having 6 month subs, especially when those subs will also start cancelling eventually if you really behaved this way.

It is much more likely just an unfortunate patch day bug. Also in fairness, the people posting about it really need to make the effort to document their losses with screenshots/videos instead of just rushing to the forums with pitchforks trying to start a riot like some of these posts (thankfully most are maintaining rational civility). That doesn’t generally tend to make things better any faster.

I know our modern “tantrum culture” says otherwise. But even if the president handles his problems that way, it still doesn’t make it rational or civilized behavior.

I get that this would be frustrating, but the best people can do is put in tickets with adequate documentation and wait for a hotfix. I will say that Blizzard really aught to be better at patch day customer communication by now.

What is it with modern companies that don’t bother keeping in contact with customers on their forums? They used to staff entire community management teams to help mediate paranoia that arises from uncertainty in the absence of communication.

Blizzard is their own enemy in this case. Where is the communication? Just a simple sentence from a blue (“thanks for the reports and sorry for the trouble, we’re working on a fix!”) could save so much hassle. When is the last time a blue even posted on the forums? So, mistakes were made, on all sides I would say.

I don’t wanna “Be that Person” but if you have THAT much gold, would you mind sparing some so I could play WoW for another month? (I can’t pay right now due to my financial aid for school changing and me now owing them 600+ dollars, I could give you proof if you don’t believe me and think I’m just saying it lol)

Right there in bug area so yeah there is a big problem.

1 Like

This morning I found that my baked-potato was sold and AH was going to send me money in 55 mins.
However, for the whole day, no income was send to me. Items were sold, money was gone.
This was the first time I noticed this. Probably this had already happened. Really dont know how much I lost.

9 Likes

It’s been happening today, I don’t know if it’s specific people or what but I’ve lost about 9k to this bug. Not selling on AH til I know it’s fixed.

3 Likes

The downtime only seems to have made things worse in AH land. I listed a number of flasks before the recent server.

• Two sold before reset and the money disappeared off both the AH and never appeared in my mail after an hour had passed after reset.
  • Twenty two sold after reset and never arrived at all in the mail despite having the pending payment status.
  • Now another two have sold and I don’t have high hopes for that appearing in the mailbox when none of the others have either.

So much for fixing the AH. Now gold isn’t even showing up after sales. Has anyone else had the problem of phantom sales?

22 Likes

Yep, I lost a dozen bags. I submitted a ticket but the response was they could see three of the sales, which I received none of the gold. No word on the other nine and I’m not sure how I’d prove they existed…it’s not like I screenshot every listing.

10 Likes

I just lost another five flasks where the gold never arrived.

When this happened before to me they checked the logs in whether or not I looted the gold from the mailbox. In this case I don’t see how they can have logs on something that literally never appeared in the mailbox in the first place.

I’m going to delist everything for the next week or two until they fix this and go farm old raids for raw gold. Can’t trust the AH as far as I can throw it.

Edit: Just sold 17k worth of stuff and I’m afraid that it’s not gonna turn up either.

6 Likes

I think I’ve lost a few auctions as well. I remember seeing some augment runes and a Kraken’s eye sold, but don’t remember seeing any gold from those auctions.

2 Likes

I’ve lost TENS OF THOUSANDS of gold that I got for selling my Anchor Weed. The AH said it was sold but the gold never arrived. Someone at Blizzard is sitting there cackling with my damn gold in their pocket.

10 Likes

I am having the same issue with gold not showing up after sells. Around 5k and probably counting.

Not only did people quit, they laid off 800 employees as well. It is nothing but a money grab now.

3 Likes

I’ve delisted everything I have on every character. How something like this got through QA is insane. How the hell is the raid meant to release next week when the AH isn’t even delivering gold properly?

6 Likes

I’m hoping they’re just going to say oh boi our bad sorry about the lost gold and use this as a gold sink

2 Likes

Maybe the gold is being sent back to the buyer.

1 Like

I lost a thousand gold or so to this same problem. Not a real big issue on the loss, but I can’t trust the system. Everything is delisted until some serious error corrections are done. Even then it’s going to be a real fear putting up large auctions.

I didn’t really think the AH needed messing with beforehand, but it is what it is I guess.

Not looking forward to the chaos that will ensue with the level squish after this AH debacle.

2 Likes

They’ve tried to automate too many systems and in turn have broken all of them. Making money was the just about the only thing I really enjoyed this expansion and even that’s gone now because they broke it while trying to increase the query speed.

5 Likes

I just watched an auction end for a bunch of ore. No mail flag came on. Checked the mailbox anyways. Nothing. I’m out at least 20k today because of this as well. I’m cancelling the rest of my auctions. Worst thing that could happen is everything sells :frowning:

5 Likes