Not receiving gold for sold auctions

Awful lot of Scarlet Crusade remnants in the auction house these days. Something about purging heretics.

did you even read the first sentence of the post, or did you just skim it then immediately go to sperging out?

There was a hotfix earlier today that completely screwed people out of gold, They sold items and nothing shown up in their mailbox from those sales.

9 Likes

I understand the concept of how people make gold. I’m asking if you had sold 893 items for 423,382g, would you notice if Blizzard sent you mails that only covered 794 items and 392,743g? Or would you just see items disappearing and gold accruing and assume you got paid for the items that sold?

In other words, do you double-check you actually got paid what you think you got paid?

3 Likes

I wonder how many people are claiming to’ve lost things and putting in tickets to Blizzard, but in fact are poor and jumping in on the bandwagon hoping to get a payout, all due to this bug…

Bugs, during patch week on a major part of the game? Unheard of!

For that person that posted that they’re out over 100k… lol. Maybe they’re new to patch days, but then again, it’s good to be cautious with major systems and expect the unexpected.

The irony in this post is overwhelming.

Where’s the irony? I canceled all my auctions when I saw what was happening. I had over a million gold worth of items on the AH.

I can see that you’re coming to the thread late, so perhaps you’re unaware that systems first hit the PTR before going live.

And even then, nothing major ever works perfectly. It’s the nature of patch days.

But yeah, must be me “sperging out”.

This isnt a quest being bugged, a mob not spawning or some crazy faulty number tuning, people are losing thousands if not millions, this can actually effect economies, sure some people may be hopping on the train, but im willing to bet most complaints are true.

5 Likes

Possibly, but it’s difficult to weed out the chaff from the grain, and so they’ll have to take down the servers and do their best to ensure that the AH is working as it should be…

We can all only guess what the issue could be.

As for everyone with inventory on the AH, best to take a lot of it down and keep it in your mailbox for a week… inventory’s good in the mailbox up to 30 days.

Personally i havent posted anything, i have bought some items and had no trouble receiving, but i stuck with my gut and avoided putting anything up initially because i just wasnt sold on the new AH.

People are rightfully mad and deserve to be upset with how 8.3 launched, Ion even said they were able to take in more feedback and get things better prepared due to the lengthy 8.3PTR

5 Likes

If you have ever played on the PTR almost no one uses that auction house. What they needed to do is a focused testing over a few days and encourage everyone to post everything they had in their bags/bank on the characters they transferred over and monitor that and they did not.

So no the auction house was not really tested.

I actually am surprised they even decided to introduce the ah in the middle of an expansion because of the above. They are totally out of touch.

1 Like

I was so excited for the new AH too . Figures…

2 Likes

I just took all my listings down. Better safe than sorry. I suggest everyone do the same. They managed to break the economy of the game.

4 Likes

The AH was very outdated and anyone that used the original UI (and claimed, “why would i use an addon for the AH?”), always complained about the pages and pages of stacks of 1s.

So it’s a good thing for the AH to finally see some love. Maybe 8.3’s AH is just the AH 2.0, and there’ll soon be an AH 2.1, after all these bugs are worked out?

Not everyone used Auctioneer (i did, 'til it stopped being updated), Auctionator nor TradeSkillMaster (steep learning curve) to make their gold…

yes this is happening to ppl all over

1 Like

And so. What does that have to do with blizzard not testing it properly.

I never used an addon for years, for most of my auctions I still don’t use an addon. The old auction house worked fine for most purposes and it was easy enough to use the sort feature to ignore singles as well.

People are losing gold and goods. There better not be an auction house 2.1 and start the process all over again with bugs.

Also, forgot to mention OP make a ticket - that was what was recommended to do in the customer support section. I have one open but I am not going to hold my breath that I will get satisfaction.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed posting stuff it will say listed but then still remain in my bags. I’ve also posted well below the current price then get expired auctions somehow in the mail.

This is pure paranoid conjecture, attributing malice to what is more likely just an unforeseen patch day glitch (if it is even happening at all).

No professional company would behave this way, even if they could ‘get away with it.’ The long tern loss of confidence and customers would far outweigh any temporary stability gained by 10% having 6 month subs, especially when those subs will also start cancelling eventually if you really behaved this way.

It is much more likely just an unfortunate patch day bug. Also in fairness, the people posting about it really need to make the effort to document their losses with screenshots/videos instead of just rushing to the forums with pitchforks trying to start a riot like some of these posts (thankfully most are maintaining rational civility). That doesn’t generally tend to make things better any faster.

I know our modern “tantrum culture” says otherwise. But even if the president handles his problems that way, it still doesn’t make it rational or civilized behavior.

I get that this would be frustrating, but the best people can do is put in tickets with adequate documentation and wait for a hotfix. I will say that Blizzard really aught to be better at patch day customer communication by now.

What is it with modern companies that don’t bother keeping in contact with customers on their forums? They used to staff entire community management teams to help mediate paranoia that arises from uncertainty in the absence of communication.

Blizzard is their own enemy in this case. Where is the communication? Just a simple sentence from a blue (“thanks for the reports and sorry for the trouble, we’re working on a fix!”) could save so much hassle. When is the last time a blue even posted on the forums? So, mistakes were made, on all sides I would say.

I don’t wanna “Be that Person” but if you have THAT much gold, would you mind sparing some so I could play WoW for another month? (I can’t pay right now due to my financial aid for school changing and me now owing them 600+ dollars, I could give you proof if you don’t believe me and think I’m just saying it lol)

Right there in bug area so yeah there is a big problem.

1 Like