No Cross realm BGs

I played on the higher pop OCE realms and when I was chain queueing at the same times or across a weekend I’d see familiar faces, not sure what to tell you, it’s all anecdotal. Regardless, Classic pop is much lower than the total pop end of vanilla/BC, so numbers would suggest you are more likely to see some of the same people.

Ranking isn’t everything. People like PvP and doing Battlegrounds, not sitting in queue waiting for the high chance of queueing into the same few dominant faction premades.

This is disingenuous. A simplification is that LFR/LFD removed the need to go out into the world and when people did, they were flying. The end result was that it “killed” world pvp/open world interaction.
CRZ resulted in people seeing nothing but people from other realms on their own realm which people didn’t like.
There was lower accountability, but people are going to be scumbags if they want to be no matter what.

That the same problem with CRBGs. There’s no accountability either in CRBGs. If someone’s being a shiiithead, their reputaiton doesnt follow them.

LFR/LFD not only removed the need to get out into the world, but it also removed the social aspects too. that’s the part that people also didnt like. Same with CRZ as you mentioned. All 4 of these things share something in common; it groups players across realms. This allowed people to bypass social mechanism, and it also lowered the quality of these activities too. Someone ina dungeon wants to read quest text? Kick or leave. Faced a tough match ina BG? queue again.

I hope you’re joking… If you think sitting around for 2-6 hours for BG queues is fun, you’re sick. That was one of the most painful memories I have of Vanilla wow lol. Plus they only seemed to pop off when you were in a dungeon group, lol. If it means instant queue times, bring on the cross server BGs!!!

I understand your sense of “loyalty” to the way it was, but slow queue times will cause population frustration, limit an aspect of a game that many enjoy to certain “prime times,” etc. It will do more harm than good, sorry.

1 Like

Im on the fence on this one. My heart says no to cross realm bgs for all the reasons you listed, but my mind says I dont want insane long ques to play bgs either. Its just a tough call for me one way or the other.

1 Like

i dont believe it actually does any of that. you can still do those things with same server bgs.

its funny when people say go play something else because of a feature that we are getting. maybe you should go

If Blizzard was smart they would create a “realm-priority system” with a timeout of 5-10 minutes.

1 Like

Now thats an idea I could get behind.

people usually say go play something else for some stupid reason like they don’t like somebody complains about the looks of a character or they didn’t get the item they wanted.

instances are anti-mmo, and other genres are specifically designed for and offer much better instanced content than mmos. people complained about xrealm in vanilla, this is a chance to not be retail.

some people have always complained about cross realm and a lot have always wanted it too even in vanilla, i know i did

sure u can want it, u should just know that other genres will offer you a better experience than what you want, and that blizzard shouldn’t give it to us just because some people want it.

wow is supposed to be an mmo. all the steps in retail to make it less of an mmo cost all of their subs the first time around.

you’re trying to get faster bg queues for yourself at the cost of the community for everyone else.

youre trying to have longer queues so you can recognize people you cant even talk to

not worth it

very worth it. fighting the horde on my realm for the past month has been a far better experience than any of the soulless pvp i’ve had in wow since they added xrealm.

man im the opposite. i find wpvp soulless and love bgs

i dont care who i play against either, i just like to compete and collect wins.

then you’d loooooove any of the other games that are specifically designed for that experience, they offer a lot more and a lot better than bgs in wow. it’s ok to like other genres.

mmos are the only place that offer a world pvp, and xrealm bgs kills it.

I’ll honestly be amazed if Blizzard went with realm only BGs and left majority of the people playing sitting in nightmare ques. Too many people would just outright quit instead of rerolling just to help balance ques.

Before cross realm BGs you would queue for Alterac Valley and actually (not hyperbole) wait for 6+ hours to get in a single valley. If you like that you are in the minority. The classic honor system was never casual, if you wanted to even get the full blue set you had to grind honor a lot. Rank 14 took a team.

1 Like

i like that because it keeps every AV as something special instead of just another game in the daily grind. you can still pvp without bgs, we’re doing it right now. or you could reroll to help balance the factions and get fast queues, which helps both bgs and wpvp and the game as a whole.

xrealm is saying that bgs are the point of the game, and the entire world of warcraft is secondary to them.

Except it won’t matter. If there are long queues that means fps and get camped until bgs pop. I’d rather spend my time actually pvping than waiting for fp people to land for honor

You can. But then you get reported or blacklisted. Not only that the rewards for doing so is so slim its not worth it.

Also longer queues makes it EASIER to rank up. Not harder.

Like that warlock has said, the entire desire for classic wow was to play with people on your server (hence the whole backlash against layering amd CRZ and LFD). If you want fast games fast dungeons, theres already a game version like that