Megathread: Merge Skeram and Heartseeker

I couldn’t agree more.

There is a difference between “everyone was fine with it”, and “it didn’t bother them enough that they would be willing to leave their guild and give up all their friends to transfer off”.

Sounds good to me. I think Blizzard should fix their game. Why don’t you?

1. This idea that every player on every server is responsible for everything that happens on their server, is insane. You can do everything right and your server can die because of stupid decisions by Blizzard and/or other players.
  2. Before paid transfers, Incendius was about 40/60. Right before free transfers opened it was close to 60/40. But the real problem on Incendius was that the alliance guilds who transferred were all tryhard guilds. Someone said that of the top 30 guilds on the server, 27 of them were alliance.

The only wrong decision I made was rolling on Skeram, and I didn’t even make that decision, my guild did. Everything else I did was 100% the correct decision, and I regret nothing. I made the best decision based on the choices available to me.

Reminds me of that joke my sister told me when I was a kid. “If you were buried up to your neck in crap, and someone spit in your face, would you duck?”

I didn’t bury myself in crap, Blizzard did. Nor did I spit in my own face, other players did. Whether I did nothing or ducked, I am not truly responsible, except insofar as I made the choice between two bad outcomes, preferring the better of the two.

If every single person on Skeram/Heartseeker was in favor of it, would you support it?

1 Like

They did- it’s called retail WoW, that’s the result of Blizz ‘fixing’ the game to cater to everyone who complained, to fix the dead servers. Now you have cross realm BGs, raids, dungeons, even zones.

Some of us want the community based game that wasn’t ‘fixed’ by Blizz, one thing we talked about for years about why we wanted Vanilla back was just that, community. We got it- warts and all.

Part of community is- if you ninja an item, you don’t get into groups. If you afk in BGs, you don’t get into premades. And if your server community forces the other faction to quit, you don’t get more wpvp.

It didn’t bother them enough to stop playing on that server- that’s just how it is. For some they prefer the servers as they are. I don’t know who likes what on these servers, and neither does Blizz, and they can’t create a server that caters to what every single player on Skeram/Stalagg wants.

But the community as a whole can create the type of server the majority wants- and they did, and that is a server without the other faction. You might not like it- but the community has spoken, and I respect that more. Their actions speak louder than your words.

Hence why I said communities- I mean that, communities. No community is a monolith, but this was something that a very sizable portion of the community created, thousands of players contributed to the hunting down and removal of the other faction.

An mmo is a community based game, the community will decide their servers’ direction, not the one or two people who disagree.

Yeah, we know- and Alliance on St/Sk paid real money, or quit the game because of it. It might suck, it might not be fair- but that’s how it is- and that’s how it is now for you too. If it’s worth the money to xfer, you will- if wpvp isn’t that important, you won’t.

Good for them, they fought overwhelming odds and won.

That’s the community- again, there’s a massive number of players who picked the wrong faction or server to be on and quit or paid to xfer off- what makes you better than them?

Your server made decisions, you get to live with them- that’s part of playing an MMO, this isn’t a single player game. And you still have a playable game, a sizable population for your faction, every opportunity for raiding, premades, arena teams, auctions. You have it extremely well.

They aren’t, Onslaught despite having utter domination doxx’d and threatened to kill IRL one of the few Alliance left after they lost world buffs one week to an ambush. The way these people have behaved is not in a manner that shows regret or a desire to change.

Meaning if they get their mergers- what’s the first thing they’ll do? Blockade the dark portal for as long as it takes to force Alliance to quit out of frustration with not being able to access TBC content.

Why would I wish that upon any other server unfortunate enough to get merged with these players?

Even if somehow it could be proved that they all want mergers, there’s still several other reasons I listed to not let it happen.

But you’re talking about a hypothetical that, just from my own interactions with these players, I know is absolutely incorrect.

I can tell you another thing- for those who were left on St/Sk when the balance was around 80/20 H/A in Decemember, the Alliance would all have preferred free xfers off over having to fork over money and leave behind alts- so I’ll extend this;

I would be more than happy to have every member of the Horde who at that time was demanding Blizz give us free xfers off so we could go somewhere we could play the game at all get free xfers right now. All zero of them.

1. Most of the problems in Classic were caused by Blizzard, either partially or wholly.
  2. Not everything Blizzard did was for the worse. Earthfury is basically 50/50, and was produced by free transfers.

There is “what happened” and there is “what people wanted”. I’m going to assume the people still on Incendius didn’t want what happened to their server, since before paid transfers, it was 40/60, so obviously the people there didn’t want a one-faction server. And the people who paid to transfer came from one-faction servers looking for a balanced server.

Thus you cannot say “because this is the way things are” that “this is the way people want them to be”. Or that “because they haven’t transferred, they like it.”

The alliance on Heartseeker did not want the horde to transfer off. And the horde transferred off after phase 3, which had nothing to do with what the alliance were doing. They left for one reason, no new players. No one wants to level a new character to 60 on the minority faction of a 80/20 server. These weren’t “decisions made by the community”. They were decisions made by an aggregate of individuals who were looking out for their own interests.

And the reason people picked the wrong faction was because faction information wasn’t available. Had I known on day one that Skeram was 30/70, I wouldn’t have leveled there. By the time I knew how imbalanced the server was, I was already 60 and raiding MC with my guild(and paid transfers weren’t even a thing till December).

I was asking a hypothetical for a reason, so please answer it. If everyone on Skeram/Heartseeker was in favor of the merge, would you support it?

They didn’t have to- there was the opportunity for Horde to freely xfer to HS for a very long time from two heavily Horde stacked servers.

Horde chose not to because they didn’t want to try to balance a server. It wasn’t just ‘did not want to level’, the opportunity to avoid levelling was there.

And their own interests led to these servers being as they are- that aggregate is the community, whether you like it or not.

If Blizz were to merge every single server cluster that also wanted mergers to help their servers survive- yes, because it’d be fair if they treated all of them the same, and if all these communities had a hivemind.

If it’s solely an option for Skeram/HS and no other servers- no, because that would be special treatment.

I never got on the forums and demanded Blizzard give the horde on Heartseeker free transfers off. But I did spend a lot of time trying to get Blizzard to balance Heartseeker. Not only did I spend a lot of time trying to encourage horde to take the free transfers here, but my plan to balance all servers was what I called “same-server priority battlegrounds”.

My first mention of it on the forums was on December 6th, before battlegrounds were released. And if you search the forums for “same-server priority” or “same-realm priority” or “realm priority” the top searches should all be me or my alt, Redbud.

My position was that CRBG’s meant that the horde on Skeram/Stalagg could sit on a 20/80 server, and get exactly the same BG queues as horde on a 80/20 server. And that without CRBG’s, there is no way the horde on Skeram/Stalagg, or the alliance on Heartseeker, would have stayed on those servers.

Had Blizzard adopted my idea, all servers would be pretty close to 50/50.

This is kind of like saying “Americans are a community”, and they did X.

Let me just tell you, regardless of what “Americans are doing”, I didn’t do nothing. What “Americans” do has almost nothing to do with me. I don’t agree with pretty much anything they do. And just because I don’t move to Canada doesn’t mean I approve of what’s going on.

Moreover, just because I came here as a refugee from Venezuela, doesn’t mean anything either.

All the more reason Blizz shouldn’t have made changes- they shouldn’t have made phase 2 come early, they shouldn’t have had cross realm BGs until Naxx launch like in Vanilla.

And they shouldn’t do mergers now.

Every time they make a change it’s bad, the answer isn’t them doing even more changes, it’s not going to make things better. You might think it will- but I’m telling you it’ll just result in something like St/Sk merging with HS, a 70/30 Horde imbalance resulting in them camping the dark portal, and all the HS Alliance quitting after a month when they can’t do anything in HFP.

Their changes have been consistantly ruinous, they should be making less- trying to ‘fix’ problems led to AV being utterly abandoned, led to layering for chests/lotus/thorium that threw the economy out of whack, led to us not getting the real AV, and many other issues and now TBC is coming out with boosts and various profession changes.

And neither countries nor games are designed around a single person. This is a community game, the players have an effect on what happens and sometimes it ends poorly. That’s the double edged sword of playing an MMO. Retail considerably lessens the damage that a community can cause, but also just how much a community even exists.

It means you won’t have to worry about these issues in retail, but, it has a massive cost too. Blizz trying to police and enforce community balance won’t work, it never has and never will- they either can let us as a group do both good and bad things, or they can remove the importance of community altogether.

I agree. And had they not, servers wouldn’t have gotten so bad.

I’m not in favor of a server merge. I think forcing people onto the same server is bad policy. My only point, which you agree with, is that the current situation is largely the fault of Blizzard. And I find this insistence that it is all “the player’s fault” and so they should “pay Blizzard more money” to be obnoxious.

Just stop.

Wonder how much fun these people will have when two servers are smushed into one zone at launch.

Meh, carebear life means I don’t have to worry about it.

No one cares about you trudel go lose dmf again to my shadow priest lol

Why do people stay on this realm? What is the point? lol

EDIT: Actually, watching this…it seems awesome…

Gib merge nao blizz daddies. I want to kil cows and dargons in space.

Everything has been said, I have nothing better to add. However, I allow myself to share that I, too, am convinced that this would be a wonderful decision to make. Please #Blizzard take the time to analyze the situation well and you will undoubtedly agree with us.

Have a good week.

Avirëx from guild.

1 Like

Youre a joke, you cry about “griefing” now youre bragging about a time you did it.

Blizzard dont merge the servers. The Heartseeker alliance bragged about driving the horde off the server now they are complaining that there is none left. They will never be happy.

2 Likes

Not to mention most these guys have multiple argentina accounts to avoid paying full price for the game. If they want a balanced server force them to pay to transfer themselves.

Thanks for proving that HS-A is no different than St/Sk Horde- not that anyone questions it.

Blizz, don’t let these people ruin even more servers, they’re contained in the one faction servers they created and deserve.

Lol no one on HS is seriously bragging about driving the horde off the server that’s a joke. It never happened and you can ask any of the horde guild leaders if you want, the reason they left was it was too hard to find new recruits to backfill raid spots. The fact is as soon as BGs were implemented horde players were dominating in wpvp while alliance sat in the city.

Bigtime is an alliance main who quit raiding with his guild to PvP on his horde.

Also, how does merge somehow ruin any server besides the ones being discussed that are already “ruined”?

It sounds like youre just salty that people left you behind on stalagg.

Give me the date/time on discord where this happened. I did a search on the discord, could only find two instances which might approximate to what you claim…

1. Village 04/30/2020 = “Horde ran from this server because me and my guild (mostly me) pwned them too hard and they had to sob to their mommies and pay for a server transfer.”
  2. pylo64 02/20/2020 = “I think we actually ran ever horde off this server. We f’ing did it boys.”

In the first case, I have no idea who Village is, but from the context, he was just bragging about how great he is at PvP.

His previous message was… “46-0. 46 victories, 0 defeats in 1v1 open world PvP on Heartseeker. I challenge any and all of the puny horde still on this server to try and dethrone me. It won’t happen. Transfer to a server where you have a chance. Because here, at Heartseeker, I conquer.”

In the second case, Tanda immediately replied… “It wasn’t you. It was Cl sitting in org dumping on garbage boomer dad guilds. Log in and 45 different morons crying about Cl in org.”

I’m guessing Cl was a rogue who was camping org 24/7. He seems to have single-handedly ran the horde off the server. Grats, whoever you are.

lol u searched discord history to reply to my post what a great use of your time. because discord is the only place where people that play wow communicate right? im sure you checked every single server and channel with your completely thorough search as well.