No Cross realm BGs

Classic is getting crbgs

and it’ll be a worse mmo for it

BG queues wont self correct server imbalance it’ll just continue to make the unbalance feel the worst that it could. Annoying dominant faction by not letting them get into bgs and causing more unbalance wpvp hurting the less populated faction whenever they’re not in bgs. I agree we do want to keep server interaction, I suggest rather than it being cross realm within each faction allow alliance to be from one server and horde from the other without allowing horde to be of mixed servers nor alliance from mixed servers. This will create slightly longer queues but nothing near as dramatic as stopping cross realm bgs all together. Regarding helping balance servers I suggest they offer faction changes but only for the dominant faction to the less populated one.

It would divide the playerbase and lead to longer bg queue times for everyone.

Well probably just for the people who want same realm only :stuck_out_tongue:

Those players who queue for same realm only would be removing themselves from the cross realm pool. So, the cross realm pool would be smaller and have longer queue times.

Of course it, but would that smaller queue actually prevent queues from popping?

No, but the bg queue times would be longer for everyone.

So you are thinking enough people would want same realm only across the entire game that it would actually hinder cross realm queues?

Yes. If people use same realm only, they’ll make the cross realm pool smaller, resulting in longer queues.

Right but unless there are not enough people across an entire CRBG to pop a BG it doesn’t matter if the pool is smaller.

BGs pop more quickly when more players queue up (in the same pool/bracket).

When fewer players queue up, bgs pop at a slower rate.

Sure but there’s a minimum number of player required. And while offering both options might decrease the number of potential queues it doesn’t matter as long as a queue pops.

But what the advocates for same realm only BG’s know is that same realm only BG’s aren’t very popular.

Only horde on PvP servers. For the horde on pve servers, it means instant queues.

Wanted to give this entire post a bump because the SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO VANILLA PVP is already happening to classic.

Guess my predictions of AFK valley and afk botting being the meta wasnt wrong after all.

Called it.

Anyways this forum will explode tomorrow once people start losing rank since they cant match people who literally have 1 MILLION honor

1 Like

Hail Zejung! I logged in with my cough retail version character that made lvl 90. I started 3 months after release and quit in Kung Fu Panda when the xservers came out and I could not tell if I was on Twisting Nether or not. Oh, I logged in with this character to show I made rank 11 and got the war wolf, which is all I was after.

THIS is NOT the vanilla I signed up for. I signed up for the COMMUNITY that when I logged in I would get invites from friends to go run a dungeon or BG. Battlegroups RUINED BGs! Do you remember the 1-6 day AV’s gathering supplies, when you could go to bed on a Friday night and get up Saturday and the same AV was going? I would meet the same alliance players on the battlefield, and we would develop such a friendly rivalry that we would single each other out in the middle of a big battle, or meet in the fields battle one on one to duke it out. What did an AV in Retail turn into? MAYBE 5 minute zergfest over and over and over… It made me sick. Lets avoid battle cause it makes it too long… puke

Between the leeway, now xrealm bg’s, pvp gear,and for me, the ruining of the hunter feign death frost trap mechanic, I will probably not stay subbed much longer. This is hybrid, morphed, fantasy, idiotic classic. Following the SAME road that killed WOW in the first place. No wonder Blizzard said “You think you want it but you don’t”

Now they are trying to hold their heads high by ruining it and saying, “See we told you so!” And I am not sorry to say that those that did not play true vanilla up to 1.12, don’t have a CLUE and just need to go back to retail where the game is already made for them.

My rant, having played this since it came out, Both Classic and Retail.

Mokrahsh

2 Likes

Can we get a CM to weigh in on cross realms? And why they didnt even try battlegroups if they wanted to do cross realm garbage??